• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Preload Now Live! (36GB)

Strakt

Just went live for me

aCtpCjv.png

Can you gift a pre-order to a friend on battle.net? Or do I have to buy from a 3rd party?

If I do buy it from a 3rd party do they get the code today to pre-load or do they have to wait until release date?

Blam

Holy shit that's a compressed build of the game.

Can you gift a pre-order to a friend on battle.net? Or do I have to buy from a 3rd party?

If I do buy it from a 3rd party do they get the code today to pre-load or do they have to wait until release date?

Just buy them a blizzard gift card or something.

i wanna say there's a send as gift option in battle.net/blizzardapp/whatever, but i'd have to check when i get home :(

So am I correct in that this game isn't launching at midnight (Monday night/Tues morning) and instead is going to be available to play at 12 PM Noon Central Time on Tuesday?

I hope I misread that.

Strakt

So am I correct in that this game isn't launching at midnight (Monday night/Tues morning) and instead is going to be available to play at 12 PM Noon Central Time on Tuesday?

I hope I misread that.

You are correct. Its launching globally @ 1 pm est / 10 am pst / 12 pm central

greelay

Some people are saying they are able to preload without a key. Might be if they had the beta, it automatically updates to full version.

Yeah, this is my experience. I had the beta, my key will not come from Amazon until the 23rd, but the game seems to be downloading the full game now.

People that had the beta installed on mechanical (7,200 RPM) HDDs, how were the loading times?

Deciding if I should make room on my SSD for this or just stick it on my 1 TB HDD

People that had the beta installed on mechanical (7,200 RPM) HDDs, how were the loading times?

Deciding if I should make room on my SSD for this or just stick it on my 1 TB HDD

If you're going to play it every day, put it on an SSD. If you're going to play it occasionally, put it on your HDD.

Zafir

Some people are saying they are able to preload without a key. Might be if they had the beta, it automatically updates to full version.

Yeah, it seems like that's whats happening for me. It's updating my beta version I still had installed.

Good for me, my retail copy won't arrive till launch at the earliest. I'm expecting it to arrive late, to be honest.

Yeah, it seems like that's whats happening for me. It's updating my beta version I still had installed.

Good for me, my retail copy won't arrive till launch at the earliest. I'm expecting it to arrive late, to be honest.

RIP. i deleted the beta. why does it even show pre-purchase though.

oh. i bought it from gmg.

Syntax

Still haven't received anything from Humble Bundle regarding my key.
New policy for Humble Bundle:

You have to wait for the IGN review, click on the link emailed to you, scroll to the bottom and hit "I Agree" which provides you your key, counts as an endorsement of their review score and is aggregated to meta critic, and serves as consent to use your personal info for marketing and research purposes.

Kudo

You'll be playing with other people. What are the chances everyone has the game on SSD? I'd say very slim.
Stick with the HDD.

BizzyBum

SSD = Better load times, but usually smaller sizes. Ergo, if you don't play it often, why waste valuable space?

How big of a difference does an SSD make for this game?

I could have installed on my SSD but over time with all the patches, updates, and DLC it might have started to take up too much space so I just opted for my regular drive.

SoulUnison

Banned

This is it. I played in the beta, haven't pre-ordered or anything (I'm not even sure yet I want the game,) but it started the 28GB pre-load when I turned on my computer this morning.

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I still had the beta installed and now it's updating.

I'm kind of torn. I'm really looking forward to playing on PC, but I'm not looking forward to replaying all of the story missions AGAIN. >.>

It's a damn shame they didn't figure out a way to implement cross-save (or perhaps, they didn't care to).

Top Bottom