• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Depends on your team and if we're full already. Steelers-age is at capacity as is Packers-age until Buckethead gets banned again.

I'm sure Rams-Age can fit one more. Unless teams are only allowed one devotee per win. Then we may have an issue. There are some advantages to having a terrible team though. I went to all of the home games last year for less than $120

And some people keep telling themselves that it won't even be as powerful as the 360, which is backed up by absolutely nothing and is a bigger joke than the Panthers defense.
Also, the 720 and PS4 will likely not be the huge jumps we've been seeing, but it won't necessarily be a Wii situation either.
I don't know, maybe Sony is still crazy and will find some way to lose $400+ per system again without the BR drive driving up the cost.

But basically, :jnc.

No doubt it will be more powerful than the PS3 and 360. But even if the jump in power for the PS4 and 720 (or whatever goofy name they come up with) isnt as big as it was this gen, with them launching as far out as they are it will still be considerable. I had expected a bit more horsepower from Nintendo. I figured they would shoot for 720p ports with some cuts to detail, but if the WiiU is only a small jump over PS3 and 360 then that isn't going to happen. And I don't think soccer moms and sdtv only owners are going to be around to artificially inflate their console numbers again this gen. Without 3rd party support their isn't much reason for anybody but the diehards to buy it.

If it fails then the tablet is to blame. Should have put that tech cost into the console instead of a controller.

eznark

Banned
No doubt it will be more powerful than the PS3 and 360. But even if the jump in power for the PS4 and 720 (or whatever goofy name they come up with) isnt as big as it was this gen, with them launching as far out as they are it will still be considerable. I had expected a bit more horsepower from Nintendo. I figured they would shoot for 720p ports with some cuts to detail, but if the WiiU is only a small jump over PS3 and 360 then that isn't going to happen. And I don't think soccer moms and sdtv only owners are going to be around to artificially inflate their console numbers again this gen. Without 3rd party support their isn't much reason for anybody but the diehards to buy it.

If it fails then the tablet is to blame. Should have put that tech cost into the console instead of a controller.

Isn't it a resistive screen? What are those, like $5 these days? There isn't much cost in that shitty looking leap frog-esque tablet.

Isn't it a resistive screen? What are those, like $5 these days? There isn't much cost in that shitty looking leap frog-esque tablet.

tumblr_lzgbr28VA91qkqruzo1_400.gif

eznark

Banned

Should have been a comma, my bad. It isn't shitty looking because it is Leap Frog-esque. We got one for my daughter when we flew to Arizona. Pretty solid piece of tech and gets the job done. However, if it costs more than $20 to make I'd be shocked.

You know I love Nintendo, snes, I'm one of like 7 people to buy a 3DS and I will be getting a WiiU. I just have zero expectations for it.

Even if Wii U turns out to be a Gamecube of the gen, Nintendo will still make money on it.

They will make money for sure. Do they ever sell consoles at a loss? But 3rd party support matters.

For all of the Wii's they have sold I would love to know the units sold numbers for their top 10 3rd parts games. With their install base you would think 3rd party publishers would be flocking to the Wii.

snesfreak

Banned
Should have been a comma, my bad. It isn't shitty looking because it is Leap Frog-esque. We got one for my daughter when we flew to Arizona. Pretty solid piece of tech and gets the job done. However, if it costs more than $20 to make I'd be shocked.

You know I love Nintendo, snes, I'm one of like 7 people to buy a 3DS and I will be getting a WiiU. I just have zero expectations for it.
I just hope the fucking thing doesn't get stolen 2 months after I buy it like with my first Wii.
I'm still :snes as fuck about that.

Hell yes. Having the inventory screen on the controller for a Zelda game is gonna be tiiiiiits!

Here's what I don't get about the Wii U, and maybe it's been addressed, but one the one hand they say that the Tablet will have all these great new gameplay features, like being able to see maps, or radars, or inventory on the screen, so I imagine some games will be dependent on the tab for these features, but on the other hand they say another big feature of the system is being able to turn off the TV and playing the game directly on the tablet...but then what happens to the map/radar/inventory? What if the game is dependent on a second screen for it's gameplay? I'm starting to feel that because of this, and for power reasons, the "transfer the full game to the tablet and let your wife watch Dancing With the Stars!" feature will be shelved.

eznark

Banned
Here's what I don't get about the Wii U, and maybe it's been addressed, but one the one hand they say that the Tablet will have all these great new gameplay features, like being able to see maps, or radars, or inventory on the screen, so I imagine some games will be dependent on the tab for these features, but on the other hand they say another big feature of the system is being able to turn off the TV and playing the game directly on the tablet...but then what happens to the map/radar/inventory? What if the game is dependent on a second screen for it's gameplay? I'm starting to feel that because of this, and for power reasons, the "transfer the full game to the tablet and let your wife watch Dancing With the Stars!" feature will be shelved.

