• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Halo 5 wasn't targeted for 2014 at all. They may have sort of implied it, but I'm certain it never was.

Eh?

Rob Semsey @RobSemsey
Xbox Wire today mentioned a few 2014 titles; Halo on Xbox One not listed due to official name of the next title not announced yet.
9:55 AM - 6 Jan 2014

Rob Semsey @RobSemsey
Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm
9:56 AM - 6 Jan 2014

So are you saying he was simply being technically correct by hinting at the anniversary edition?

jelly

Sweet.

azbK17N_460sa.gif

Toki767

What has Sony got this fall besides The Order?

Genuine question before people shout troll. Also Halo 2 with multiplayer will be amazing. Yes please.

No one knows for sure really. If Uncharted isn't this year (which it probably won't) then I would imagine that PS4 version of The Last of Us would be something they would want to do.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I think that Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and Halo 2 Anniversary would make for a terrific fall lineup of exclusives.

Quantum Break is definitely not coming out this year.

I'm surprised MS would bank on Sunset Overdrive that much. I love Insomniac as a company, but their track record on PS3 ranged from pretty good to downright bad.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Who is developing Crackdown 3? I don't think it is Ruffian. Ninja Theory? (I shudder at the thought, but they recently signed a project.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Amir0x

Banned
I was under the impression that Fable Legends wasn't a 2014 title. Seemed like it was a little further behind in development than the other stuff they've shown.

Guess we'll find out at E3 though.

I'm skeptical than Quantum Break is 2014 as well. This is Remedy we're talking about now, and the game has some very ambitious ideas about what it's trying to do with essentially an entire tv season alongside a game.

What has Sony got this fall besides The Order?

Genuine question before people shout troll. Also Halo 2 with multiplayer will be amazing. Yes please.

I was never comparing MS with Sony. Looking at Sony, you're right. There is nothing officially announced for this fall.

RoKKeR

Also, if this means Halo 5 gets another year of development time then by all means, bring it on 343/Microsoft.

All of this Halo talk has me pumped. God damn.

RulkezX

And its still coming lol. In the mean time I expect Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Forza Horizon 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary to be their holiday lineup and Halo 5 and Quantum Break to be 2015. Sounds good to me. :)

It sounds utterly shit to me. Fable has been getting steadily worse with every iteration , Horizon is meh , QB we know nothing about and Halo 2 is an old game everyone has already played.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to laugh so hard when they release it without multiplayer. Then I will do the opposite.
With Halo CE Anniversary, they left out the multiplayer partially because it would split the Halo multiplayer population even more (Halo 3 / Reach / CEA). With Halo 2 Anniversary being the only Halo game on the XB1 at the time of its release, that wouldn't be an issue.

I want to care but i don't, this is like 2 years too late.
By what measure?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so a 10 year old game is getting people hyped into spending nearlly half of 1000 on a console lmao

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I would LOVE for ALL Halos to eventually be available on Xbox One. I wonder if the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition might include Halo 1 Anniversary either via on disk or by download. It would actually be a great pre-order bonus or even a collector's edition bonus.

Quantum Break is definitely not coming out this year.

I'm surprised MS would bank on Sunset Overdrive that much. I love Insomniac as a company, but their track record on PS3 ranged from pretty good to downright bad.

Do you have some insider information on Quantum Break?

I don't see why it couldn't come this year.

Microsoft bet the bank in 2006 on Viva Piñata and Gears of War (one did significantly better than the other admittedly) I don't see why they couldn't have a line-up of Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Ruffian's game.

There will undoubtedly be other downloadable games in the mix too

Who is developing Crackdown 3? I don't think it is Ruffian. Ninja Theory? (I shudder at the thought, but they recently signed a project.)

Signed a project with MS or just generally signed a project? I did think NT might be working with MS

Copenap

I wonder a little bit where all these posts from people claiming it was obvious that H5 is a 2015 title were in all these discussions we had where it allways was pretty much seen as a given that it releases in 2014.

Miles X

Do you have some insider information on Quantum Break?

I don't see why it couldn't come this year.

Microsoft bet the bank in 2006 on Viva Piñata and Gears of War (one did significantly better than the other admittedly) I don't see why they couldn't have a line-up of Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Ruffian's game.

There will undoubtedly be other downloadable games in the mix too

Fable Legends and Halo 2 Anniversary to add to that.

A few things if they are actually going to to multiplayer:

-- Remove superbouncing
-- Fix the fucking shotgun so up close shots always work
-- Fix the auto-aim on the Snipers to prevent no-scopes
-- Give the Energy Sword an ammo limit
-- Fix the geometry issues on some maps (looking at you, Foundation) that cause rockets to just fly through the walls
-- Remove the triple wield glitch

There's a lot of rose-tinted nostalgia for Halo 2, but the reality is that the whole game was kind of a rushed, buggy mess. Fix all that then I'm down. But if it's the same old, same old, I'll pass.

I wonder a little bit where all these posts from people claiming it was obvious that H5 is a 2015 title were in all these discussions we had where it allways was pretty much seen as a given that it releases in 2014.

Phil said Halo will be out this year, they never said which one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So THAT'S what they meant when they said Halo will be on XBO this year. Makes more sense and gives me confidence that they're not rushing Halo 5.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
so a 10 year old game is getting people hyped into spending nearlly half of 1000 on a console lmao
There are practically no games out there for arena shooter fans, especially on consoles. Halo 2 is one of the best entries in my favorite genre ever. Hell yeah I'm excited.

Why would they even bother with Crackdown 3 ? Did 2 sell ? I thought the consensus was that the game was terrible.

It wasn't as good as the first, but it had some great ideas and Ruffian weren't really given enough time to make a proper sequel, which is why it felt more like an expansion. A 2 -3 year development time and proper funding for CD3 should make any CD fan very excited.

Not only that, Cloudgine are involved and one of the co-founders is none other than Dave Jones.

This makes no sense at all, all the MS people are talking about Halo 5 release 2014. they confirmed that it will be not delayed not long ago. i doubt Halo 5 and H2A would be released in the same time window, thats nonsense

From the IGN Interview with Phil Spencer in June 2013:
“The Halo Anniversary that we did was as much about the launch of the first Xbox as well. It was a culmination of many things coming together. It would probably run out of steam if we were trying to think about, ‘Okay, what’s 10 years old now?’ It’s definitely more from the game itself, the experience that we’re able to bring to market. Less about ‘Is the last digit a zero?’ in terms of its anniversary.”

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
please replicate the multiplayer

please replicate the multiplayer

please please please please please please please please

If halo 2 is the same maybe with better animations. But same multiplayer! 1-50 ranking and even clans! I'm so in. Give it to the fans MS

This makes no sense at all, all the MS people are talking about Halo 5 release 2014. they confirmed that it will be not delayed not long ago. i doubt Halo 5 and H2A would be released in the same time window, thats nonsense

They played the technical card. Seems they never said that Halo 5 would be out in 2014, just that Halo would be out in 2014...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom