• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV May 24 update adds survey to title screen regarding future updates

Gematsu link.

Square Enix has announced the contents of a new Final Fantasy XV update set to launch on May 24.

The update will contain the following changes:

As per the results of a survey in Taiwan, “Stinky Tofu with a Mellow Flavor” has been added to Ignis’ cuisine.
The winning photograph in the 2nd Snapshot Contest is displayed at the restaurant in Hammerhead.
A survey regarding future updates has been added to the title screen. (This survey will end in late June.)
Fixed a bug that would forcibly close the game when on the Timed Quest rankings screen.
Fixed various bugs.

Square Enix will also hold a web survey regarding free updates, downloadable content, and how they deliver information from May 24 at 16:00 JST to June 7 at 16:00 JST via the game’s official website.

On May 30, a “Jumper Style” outfit for Noctis will also be released on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace.

Couldn't find a thread when I searched.

CEJames

"For future updates, what would you guys like to see?"

....For you to move on from FFXV and concentrate on FFXVI.

ryushe

When will they patch in the story

Does it have a story yet?
05d.jpg

bigol

This is completely useless imo.

I hope one of the options is "Stop trying to polish a turd and just move on."

Don't think it's a turd, but yeah, move on.

Well, the only feedback i would give them is: add DLCs to the main story, not just as a separate menu.

Ydelnae

Will gladly participate in that survey, but I don't think they should be asking right now what the should do in the future with the game. Any result from this survey will probably come next year when work on DLC has finished and the team has analyzed opinions from the players.

Sciel

I think its somewhat admirable that they are updating/patching the game months after launch,

At the same time, its also bewildering why they are even bothering to do this. The game has problems that go far deeper than being able to be fixed via a few patches. I guess a possible reason is that the constant stream of updates is to try to keep player's attention till all the DLC stories are out?.

Lelou

Yes.

I still don't get why the sales were so high.

I think its somewhat admirable that they are updating/patching the game months after launch,

At the same time, its also bewildering why they are even bothering to do this. The game has problems that go far deeper than being able to be fixed via a few patches. I guess a possible reason is that the constant stream of updates is to try to keep player's attention till all the DLC stories are out?.

Just they don't want to ruin (more than they did already) the image of the "final fantasy" brand.
But i really think that's a lost war already

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
A survey on the title screen....

This reads like a parody of their over the top crowd sourcing efforts.

Now that I reflect on the game, I can't believe this was one of the more "community feedback" games ever made. It doesn't show in the quality of the product. It's just a mess.

Ydelnae

A game being constantly updated prevents players from selling their copies, which results in less pre-owned FFXV copies being sold and more revenue per retail sale for the publisher.

Jonnax

I wonder how many people will jump into their multiplayer mode when it comes out.

I imagine a lot of microtransactions in it that may give them a good chunk of revenue.

I'll look forward to FFXVI at the end of the PS5's console lifespan.

Yes.

I still don't get why the sales were so high.

Because it's Final Fantasy XV?
There was a lot of hype.
Also whilst the story was terribly told and was fundamentally silly, it's generally enjoyable to play.

Lelou

I wonder how many people will jump into their multiplayer mode when it comes out.

I imagine a lot of microtransactions in it that may give them a good chunk of revenue.

I'll look forward to FFXVI at the end of the PS5's console lifespan.

Because it's Final Fantasy XV?
There was a lot of hype.
Also whilst the story was terribly told and was fundamentally silly, it's generally enjoyable to play.

Yeah even mass effect andromeda came from a big hyped brand but it did poorly in the end.
And even MeA was enjoyable to play outside of the bad managed dialogue and facial expression "thing"

Damn, ya'll grilling like you're Ignis!

It's great that this game has gotten so much post launch support, yet it's met with so much negativity. :(

Orcastar

Damn, ya'll grilling like you're Ignis!

It's great that this game has gotten so much post launch support, yet it's met with so much negativity. :(
I'd rather get a good game with little or no post launch support (see Persona 5) than a bad game with lots of post launch support.

Dunkley

With the Aranea permanent party member glitch patched, I wish they'd give people the option to have guest members in your party post-credits without any arcane rituals necessary.

As someone who likes xv, pls stop this and distribute the resources towards kh3 and ff7.
They sound like they have 2urs worth of dlc planned at the very least

This is completely useless imo.

Don't think it's a turd, but yeah, move on.

Well, the only feedback i would give them is: add DLCs to the main story, not just as a separate menu.
How many people do you think it takes to work on patches exactly? Do you know how many people it takes to make a full game, in comparison ? The people working on these fixes would otherwise be idle hands since FFXVI is no where near a state that would require their portion of the pipeline. They could keep working on patches/DLC for another two years and it wouldn't impact their future games at all.

