• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza now has 4 million MAU, Forza Horizon 3 sold 2.5 million copies

article is mainly about the 6 year Forza Porsche partnership
”It's probably worth noting that just this last month, in March, we had four million active players in the Forza community," adds Greenawalt. ”That makes it one of the largest racing communities in the world. And it's a very diverse group, as you would know."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/22/what-made-the-forza-franchise-the-perfect-partner-for-porsche

previous sales update on the franchise:
Forza is the highest acclaimed, best-selling racing franchise of this generation*, with more than 11 million gamers having played Forza on Xbox One and over three million players racing in Forza every month

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/2016/06/07/an...ion-fords-return-le-mans/#u5ljOiKPPdFelH0i.99

Today, we're excited to share a major milestone – as of December 2016, the Forza franchise has exceeded $1 billion in retail sales.
This news caps an amazing year. As of December, more than 14 million unique players were involved in the Forza community on Xbox One and Windows 10, the award-winning Forza Horizon 3 sold through 2.5 million units

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/2017/02/13/fo...d-1-billion-retail-sales/#b85FvSj1FXCjodbK.99

to clarify, as a Mod edited the topic: the 4 million monthly active user figure is news from today. 2.5m unit sales for Horizon 3 is old news as of December and known since February

Zedark

That's a very respectable number, congrats to Microsoft! Haven't played a Forza game, but the reception of the titles is always good, so it would say it's deserved.

2.5 million units is still quite low for supposedly the most successful Forza game yet. But I guess they have a good attach rate on the DLC too which helps.

Be interesting to see if Forza 7 does better. I think not as Horizon is a far more accessible and 'fun' game for all types of gamers.

dugdug

Banned
That's awesome news. Outside of Forza 5, I can't think of any real missteps they've taken with the franchise or Horizon.

Unknown?

2.5 million units is still quite low for supposedly the most successful Forza game yet. But I guess they have a good attach rate on the DLC too which helps.

Be interesting to see if Forza 7 does better. I think not as Horizon is a far more accessible and 'fun' game for all types of gamers.
Uh that's just PR. Forza 3 was the most successful.

T.O.P

Banned
tumblr_inline_mpme5eEIHX1qz4rgp.gif

Goat racing game, well deserved

Now that they fixed the PC version (for the majority of people, including me, though there are some that still have problems) I can agree that the series is doing great on both fronts.

Hopefully FM7 will launch with great performance from day one.

I cant even comprehend how they will make Forza Horizon 4 better than 3.

Fix the structure of the game. It was exactly like 2, flaws and all. I hate the long, boring intros or forcing you to sit at a menu unable to do anything while a voice over tells you how to do basic navigation of the game. Also blocking co-op and multiplayer off until about 5 hours into the game is bullshit.

Lorcain

I'm lttp having just bought FH3 for PC with the Hotwheels expansion, but this game deserves all the financial and critical recognition it's getting. It's the best driving/racing game I've ever played. I would argue that it's one of the best games of this generation.

Loved the first 2 games. I'll get this as soon as I get my 4K tv at the end of the year (I'm counting with a 4K Scorpio patch of course)

Congrats to MS and Playground

Uh that's just PR. Forza 3 was the most successful.

Horizon 3 is highest one sales in Forza Horizon series i think.

I'm really curious to see how they can improve on the Horizon formula. I'd like to see it return to the structure the first one was but outside of that what else can they do but iterate? Different locale? It's still the same concept. That's what I like about the Hot Wheels expansion. They really took it to a different place and it works. I'm not sure how they could do a whole game like that but it seems to me that they're going to need to get creative with the game to avoid them all becoming "samey".

Have racing game sales been going down? That seems quite low for a Forza game as I thought they used to sell atleast around 4 million each.

Gestault

I think their weekend Forzathon events are doing a good job of giving something for people to jump in regularly around the same times, which actually matters for social games like this. The Forza 6 tournament update and rivals calendar has been excellent, especially around the Le Mans events recently. I don't have enough good things to say about Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6.

Forza Motorsport 3 - 1 million first month
Forza Horizon 3 - 2.5 million first three months

Forza 3 was the highest selling at about 5.5 million while Forza 5 was about 2.5 million and Forza 6 was under 2 million so the trend seems to be going down. While the Horizon games seem to be around the 2-2.5 million mark.

Top Bottom