• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Anteater

Try deleting your local game data? Sounds like something is very wrong.

I'll try delete my installation data and the system data, but yea it seems to be freezing at the same spot now, never had that problem before.

Edit: Deleted my installation and the non save data files, doesn't freeze at the water now in the first cave! Thanks!

I have an issue with Thieves Guild quest line. I've fully completed all the quests and the only thing left for me to do before becoming the master is to bring my thief's armor to that guild member so she can enchant it or do whatever she's supposed to do. The issue is that I don't have it anymore and I can't remember if I have sold it or what did I do with it. Is there anything that I can do to finish the quest line?

Lakitu

st5fu
So is it common to fight dragons in the major cities? I kind of thought they were safe from them until I just fought one in Solitude and it killed a couple of NPCs. I can only remember one in Whiterun but that was more story-orientated. Annoying.

I spent half a day just selling all my unwanted loot, I went to Solitude to see if I could finish a glitched quest, instead I got a damn dragon looking to kill everyone. I hate being the Dragonborn.

Chris R

Are there any preferred methods to quickly level up some skills? Want to level up but seeing as I'm basically max when it comes to archery/stealth/ect I need to get working on the other skills.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm about to start Skyrim on Xbox, should i get any DLC?
BTW, the Dragonborn thread is kind of Skyrim main thread now.

Play the game a bit, determine whether you like it.
If you do, what do you like in it?

Hearthfires is pointless if you do not care about houses and other "Sims"-like stuff. On the other hand, if you do like that stuff, you'll probably like it. You can build your own house and adopt children in it. Not much other content.

Dawnguard enhances vampires and werewolves, and adds a quest-line that is neatly merged with the main world, on the other hand it is a bit more limited compared to Dragonborn. There's quite cool stuff in it though, overall i liked it a lot. 10+ level character is advisable but not required (remember Skyrim has level scaling).

Dragonborn adds new land and quests and stuff but may feel a tad disconnected from the main game due to its focus on the new land (AFAIK, i haven't gotten around playing DB yet). I think the DLC seems to be meant for higher level characters and veteran players, those who've finished most of Skyrim already.

EDIT DG and DB are largely "more of the same" DLCs, they don't change the game, just add more stuff. Not that many DLCs or expansions for games actually do anything else...

Dartastic

So, my girlfriend wants to get the PS3 version because I lent her my system, and she got obsessed with the 360 version. Hah. Did they ever fix it? Or should I just tell her to keep playing it at my place on 360? Also, does anyone know of any places with good deals on it right now? Thanks!

velociraptor

So is Skyrim worth buying?

It's £2.12 on Gamefly. Discount code: UKJUN15OFF

Or should I wait for the legendary edition to become cheaper?

Please advise.

Godan

Not sure if anyone could help me.

Got Skyrim about a week ago on pc for Steam. Seems fine till I get my weapon and whenever I attack or do anything with my character their is no sound. Anybody had this issue and fixed it?

Woorloog

Banned
Not sure if anyone could help me.

Got Skyrim about a week ago on pc for Steam. Seems fine till I get my weapon and whenever I attack or do anything with my character their is no sound. Anybody had this issue and fixed it?

Run the game cache validation from Steam, i wouldn't be surprised if you have corrupted files.
If not... well, we'll help with troubleshooting.

Please answer to the Dragonborn thread (link a few post above), let us let this one die as this is "full".

Aucool

When I played Skyrim for the first time i wasn't a fan of Game of Thrones, now I'm addicted to the show and I've bought it again on PC thanks to the Summer Sale and I'm having a blast with it, playing as a Nord is simply priceless. Btw, I can't believe that id doesn't still exist a good GoT total conversion, I would pay for it!

Prototype

Started playing again. Some how the game always pulls me back in.

It's been awhile but the music instantly comforts me and makes me feel at home.

SoldnerKei

picked this up on steam sale, I tried once on ps3 but since it was lended I didn't played much, I have played Dark Souls I/II and Dragon's Dogma DA, loved those and hope I love this one too, I don't play optimal characters, I just want my character to look cool, hopefully there's good looking equipment in this game :'D

Guys I am stuck in the Miraak battle. Miraak called his third dragon but it did not appear! I search online and cannot find anything...suggestion?

Seanspeed

Banned
Started playing again. Some how the game always pulls me back in.

It's been awhile but the music instantly comforts me and makes me feel at home.
I know that feeling.

picked this up on steam sale, I tried once on ps3 but since it was lended I didn't played much, I have played Dark Souls I/II and Dragon's Dogma DA, loved those and hope I love this one too, I don't play optimal characters, I just want my character to look cool, hopefully there's good looking equipment in this game :'D
Oh geez man, on PC? You want cool looking equipment on the PC version?

You just might be in luck then. There's like 50,000 weapon and armor mods to pick from if the vanilla game doesn't have what you like.

If you want to keep it simple, get 'Immersive Armors', which adds 60 new, full sets of armor as you play along with capes, eyepatches and stuff like that.

And then 'Immersive Weapons', which adds over 200 new weapons and several new arrow types.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Added the high res textures, and yeah, it's improved greatly. Still haven't tried any of the mod's, though.

I'm probably "rushing" the campaign faster than I remember when I played it on PS3. Within 5 hours, already met that lady from The Blades, and that felt like it took 10-20 hours the 1st time (think I did a bunch of exploring).

Basically, just as everyone knows, besides the wonky combat, it's a great game and environment, filled to the brim with things to do.

Working on trying to figure out the house/horse stuff from the add on's I never tried out. If I buy a horse (before buying a house), is the horse a permanent thing that I can find/call? Can it die/be lost forever? I read where if you built a house, you can add on a stable, and that's how you "store" the horse/s.

Also part of the add on I guess, there's so many kids that want me for a mommy :lol

Elija2

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm getting a ton of shadow striping outdoors in my game and it's really bothering me. I've messed with .ini files and downloaded mods but nothing has been able to fix it.

Here are the list of mods I have, in case you think one of them is causing the problem:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
Skyrim Project Optimization
Climates Of Tamriel
SPERG
Skyrim Misc Patches Collection
Dungeon Quest Awareness
Immersive Patrols
SkyUI
iHUD
Run For Your Lives
Grass On Steroids
Open Cities Skyrim
Realistic Lighting Overhaul
Apocalypse - The Spell Package
Duel - Combat Realism
No Spinning Death Animation
Barenziah Quest Markers
ASIS
No Disease Absorb Bug

For those that don't know, this is what shadow striping looks like:

TESV2012-04-2909-18-21-16.jpg

Sarcasm

How does enchanting work? I know I been disenchanting items. I need a soul gem filled, enchantment and item.

I have the black azura star, I am only level 22 (or 23) so wondering if it worth it to start now.

Slermy

Since it's different than Smithing, where you can't improve on an item after it's already been enhanced, I'd tend to enchant stuff I don't mind trashing later. I'd suggest saving your best stuff to enchant when you've hit level 100 in enchanting.

Sarcasm

The shadow striping happens in vanilla too. Which is weird because I don't get it, while my wife does..on the same machine.

I play modded and I use climates of tam and ELFX, where as she is no mods =S

The-Bean

Bit late, sorry, but for anyone who is still wondering how to fix that shadow striping:

1. Open SkyrimPrefs.ini (Documents\My Games\Skyrim)
  2. Search for fShadowBiasScale
  3. Change it to: fShadowBiasScale=1.0000

Sarcasm

So I made a basic soul trap weapon that requires recharging..where is best place to farm souls (black star) to grind my enchanting up?

hey guys, im trying to remember a specific equipment but cant recall.

it was an armor or something that when you sneaked around, it hurt enemies around you. gave off a black smoke effect i think. anyone recall the name?

also, installed the High res DLC pack and now everytime i load/enter a new area its a gamble on whether it works fine/crashes to desktop/hangs still for like 1 minute

empyrean

Hope this bump is ok :). Literally just started playing this, think I've bugged out at like the first quest :(. So I'm after the golden claw...the dude who has it i saved from the spiders web, he ran off, i found him again and he went through another door, i stopped to open a chest...now he has totally disappeared and as a result i can't get the golden claw i need to open the door.

I've back tracked through the whole level and looked at every body on the floor etc and none are him.

How can i sort this short of reverting to a much earlier save before i entered the whole dungeon?

Thanks.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Hope this bump is ok :). Literally just started playing this, think I've bugged out at like the first quest :(. So I'm after the golden claw...the dude who has it i saved from the spiders web, he ran off, i found him again and he went through another door, i stopped to open a chest...now he has totally disappeared and as a result i can't get the golden claw i need to open the door.

I've back tracked through the whole level and looked at every body on the floor etc and none are him.

How can i sort this short of reverting to a much earlier save before i entered the whole dungeon?

Thanks.

Sorry, but I really have no idea! I honestly think you'd be best just restarting from a previous save. I can't tell you how many times I've had to restart that section.

Welcome to Skyrim!

empyrean

Sorry, but I really have no idea! I honestly think you'd be best just restarting from a previous save. I can't tell you how many times I've had to restart that section.

Welcome to Skyrim!

Thank you for taking the time to respond :). Earlier save it is then i guess.

Mods i have installed: SKSE, SkyUI, Open City, Pure Waters

Any others that people would say are essential / don't detract from the 'skyrim' experience for a first play through? I've got all the three big DLC packs, there are unofficial patches...do i need all 3 unofficial patches or will the latest one for the last DLC include everything from before?

Thank you for taking the time to respond :). Earlier save it is then i guess.

Mods i have installed: SKSE, SkyUI, Open City, Pure Waters

Any others that people would say are essential / don't detract from the 'skyrim' experience for a first play through? I've got all the three big DLC packs, there are unofficial patches...do i need all 3 unofficial patches or will the latest one for the last DLC include everything from before?

I just got Skyrim, and am looking for some graphics mods. Nothing that really changes gameplay unless its really good. I will look into the bolded mods, but does anything have any suggestions or possibly a steam workshop 'mod' bundle I can just install?

MaKTaiL

Anyone getting Skyrim Especial Edition on disc for PS4 willing to share the code for Elder Scrolls Online that comes inside? It's for a horse and costume. If you don't plan to play ESO I will gladly accept it :)

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Been getting back into the ps4 version of it this again. So fun. Much harder than I remember on vanilla PS3. I'm about level 18, and just got to esbern. I'm looking forward to playing a few hundred hours.

Also, to be clear, light armor ftw!

ruvikx

Banned
Been getting back into the ps4 version of it this again. So fun. Much harder than I remember on vanilla PS3. I'm about level 18, and just got to esbern. I'm looking forward to playing a few hundred hours.

Also, to be clear, light armor ftw!

I'm about to get back into the PS4 version as well (for the trophies & platinum, despite the fact I also have it on PC & can mod the hell out of it). I have the survival bundle installed from the creation club so I'll do a legendary difficulty survival playthrough with an archery ranger character.

Just a reminder that Enderal's DLC is coming soon. Apparently the German version is finished but they want to do a simultaneous release with the English version. Their ETA is 2018 but I doubt they can make it. Still pretty excited to get back into it. Enderal is much better than the game it mods.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Can anyone provide a good list of essential graphical mods for the Xbox (One X) version? Preferably in optimal load order.

Top Bottom