I'd rather get a good game with little or no post launch support (see Persona 5) than a bad game with lots of post launch support.
It's not a bad game though?

Is frame pacing still an issue in HQ mode on Pro? The game was unplayable for me so I stopped after 25 minutes to wait for a patch...

Ferr986

With the Aranea permanent party member glitch patched, I wish they'd give people the option to have guest members in your party post-credits without any arcane rituals necessary.

It's so weird this didn't happen yet, it feels like a no brainer to add guests character, even if it has some kind of quest or requirements.

Also , would love to make them playable, but that's probably with the MMO expac.

I can't believe this game isn't finished yet. So glad I haven't picked it up.

It is finished. This is simply new content.

Is frame pacing still an issue in HQ mode on Pro? The game was unplayable for me so I stopped after 25 minutes to wait for a patch...

Yes, you should play in Lite mode.

A small portion of the FFXV dev team is working on these updates while the rest will work on DLCs.

I don't understand why people find it hard to figure out that FFXV dev team.is different from FFXVI.

Yohane

I'm conflicted about this whole FFXV patching situation.

I like how they keep on working to make a better version of their already shipped product, but I also wish they just give up and work on something else.

KillLaCam

Banned
How does a ff game not have a story. Like nothing happened until the last 5th of the game.

The co-op dlc or whatever it is should be cool though. If I can convince someone else to buy it

I'd actually come back to the game if I could play as old Noctis. He was actually cool

Sciel

A small portion of the FFXV dev team is working on these updates while the rest will work on DLCs.

I don't understand why people find it hard to figure out that FFXV dev team.is different from FFXVI.
I think most people understand that, they just want them to move on from the game.
Whatever few people / resources that are still being used to polish this turd could be better reallocated to their other projects?

aravuus

That is so weird. I already own the game, but I guess I'll wait until they've patched the shit out of it before playing.

Koozek

As someone who likes xv, pls stop this and distribute the resources towards kh3 and ff7.
They sound like they have 2urs worth of dlc planned at the very least
They are already working on a new IP alongside the FFXV updates and DLC. They don't need the full team for pre-production of the new game. FFXVI is done by another team at SE (possibly BD5, the FFXIV team).

Niiice, this costume will be available for anyone now:

DAevvuEXUAA4vqJ.jpg

Always wanted that one. Will be my first cosmetic DLC ever :D

True Fire

"Drop the game and move on" isn't constructive advice and I hope none of you answer the survey.

They have 300 devs with nowhere else to put them. They might as well add as much as they can for the people who like the game.

They also need to port Luminous to commercial PC and work on modding tools. That all takes time.

They are already working on a new IP alongside the FFXV updates and DLC. They don't need the full team for pre-production of the new game. FFXVI is done by another team at SE (possibly BD5, the FFXIV team).

Niiice, this costume will be available for anyone now:

DAevvuEXUAA4vqJ.jpg

Always wanted that one. Will be my first cosmetic DLC ever :D
lmao, you won't have to buy that $460 jacket anymore

I think most people understand that, they just want them to move on from the game.
Whatever few people / resources that are still being used to polish this turd could be better reallocated to their other projects?
Maybe they are doing this because they are commited to the project? For you, it might be a turd but it was enjoyed and played by many and even on GAF, where the game gets a lot of hate for some reason, it was number 6 in GOTY list so yeh.. Updating the game and releasing new content ensures steady legs.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
When the fuck am I gonna be able to play this game? I've had it sitting in my library waiting for all the patches to be done and this is getting ludicrous.

God the turn around from "a mostly good game with a poorly told story" to "obviously the worst thing ever" sure didn't take long for a lot of gaffers.

Also to those saying "why bother"... It couldn't have to do with the fact that they've still got at least 3 pieces of DLC they still have to deliver for people who bought the season pass could it? :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I can't believe this game isn't finished yet. So glad I haven't picked it up.

Bought the game at launch. Maybe it's time to actually open it...

I still haven't started this game, and every day I delay doing so seems to be a good idea

That is so weird. I already own the game, but I guess I'll wait until they've patched the shit out of it before playing.

When the fuck am I gonna be able to play this game? I've had it sitting in my library waiting for all the patches to be done and this is getting ludicrous.

I honestly think you guys are waiting for nothing. The idea that "it's going to be a complete and perfect game eventually!" is just marketing hope that I don't see coming together at this point.

It's going to be the same flawed game with a few DLC-ish additions patched into it. You can play it now or you can play it later with some extra junk sprinkled on top. There will be no perfect XV worth waiting for.

Top Bottom