• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
What, this one?
jzoTaWp6wkDvg.png

Neiteio

neiteio

im not entirely serious but i would like it if we stop having creepy discussions for once
Hey, I was just responding to the, uh, curious Metapod picture.

EDIT: Oh god I hope Zeer0id has some bottled fairies.

EDIT 2: I think Lopunny's second boob is facing the camera, hence you don't see it. Perspective and all that jazz.

Gardevoir?

Don't go there.

Shutting this conversation down now. On a different, less bannable topic: what would you guys think about themed Gym Leaders rather than typed ones? Here's an example:

Melody (music-themed): Uses Loudred, Chatot, Jigglypuff and Ludicolo. Gym puzzle involves adding notes (received from defeating trainers) into musical sequences in order to complete them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well there isn't really anything to debate, you mentioned people are trapped in the past in response to someone who can't believe would want to play an older game on the VC.

As for mechanics, there are some things that are indeed more convenient like the item menu, but battling style is purely preference. With each generation some things improve while other things falter. Every gen has their issues with balance, but that doesn't stop someone from preferring that over the other.

Playing Gen 1 without the remakes feels like attempting to play a poorly-coded game "just cause".

For those who really want to know:
To be fair, it's on "Speak Up". But, it's still a damn stupid article.
My brain just lost a few cells.

Thematically, which Pokemon fit together? Types are generally easier to group than traits.

Yes, but with the exception of Dark, every other type has been used for a Gym. I need some more innovation, gorramit!

And to answer your question, here are a few more:

Leader Gorge (Team: Snorlax, Vanilluxe, Swalot, Tropius, Crawdaunt)

Leader Morpheus (Ditto, Castform, Kecleon, Cherrim, Zen Darmanitan)

Leader Narcolepta (Hypno, Jigglypuff, Musharna, Snorlax)

Neiteio

RE: gym leaders: How about they just treat every gym leader like the Elite Four champion and give him/her a balanced team? Then style the gym itself after something reflecting their personality, I.E. a castle for a noble baron.

Themes seems like more of an "endgame" concept, really (from the beginner's perspective)

Maybe keep their teams like they are the first time through, and have them go fancy for rematches, like usual, except based on theme.

zroid

Banned
Themes seems like more of an "endgame" concept, really (from the beginner's perspective)

Maybe keep their teams like they are the first time through, and have them go fancy for rematches, like usual, except based on theme.

Makes sense. Perhaps in rematches they can maintain some coherency by having each Pokemon in the party (regardless of type) possess at least one move of that Leader's type.

Maybe something like... (contrived example)

Leader _____
1st time (Normal leader, 1st/2nd)
Clefable, Wigglytuff

Rematch (Moon-related)
Clefable, Wigglytuff, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Delcatty, Umbreon (just because)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
im not entirely serious but i would like it if we stop having creepy discussions for once

Uh, yes, actually. I've gotten complaints in PM from people suggesting they find it hard to participate in the community because of creepy derails (not just this community, other ones too). No need to apologize or explain, just please tone down the creepy stuff to a level where I'm not getting complaints about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom