• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranvier

jKEeD.png

Yuri...

just...

fu

dam

fgdfjsdhflsuhfjhsdjklfhsdljfhsdjkfjklsdfuidhfjklsdfjklsdhfjklsdhsdfjksdjkfsdkfsdjklfsdf

Kyon

Banned
LOL forgot how new most of you are to Kpop. When CSJH was around they were annihilating basic hoes left and right. Their singing is one of the best in the Kpop industry. But most of you only listen to Soshi so I can see how you can be so delusional ;p

Salazar

LOL forgot how new most of you are to Kpop. When CSJH was around they were annihilating basic hoes left and right. Their singing is one of the best in the Kpop industry. But most of you only listen to Soshi so I can see how you can be so delusional ;p

eUvNs.gif

vanty

I find the fact that one of the biggest posters in this thread doesn't know who BoA is far more disturbing.

ramyeon

Yeah as much as I love CSJH and I was around for their debut and everything, this is a total exaggeration :/
vanty said:
I find the fact that one of the biggest posters in this thread doesn't know who BoA is far more disturbing.
Pretty much this lol.

Kyon

Banned
You're kidding me right? I followed Dana and Sunday since their solo debuts and Lina since her days in Isak n Jiyeon even. No need to be condescending ;)
If you were a fan then you wouldn't deny their talent. So it's kinda hard for me to believe you but whatever

ramyeon

If you were a fan then you wouldn't deny their talent. So it's kinda hard for me to believe you but whatever
ibtL6aHfWyVKg5.gif

Smh. No one denied their talent, I said you were exaggerating their achievements. SM never used them to their full potential.

And 'believe you'? What? Hahahaha.

ramyeon

I never said anything about achievements tho......
"When CSJH was around they were annihilating basic hoes left and right."

Yes you did. But whatever man, we're all fans here. Don't need to assert seniority or anything, that's silly. Let's play nice in here.

Go check my posts from the old thread when CSJH made their comeback - I was trying to promote them all could.

jHgz0Gcxc6P37.png

Peru

oh and FAIL @ SlaveMedia Entertainment to NOT putting anything from CSJH who are 100000% more talented than Soshi and are pretty much the female DBSK. SMH what an embarrassment

They are on there? Dana&Sunday's got a track.

LOLOLLOLOLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL Weekly Gaon Chart, history in the making:

GAON chart for week of 11/27/2011 - 12/03/2011

1. "You & I" - 1,129,761 downloads
2. "Secret" - 692,588
3. "Sleeping Prince" - 570,868
4. "Uncle" - 547,429
5. "Child Searching for a Star" - 509,911
6. "Wallpaper Design" - 494,249
7. "Wisdom Tooth" - 479,014
8. "Teacher" - 462,784
9. "Everything's Alright" - 448,162
10. "Last Fantasy" - 447,187
11. "4AM" - 414,139
12. "A Stray Puppy" - 389,310

13. "Cry Cry" (T-ara) - 379,219
14. "L'Amant" - 366,411
15. "Troublemaker" (JS & Hyuna) - 362,744

Track 1-12 all IU. This chart's never been manhandled like this before, not even close.

Ranvier

What the hell does CSJH stand for. And instead of hating on the rest of us people for supposedly not knowing the greatest group ever why don't you post some of their best songs or something.

Future note: When you want to educate people on other groups that you like, its best to simply post some of their songs and let them decide. Demeaning them only makes people not want to listen to this mysterious CSJH.

yuri.jpg

Is this shopped?
tumblr_lvrw0hInoV1r4q409o1_500.jpg

My Reaction

tumblr_lvr79mCf291qlb023o1_500.gif

ramyeon

What the hell does CSJH stand for. And instead of hating on the rest of us people for supposedly not knowing the greatest group ever why don't you post some of their best songs or something.

Future note: When you want to educate people on other groups that you like, its best to simply post some of their songs and let them decide. Demeaning them only makes people not want to listen to this mysterious CSJH.

yuri.jpg
It stands for Cheon Sang Ji Hee. And they were basically designed as the female DBSK. They did more in Japan than Korea but they had a few really good songs and a solid album in Korea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBylxf0SuCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GC0xkWKsKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0q4tnsdK6E

and their comeback as 2 members this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ng2PFi7v-k

Kyon

Banned
"When CSJH was around they were annihilating basic hoes left and right."

