• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOUSE M.D. Season 8 |OT| of The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
cEerw.jpg

Season 8 Premieres Oct. 3rd, 9/8c on FOX

MAIN CAST
Hugh Laurie, Dr. Gregory House (Season 1-)
Omar Epps, Dr. Eric Foreman (Season 1-)
Robert Sean Leonard, Dr. James Wilson (Season 1-)
Jesse Spencer, Dr. Robert Chase (Season 1-)
Peter Jacobson, Dr. Chris Taub (Season 4-)
Odette Annable, Dr. Jessica Adams (Season :cool:
Charylene Yi, Dr. Chi Park (Season :cool:

As has already been widely reported,
Lisa Edelstein will not be returning to play the dean of medicine, and Olivia Wilde will only have a minor role this season before she too exits.
Jaleel White (aka Steve Urkel) will star in the season premiere.

SEASON 7 RECAP
Season 7 saw the life and death of the House/Cuddy relationship, resulting in House making an out-of-character irrational move by running his car into Cuddy's kitchen. He starts Season 8 after a year-long timeskip paying for his actions...

CAST SHAKE-UPS
While losing two of the stars, the House team has added two new actors to the docket including Odette Annable as Dr. Adams (who is said to be similar to House in many ways). Additionally, Charylene Yi will be playing Dr. Park (who has been said to be shy, reserved, and an absolute genius). The plot of Season 8 is said to focus heavily on the two new doctor's perspectives of House -- ala the original team in Season 1.

SEASON PREMIERE (not spoiler-y, but just in case)
Twenty Vicodin said:
A year has passed since House crashed his car into Cuddy's home, and we find House spending time behind bars at the East New Jersey Correctional Facility under the close watch of the prison warden. When an antagonistic prison gang leader makes a serious threat, House solicits the help of a fellow inmate, but when another inmate's unusual medical symptoms spark his curiosity, House must come up with creative ways to treat the patient while navigating prison rules. House meets Dr. Jessica Adams, a young, intelligent and bright-eyed clinic doctor, but when they are faced with a controversial opportunity to diagnose the patient's life-threatening illness, Adams is confronted with a choice to trust House and put her career on the line or play by the book.
Preview

Sorry for the quick and dirty OP, but a thread was sorely needed. ARE YOU READY?

Aguirre

interesting. seems it's going back to its roots, though with cuddy gone, it does leave a gaping hole. from season 1, i always looked forward to a cuddy scene. but if there is more house x wilson romance scenes, im sold.

Wait, who the fuck is the other cast member missing?
13? Because... I don't remember anything on the season finale that pointed that she was going to leave or something.

Leona Lewis said:
While losing two of the stars, the House team has added two new actors to the docket including Odette Annable as Dr. Adams (who is said to be similar to House in many ways). Additionally, Charylene Yi will be playing Dr. Park (who has been said to be shy, reserved, and an absolute genius).

I feel like that's already been done with Number 13 and Masters. :\

ajf009

I never liked cuddy, I'm okay with her leaving. this is like a mini reboot, which was sorely needed. hopefully it means at least another season or two

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
iKeepPlaying said:
Wait, who the fuck is the other cast member missing?
13? Because... I don't remember anything on the season finale that pointed that she was going to leave or something.

Olivia Wilde wants to do movies, not TV.

I am reaaaaaaaaaaadyyyyyyy. Hyped for Odette. I believe Wilde's last episode is the 3rd one or something isn't it? But yeah she is in her way out for sureeee.

Fry

spindashing said:
Odette Annable? Yes, please.

She was better as Oddete Yustman :(

Looking forward to the episode, I think it will be good, but as of recent seasons, the beginning will be decent and then later we will have a mixture of good and bad episodes. Probably

Not too hopeful, I'm a big fan and as one I acknowledge that the show should have ended already. The first seasons have much more quality all around.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
-Pyromaniac- said:
I believe Wilde's last episode is the 3rd one or something isn't it? But yeah she is in her way out for sureeee.

Spoiler regarding Olivia Wilde's scheduling on House.
Her final episode is the 17th. That makes it three episodes this season.

I only got into House a couple of months ago and have watched up to season 6 and was going to try and watch season 7 before 8 starts, which I don't think will happen now.

Dany

Banned
Oh wow...oh wow. I have not been following the show at all off season. Weird not seeing Cuddy on the poster

HUDDY 4 LIFE!!!

Spiffy_1st said:
I only got into House a couple of months ago and have watched up to season 6 and was going to try and watch season 7 before 8 starts, which I don't think will happen now.
honestly, just watch the first episode, then skip to Bombshells, then skip to Moving On, which is the season finale. Actually you might not even need to watch the first episode. IMO that's the only essential viewing in the season. IMO the "Huddy" relationship basically stagnated the whole season, nothing really happened because of it, but then when it ended things picked up to going back the way most of us likes it.

Spiffy_1st said:
You can skip it. Read on for spoilers...

House/Cuddy begin a relationship, relationship ends, House rams her house with his car. Fast-forward a year and here we are with Season 8.

Minor storylines include Taub forgetting all about sex education and impregnating every woman that moves, 13's mysterious disappearance being explained away by her stint in prison for euthanizing her brother, and um...what happened with Foreman and Chase? lol

Leona Lewis said:
You can skip it. Read on for spoilers...

House/Cuddy begin a relationship, relationship ends, House rams her house with his car. Fast-forward a year and here we are with Season 8.

Minor storylines include Taub forgetting all about sex education and impregnating every woman that moves, 13's mysterious disappearance being explained away by her stint in prison for euthanizing her brother, and um...what happened with Foreman and Chase? lol
you missed
House being back on Vicodin

Not sure why we're spoiler tagging :p

Fry

I'm going to miss Cuddy. Her interactions with House pre-relationship were the best thing of the show after House-Wilson.

-Pyromaniac- said:
you missed
House being back on Vicodin

Not sure why we're spoiler tagging :p
Just in case he changes his mind and decides to marathon through the entire season in one day :p

Also,
Wilson breaks up with his fiancee
. This little exercise has made me realized just how little actually happened last season, heh

It's always sad when a main character leaves a show, but I'm not gonna miss her much. At first their dynamic was great, but then it just became a crutch for the show until it eventually became the reason nothing moved forward much. This is a show that is extending its life longer than it should, so if anything can take us back to earlier days it's the injection of new blood/new dynamics. Still want Cameron to come back though, I shall remain forever bitter about that.

Fry

-Pyromaniac- said:
Still want Cameron to come back though, I shall remain forever bitter about that.

I forgot about her. Should have never left to be honest, and should have never gone blonde too.

RatskyWatsky said:
Olivia Wilde wants to do movies, not TV.
Oh, but she is going to appear this season. I just wanted to be sure of that. Because I want to see how they're going to deal with her health issues.

I remain bitter because they wrote her out for no reason. The show benefited in no way whatsoever by getting rid of her, it served no purpose at all. I understand when you can't think of any ideas for a character, doesn't mean you write them off, it means you find something new for them, or even go back to something old that worked.

But no, her they write off while people like Chase and Foreman (whom I like both) linger with no real stories, lol. Just annoyed me.

I bet she leaves to "enjoy life before I die". I don't think they'll speed up her health deterioration.

Also leaves the opportunity for a come back in the future possibly when she is worse, for House to finish her off, like he promised he would.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
-Pyromaniac- said:
I bet she leaves to "enjoy life before I die". I don't think they'll speed up her health deterioration.

Also leaves the opportunity for a come back in the future possibly when she is worse, for House to finish her off, like he promised he would.

Yeah, that's probably exactly what happens. They'll leave it open ended. If they do leave it open ended though, I hope Olivia will agree to come back when they need her again. Even if it's just for only one episode.

B.K.

I hope that if Fox decides to cancel the show this season, they give the writers enough time to write a real finale. I don't want another cliffhanger finale that will never be resolved, liked with 24.

Yeah I also hope that when they do decide to end the show, they give David Shore enough notice. Would love to see a build-up to a nice House-ian ending.

NaM said:
What's the exact reason
Lisa Edelstein is not coming back?

She was sufficiently insulted by their contract offer (I think everyone who signed this season might have taken a paycut?) and decided to go join The Good Wife instead.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Crazymoogle said:
She was sufficiently insulted by their contract offer (I think everyone who signed this season might have taken a paycut?) and decided to go join The Good Wife instead.
So the producers offered her less money knowing she wouldn't accept, basicaly they were firing her. Am I right?

bluehat9

Whatever happened to
House's green card marriage wife? She just kind of faded away after a couple episodes, right?

Shadow780

bluehat9 said:
Whatever happened to
House's green card marriage wife? She just kind of faded away after a couple episodes, right?

She just wanted citizenship and signed pre-nup with House, I imagined they divorced short afterwards.

Yeah, excited for the season, but I don't think I'll be caught up in time. Only on season 4 right now. I should just stop sleeping until I'm caught up.

NaM said:
So the producers offered her less money knowing she wouldn't accept, basicaly they were firing her. Am I right?

Nah, several regulars took the paycut, like RSL. They were desperate to reduce the per-episode cost of the show as Fox and NBC are bickering over funding it. (Also, Laurie is the highest paid drama actor on TV still, I think.) For some of the actors it was fine; a stable job for another year, still good money on a high profile show, low stress. But I guess not for
her

Wads

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
So... this is last season or ?

Most likely. Last season Hugh Laurie is under contract and judging by his budding music career it seems like he wants to do other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom