• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 in-store advertising begins in Europe

2518812_o.gif

jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Ploid 3.0

Incase people missed it.

UK newspapaer ad:

LLEU4g4.jpg

Tweet from today:

twitterplaystationeuhulueh.png

Yep, these players becoming legends is probably about the streaming, like Kripparian is now followed by thousands for his live stream of his team killing Diablo on hardcore inferno. I really hope PS4 is able to stream on whatever site you choose (youtube, Twitch, etc.).

Ploid 3.0

Did you know the amount of cubes there represented the amount of games you played, and their size represented for how long you played them?

I didn't know that, and that's awesome.

Example of someone with few games:

Ps2+startup.png

I remember people speculating on what the cubes meant. People did a lot of weird stuff to their memory card to figure out why it effected the squares and what having games on the card changed about them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If sony is smart enough will use the claim for the ps4 to advertise vita making ads with both the consoles and some claim like "the real next generation of gaming" or something similar.

Loomba

Sony is doing everything well so far, hope they keep it up. I'm sure they will say something at E3 that I don't like though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm like the one person every who didn't really like the PS2 box, apparently.

shink

That is one ugly ass stand.

Also, seems like they are using the Nintendo strategy. Show the controller, so people think the PS4 is just a new controller for your PS3.

Smart.

People can't be THAT thick can they? I also don't think the PS3 was plagued with add ons and peripherals unlike the Wii so there is that too.

Codeblew

Isn't this really early to start promoting it for a Nov/Dec release?

When was the PS3 EU delay announced and were there any promo stuff in stores beforehand?

Who says it is NOV/DEC? I am thinking more like AUG/SEP.

It is kind of obvious that Sony is way ahead of MS as far as release day goes.

I'd say OCT/NOV might be more likely since it'd be more in line with the launch dates of those multi-gen titles that have been confirmed to be PS4 like AC4, Watch Dogs, BF4, etc...

commedieu

Banned
You mean the opposite...

Right? Everyone is forgetting how sony hurt them in the past. All the promises... then the delays.. then hiding from neogaf till it blows over.

I think that is the only thing that can happen now, Sony does have a good habit of shooting themselves in the foot. I hope not, but being a early PS3 owner was tough.

Yeah, if they are putting up advertisments already saying "coming soon" I´d say september is more liekely than november/december.

If I recall correctly the first Playstation came out in september in Europe.

Steroyd

Please please PLEASE mean the console can come out this year in the UK.

So the deals and bundles come earlier than anticipated.

PS4 and Xbox One both stick a bit too closely to the defined visual style of the previous consoles for me. If you changed "4" for "3" you wouldn't think this is out of place for current gen. Not really a problem, just kinda...dull.

THE:MILKMAN

Just my guess. I would love it to come out earlier of course, but won't get my hopes up for that. This year will suffice.

Slightly off topic, apologies. I've just pre-ordered a PS4 system from ShopTo, paying the £1 deposit. I figured it would be get in the queue early, just in case I do decide to pick one up. It doesn't seem to appear in my orders / pre-orders list though. Is this normal?

Azull

I want to cry when I see the ps2 box. Its still in my closet. Golden age of gaming. Unrivaled diversity, successful games at every budget tier, cash rich studios taking risk upon risk...Capcom at its best, Konami at its best, incredible square Enix games...

What have we done :(

cryinghug.gif

You know what all this blue is making me hope for. This sexy ass box to make its return with the PS4.

XVoMaOL.jpg

God this box. The new PS4 logo is reminiscent of the ps2 logo, minus a variation in font. All the blue has me hopeful we may see a new take on this amazing fucking box. People. This is a fucking box that deserves a museum exhibit.

I really hope they still have one or two killer app launch games. As great as the system looks, there's nothing there to lure me in, and it is a bit worrying that they have started advertising using the several games we have already seen rather than waiting a couple weeks when they have the opportunity to unveil more big guns at E3.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Slightly off topic, apologies. I've just pre-ordered a PS4 system from ShopTo, paying the £1 deposit. I figured it would be get in the queue early, just in case I do decide to pick one up. It doesn't seem to appear in my orders / pre-orders list though. Is this normal?

The £1 is usually just to authenticate the card. After that the £1 is then refunded. The PS4 should still be in your pre-order section.

I pre-ordered from there back in Feb and it is still in my list.

Platform: PS4
Release: Release: TBC
Ordered: Feb 22, 2013

They sent an email the other day saying that they have removed the pricing on all PS4 pre orders (it was at £399) until Sony officially announces a price, but it will not affect people's place in the queue.

I really hope they still have one or two killer app launch games. As great as the system looks, there's nothing there to lure me in, and it is a bit worrying that they have started advertising using the several games we have already seen rather than waiting a couple weeks when they have the opportunity to unveil more big guns at E3.

There are plenty of developers & publishers that are holding their cards close to their chest in order to showcase things at E3. In addition to the games shown so far that have been confirmed for the PS4's launch, I'd expect to see another 4 or 5 games (hoping for more though) spread out over a number of genres.

BraXzy

Just have an ad with footage from the beastly looking games and have PS4 preorder now at the end and people will snap it up.

Cmon Sony make a cool ad!

Just have an ad with footage from the beastly looking games and have PS4 preorder now at the end and people will snap it up.

Cmon Sony make a cool ad!

I like their bizarre-o, creepy commercials personally... but I agree that they could land another significant marketing blow with a nice TV ad soon. If one were to pop up at all before their press conference on 6/10, I'd imagine we'll be seeing it tomorrow during the CL Final.

Top Bottom