• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Hey guys, if Im seeing an app date outside of toronto, what's good out there? Talking North York region mostly or around yorkU, or else Ill be going down to union.

ahdurian

not sure about North York, but I feel like up there there's just mainly restaurants / bars / cafes

downtown has a lot more options, even just in terms of walking around the city. lot of hidden gems walking around

Samyy

Does anyone have any experience here of moving into a unit that's about to go month-to-month? (original lease term is ending and so the lease will go month-to-month one month after I move in).

The landlord mentioned first and last but that doesn't really make any sense to me if its a month-to-month lease, just wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

not sure about North York, but I feel like up there there's just mainly restaurants / bars / cafes

downtown has a lot more options, even just in terms of walking around the city. lot of hidden gems walking around

Thanks man, I think Ive agreed to downtown. Not a fan of the trip, but it just seems like a better time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The glass in a welding helmet is sufficient protection, right? Someone might be inclined to buy one and then return it after the eclipse.

#14 welding glass also Mastermind sells eclipse glasses for 2.99.

make sure it's #14 welder's glasses, not any helmet, correct.

Mastermind is sold out online too. I only have one set of glasses I bought for myself, but we're 4 people going so... we'll have to share lol. Can't find any anywhere anymore.

gabbo

Ugh, I just saw someone get on the TTC with a sharpied Confederate flag that had "rebel" scrawled down the middle section of the cross, with "confederate flag southern pride" scribbled underneath it on the back of his torn and faded camo green shirt.

Not something I ever thought I'd see. The past few days has really brought out the worst in people. I dont know if yelling at an obese guy in a wheelchair because he's a garbage human being would have made me feel better.

Sober

Ugh, I just saw someone get on the TTC with a sharpied Confederate flag that had "rebel" scrawled down the middle section of the cross, with "confederate flag southern pride" scribbled underneath it on the back of his torn and faded camo green shirt.

Not something I ever thought I'd see. The past few days has really brought out the worst in people. I dont know if yelling at an obese guy in a wheelchair because he's a garbage human being would have made me feel better.
Yeah I saw a guy with a Trump t-shirt that had the "Bad Hombres" quote on it. Like wtf this is Canada...

yyzjohn

Banned
Don't listen to him. We only complain about games, the TTC, the local sports team, the weather, the housing prices, the mayor, the telecoms, and the Hero Burgers.

Hope Mr. Giggles doesn't get an "I told you so" after he recounts his evening with an orange rubber ball in his mouth.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll be mad lol. I just got my glasses.

So far my weather forecast app says it'll be clear but raining the next day so hopefully the forecast for tuesday doesnt creep on monday.
I don't pay attention to the forecast beyond tomorrow and I usually don't even look at it until the evening.

Not amazing, but it's worth at least one visit: http://powerupbar.ca/

Ah Gracias!!

Achievement Unlocked!

lol, I'm liking Toronto but this city is so expensive... why does it cost me like $270 for car insurance!!! I was paying $40 back in mtl.

I was gonna but I can't this time, next time though!!

Don't do it man, they'll kidnap you and play all sorts of crazy games.

lol

Hey guys, so Im supposed to go on a date tomorrow.

Thinking of getting off at Union, and then I dont know where to go lol.

Casual first date, dont want anything heavy or fancy, and then I guess ice cream or drinks? I know nothing.

Do I book in advance? Is it super packed?

Hey guys, so Im supposed to go on a date tomorrow.

Thinking of getting off at Union, and then I dont know where to go lol.

Casual first date, dont want anything heavy or fancy, and then I guess ice cream or drinks? I know nothing.

Do I book in advance? Is it super packed?

I gave you some good tips earlier, man!

Maybe La Carnita (simple but tasty Mexican place), which has Sweet Jesus (soft serve ice cream with a bunch of fixin's) right next store. It's on John St., so closer to St. Andrew station, but it's still like a ten minute walk from Union. Don't love Sweet Jesus (you're basically just paying for the selfie, the ice cream itself is...yeah, it's just soft serve), but undeniably a great first date stop.

For Friday night in that area, absolutely book in advance unless you're having dinner at 5 PM or something. Plenty of random lounges and bars around for a drink after dinner, just explore a bit, you'll definitely find something.

I gave you some good tips earlier, man!

For Friday night in that area, absolutely book in advance unless you're having dinner at 5 PM or something. Plenty of random lounges and bars around for a drink after dinner, just explore a bit, you'll definitely find something.

Oh my god, I missed that, thanks!

Oh man, I should have booked sooner. Ill look into these

Edit: Ok, I think Ill call this place :)

I should really explore more of Toronto on my own.

It's not RIGHT there but you maybe Fune? Rotating sushi boat place. Slightly pricey though but there are bars nearby afterwards.

Thanks!

Is ice cream a lame suggestion over a bar? Girl won't tell me what she wants so Im going to have to make the decisions lol.

Edit: What if I do Funes and then El Cabilitto Tequila Bar.

dluu13

Thanks!

Is ice cream a lame suggestion over a bar? Girl won't tell me what she wants so Im going to have to make the decisions lol.

Unless you're waiting in line at Sweet Jesus or something, I see ice cream as something that'll last you your walk over to the patio bar or whatever.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks!

If you want to do ice cream it's not lame at all. Lots of unique places for it there. My suggestions though like kekou isn't that close. BUT there are bakeries, coffee, and other dessert places too.

Top Bottom