Yes you did. But whatever man, we're all fans here. Don't need to assert seniority or anything, that's silly. Let's play nice in here.

Go check my posts from the old thread when CSJH made their comeback - I was trying to promote them all could.

jHgz0Gcxc6P37.png
I was talking about their talent lmao Achievement is like how many awards they got or what records they broke

EDIT: I'm on mobile I can't post videos atm

Ranvier

Yeah, crazy smudging going on around her cleavage there.

Damn, I knew it was too good to be true.

I had some hope because she seems to have gained a healthy amount of weight lately.

tumblr_lmm9m1D21o1qbr5ymo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lvqgrvkC541qguxd5o4_500.jpg
tumblr_lvq32en6s11qfgyw2

tumblr_lvq2icLlKO1qfgyw2o1_400.jpg
tumblr_lvmzkgibMi1qbte9mo1_500.jpg

Judging mainly from the arms. Glad JYP isn't like Gestapo SM when it comes to their girls gaining weight.

Ronok

LOLOLLOLOLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL Weekly Gaon Chart, history in the making:

GAON chart for week of 11/27/2011 - 12/03/2011

1. "You & I" - 1,129,761 downloads
2. "Secret" - 692,588
3. "Sleeping Prince" - 570,868
4. "Uncle" - 547,429
5. "Child Searching for a Star" - 509,911
6. "Wallpaper Design" - 494,249
7. "Wisdom Tooth" - 479,014
8. "Teacher" - 462,784
9. "Everything's Alright" - 448,162
10. "Last Fantasy" - 447,187
11. "4AM" - 414,139
12. "A Stray Puppy" - 389,310

13. "Cry Cry" (T-ara) - 379,219
14. "L'Amant" - 366,411
15. "Troublemaker" (JS & Hyuna) - 362,744

Track 1-12 all IU. This chart's never been manhandled like this before, not even close.

Damn! o.o It's really good to see she's being rewarded for actually making a full length album. :)

Ranvier

Gyuri's not with JYP though :p They're with DSP Media.

Close enough, anyone besides SM, the leaders of the Kpop Industrial Complex. SM is like the Third Reich of Kpop. Which brings me to another point.

I just listened to that interview Sica and Fany (and the rest too I guess even though they didn't talk) did in New York. That guy was pretty good and asked decent questions. Fany and Sica are of course are pros at answering as well but did you guys notice the awkwardness they had when he asked if "this was a cult". Almost like he hit a little too close to home.

Also, it seemed like Fany and Sica's story about how they were "discovered" was paper thin and full of plot holes. Take Fany's parents for example. What Asian parents do you know who would let their 15 year old daughter STOP HER STUDIES and go all the way to Korea where she knows no one. That makes no sense. She claims she cried and convinced them. Yeah right.

Sica's story is just as unbelievable. She said she was just walking around a Mall in Korea and some guy came up to her and that she didn't even know she could sing before that moment. That makes no sense. From everything I've read, these Idol tryouts are cutthroat and intense. You don't just get picked up off the street. And she even said she cried at the audition.

Something sinister is afoot in SM Town my friends. We, need to get to the bottom of it.

My current working theories.

All 9 girls were genetic experiments made by North Korea in an attempt to bring the world to their knees by distracting them with Yuri and the rest. But, before the genetically modified embryos could be implanted into surrogate mothers, the laboratory was raided by the South Koreans and they eggs were taken.

Danceyuri.gif
[/IMG]

SM stole the 9 girls from birth and have been training them to one-day take over the world. They were taken from an adoption Agency who was also genetically modifying embryos. Their first one was Yoona and thus she's funny looking and a little slow. They perfected the technique with Yuri and Hyo.