I'm guessing it will be a per game/implementation basis. Like remote play with the PSP/Vita. A tiny, tiny number of games work, most don't.

snesfreak

Banned
I'm sure some developers will just be lazy and not use that feature.
Just like they won't take advantage of the increase in power.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Katrina talk is coming back for the Saints now that the bounty is being talked about. Bress is gonna have to build the city once again.

snesfreak

Banned
Skyward Bored doesn't give me confidence in an HD Zelda.
:jnc
Really?
That's what people are calling it now?
So it's like a giant VMU or PSP? Are they getting rid of the "future of gaming" (motion control). Sorry, I've been gone.
Well no not exactly, it'll be compatible with the Wiimote.
The controller is basically a "standard" controller with a touch screen on it, the console "streams" video to it so you could have things like play selection in Madden on the controller instead of the TV.
Which would be good for local multiplayer.
You could also play games entirely on the controller, with the TV off or while someone else is watching some shitty reality show or whatever.
But you DO need the Wii U to be on, the controller can't function by itself.

We're really doing this guys?

The Wii U doesn't have to be exact in power to whatever Sony and MS bring out. Nintendo's mistake with the Wii wasn't underpowering it, it was leaving it an entire hardware generation behind to the point that ports and cross coding were too expensive and futile.

Wii U won't suffer from this. At worst other consoles will be able to do what it does better, as opposed to the Wii that couldn't do it period.

At the beginning of every generation everybody gets their panties in a bunch about hardware power as if it drives the market when it never has. If the Wii U fails, it will be because of its own merits and not how many degrees of tech it is above or below x console.

filler

Banned
Nice OP, Bucket breh!

Can someone please quickly explain what happened? No one will explain like its big secret. I browse the thread nearly everyday and I did not pick up on what was said that was sexist in there.

Thread was locked because some dude that I guess posts in nba thread(I don't remember seeing him post much), trolled devolutions birthday thread. Nothing goes on in the nba thread that doesn't go on in any of the other sports threads. So the logic behind it is completely stupid.

So it's like a giant VMU or PSP? Are they getting rid of the "future of gaming" (motion control). Sorry, I've been gone.

Wiimote works with the new console as well. Still no confirmation if it will be packed into the box though.

snesfreak

Banned
Haven't played it yet. Haven't even beaten Twilight Princess. But the IDEA of Zelda gets me jazzed.
It's a great game with some rather...odd...problems that people love to blow up as being the worst thing they've ever seen in the history of video games *cough* Amir0x *cough*.

Ah the Nintendo cycle. The never ending faith that next time they'll get it right, next time your hopes and dreams will be addressed. I remember when GAF was full of "oh man, the Revolution is going to revolutionize FPS! Oh man, can you imagine Pikmin! Oh man, the controller will make RTS viable for consoles! Oh man think of all the adventure games we'll get!" Never change, fellas. Never change.

----------

Anyway, Lions fans: does the apparent front office interest in LaMichael James suggest they think Best is finished? The Schwartz was even at Oregon's pro day. I doubt he'll last through the second round, nor would I use a second round pick on him; get your backs later. If he's there in the third round, however unlikely...eh, what are your thoughts.

eznark

Banned
Except the Wii has been a pretty rad console. Certainly enough excellent games to justify the idea that they "got it right."

Also, there were a lot of adventure games. Significantly more than any other console anyway.

Anyway, Lions fans: does the apparent front office interest in LaMichael James suggest they think Best is finished? The Schwartz was even at Oregon's pro day. I doubt he'll last through the second round, nor would I use a second round pick on him; get your backs later. If he's there in the third round, however unlikely...eh, what are your thoughts.

I was talking to a guy at work the other day who told me Detroit should draft Lamichael James. I told him he was a fucking idiot.

cdyhybrid

Ah the Nintendo cycle. The never ending faith that next time they'll get it right, next time your hopes and dreams will be addressed. I remember when GAF was full of "oh man, the Revolution is going to revolutionize FPS! Oh man, can you imagine Pikmin! Oh man, the controller will make RTS viable for consoles! Oh man think of all the adventure games we'll get!" Never change, fellas. Never change.

----------

Has Schwartz been purchasing scouting packages from Willie Lyles?

Except the Wii has been a pretty rad console. Certainly enough excellent games to justify the idea that they "got it right."

Also, there were a lot of adventure games. Significantly more than any other console anyway.

I'm a PC guy so I don't have a horse in this race. In terms of the software I'm not sure the Wii could be classified as "rad" or good but hey, that's just my opinion. For the most part not even Nintendo developers seemed interested in truly developing the controller's potential. What we got was a pointer, for the most part.

KaYotiX

Banned

The Wii was ok, I loved all the Nintendo greats as usuall (except skyward sword) I despise motion controls. I didn't care about a flick or shake for Mario Galaxy or DkCR but an entire 30+ hr game that requires motion plus turned me off of it. Wii-U has me skeptical ATM but we shal wait and see and I also got a 3DS at launch and I don't regret it one bit :)

As to not get way off topic, GO PACK!!! If the Bears even sniff the playoffs I'll be surprised :p (gotta hate on the bears!!) I also can't wait to see what Green Bay does in the draft. Damn having no NFL sucks so much.....NHL and MLB can only do so much

WedgeX

Banned

----------

Best still hasn't been cleared to play. He can workout but not play. That is a long ass time to be out due to concussion.

My prediction of a leshoure/smith back field will come true yet!

Top Bottom