49.jpg
tumblr_lmj36ngKs71qjxzx1o1_500.jpg
2ius6mqjpg.gif

snsd41.jpg
tumblr_liwfriC0pR1qh8dh2o1_500.jpg

SM found these girls in various locations around the world and subsequently had all of their parents killed. Once alone, they were taken into custody of the company and are now completely owned by them. All the stories the girls tell about their families and stuff have just been implanted into them through a Clockwork Orange type apparatus.

khyoyoen2.gif
tumblr_lblr5mzWOn1qdv9pu.gif
tumblr_lc9ghqm2WU1qct20j.gif
tumblr_le6eg8ziw11qct20j.gif
tumblr_le7if2msbC1qct20j.gif

Tiffany_by_dalpaengee.gif
tumblr_lel5fvwWyA1qct20j.gif
tumblr_liqxgsuXvT1qgfip8.gif
tumblr_lir5l6YZdJ1qbjf2n.gif
2ujjgr6.gif

Salazar

but did you guys notice the awkwardness they had when he asked if "this was a cult". Almost like he hit a little too close to home.

Naw. The group have been sensitive about that recently. Taengoo bit back at a reporter who called Soshi's fans otaku or something - like, emphasising the hikikomori shut-in creeper side of it, which doesn't seem to fly so well in Korea. Not that it really does in Japan, but even less so. I don't think that it hit close to home; I think they just find it rude.

And the audition stories are legit. You are crazed.

Peru

Auditions aren't cutthroat - people get picked up for lots of reasons - BoA while following her brother to auditions. The crazy starts when you're actually hired as trainee.

Ranvier

otaku hikikomori .

Please translate those words. I don't know any Korean....well except for

Sarangae which means love.

Ibsure which I think means lips

Banannana which means banana

Yogi which means over here or over there.

and Chok which means moist.

Hmm, I think I currently know all that I need to know in order to seduce Yuri when the time comes.

tumblr_lkclw4SlEZ1qhen9yo1_400.jpg

Salazar

Please translate those words.

Japanese. Overlapping senses. Otaku are obsessive fans of some or other form of popular media, conventionally manga. Hikikomori are intensely reclusive folks, devoid of social skills or momentum. We have legit Japanese speakers in this thread who can do better than I can. Basically, some guy used a word that fused "Sones" and "otaku", and Taeyeon told him nope. Don't do that.

mVRCK.gif
P6W4G.gif

abmMG.gif
JoLQk.gif

Xq0qN.gif
QRzVf.gif

ramyeon

Please translate those words. I don't know any Korean....well except for
They're Japanese, but Korean people use them as well actually. Otaku is a fanatic of something... but really hardcore into it. Hikkokomori is a shut-in, basically.

And being scouted on the street does happen. But those are all exceptions not the common rule. Most people just get into training academies within the companies and go through there, but not everyone gets a shot at debuting.

One of my friends is a trainee at a Korean record label and she's yet to debut despite being super talented, they look for very specific images to fit the groups they're making.

Peru

Yeah, on K-pop Star a girl who had trained with SM for years had been dropped and to top it off wasn't sent through on the show either.

Sica's story is just as unbelievable. She said she was just walking around a Mall in Korea and some guy came up to her and that she didn't even know she could sing before that moment. That makes no sense. From everything I've read, these Idol tryouts are cutthroat and intense. You don't just get picked up off the street. And she even said she cried at the audition.

From reading Krystals wiki, I was under the impression that she was in fact the one that was scouted, but since her parents felt she was too young they let Jessica join instead. Doesn't seem like there's a source though.

ramyeon

Okay so I just saw the track list for the SM Town winter album... There's no group song with all of the SM family!? What the hell. Consider me de-hyped. That was always the highlight of their summer and winter albums.

Salazar

Okay so I just saw the track list for the SM Town winter album... There's no group song with all of the SM family!? What the hell. Consider me de-hyped. That was always the highlight of their summer and winter albums.

Trying to keep Super Junior down. Only explanation.

Suzy.

T8uuQ.jpg

Deadly

How do the fans always know when they get there and all? If SM is announcing it, they're kinda asking for it =/ But if it's the stalking type "I found out through friend/internet detective" must suck for them for it to happen almost all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom