• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Launching Spring 2013 On Xbox 360/PS3 [Officially Confirmed By Rockstar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
true, pubs think it helps combat piracy (i seriously doubt it does) so we do get fucked in a way

im getting fucked right now actually waiting another 3 weeks for ac3

And the 360 version will inevitably leak before the release date.

*sigh*

Pooya

Spring pretty much means May, no? can't see them fitting this into March. It's very busy as it is and R* always releases in May, even MP3 was delayed from March to May.

Finally.

I was starting to wonder why they where being cagey about platforms.

Shocked Wii U isnt there TBH. Thought that was what has keeping them quite on the subject.

The PC version will be coming next year just like every GTA game in the last 10 years.... come on people you had to have seen this coming?

Fjordson

I honestly don't think a PC version will be far off the console versions this time around. Obviously I have zero insider information so this is just my gut feeling, but after Max Payne 3 it doesn't seem likely to me.

I'd bet part of the delay with GTA IV was due to the fact that R* Toronto did the PC port, not R* North. Also, before IV, GTA was for all intents and purposes a PS2 exclusive and had gotten the vast majority of its sales on the console. To be blunt, they probably didn't give much of a shit about the PC in 2008. And when GTA IV went on to sell 22 million copies they probably continued to not give a shit.

Then with Red Dead, it was supposedly such a technical mess under the hood that they didn't even bother with a PC version. And they continued to not give a shit as Red Dead went on to sell 13 million or whatever in like a year and a half. But the difference there I think is that seemingly a ton of people really, really wanted it on PC. I used to see it constantly on their YouTube page, on Twitter, on their newswire. Always people dogging them with questions about it, so much so that they had to answer to them in one of their Q&A posts.

And then that brings us to their next game, Max Payne 3. To my knowledge, R* Vancouver did every single version of MP 3 and it ran great on PC. It also seemed to sell fairly well, sticking towards the top of the Steam charts for a few weeks near release. I really think this will be an MP 3 type deal. Technically up to snuff with a small delay at worst.

(the same date for all versions is what should happen, but I doubt it)

21e03c8c-ca74-4007-a3af-631871431c2c.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Dude come on. Isley Brothers, LCD Soundsystem, Jean-Michel Jarre, Philip Glass(!!!), David McCallum, Lazzarus... 4 had a great soundtrack. Probably the best of any of the games.

I don't know what any of that is.

Also I wish PC was day 1. I don't want to have to suffer by playing this game on PS3.

Pooya

I honestly don't think a PC version will be far off the console versions this time around. Obviously I have zero insider information so this is just my gut feeling, but after Max Payne 3 it doesn't seem likely to me.

if they don't announce it this week for PC it won't be close imo, MP3 was announced for PC along others from the beginning when the game surfaced a few years ago. If it's like 1-2 months wait they would announce it otherwise don't think so. They handled LA Noire PC just like GTA 4 too, no reason to think this would be different if they don't announce it this week.

Squire

Banned
I really think this will be an MP 3 type deal. Technically up to snuff with a small delay at worst.

(the same date for all versions is what should happen, but I doubt it)

I really think it won't because when they re-revealed MP3, they made a point to say it'd be on PC, day-and-date (though it was delayed) and it would be awesome.

We're looking at (at the shortest) a six month wait for a PC port and it won't be announced immediately either.

If it's not on their retail posters (and yeah, this assumes the posters are real) it's not going to be in GI.

Fjordson

if they don't announce it this week for PC it won't be close imo, MP3 was announced for PC along others from the beginning when the game surfaced a few years ago. If it's like 1-2 months wait they would announce it otherwise don't think so. They handled LA Noire PC just like GTA 4 too, no reason to think this would be different if they don't announce it this week.
Your first point is valid, I'll be interested to see if they announce the different versions all at once.

But with L.A. Noire, I feel like that's a totally different situation. That was really a Team Bondi game at its core and was also a rare occurrence of Rockstar working on something other than the RAGE engine, which may have posed some problems. Ex-Bondi employees said that the game was total mess before R* came in and essentially saved the project.

It was also another case of a totally separate team (R* Leeds) doing the PC port.

Also you guys got the wrong brotha.

Racist ass honkey mothafuckas.

y9ymF.jpg
Holy shit lmao, you're right. Oops...

I really think it won't because when they re-revealed MP3, they made a point to say it'd be on PC, day-and-date (though it was delayed) and it would be awesome.

We're looking at (at the shortest) a six month wait for a PC port and it won't be announced immediately either.

If it's not on their retail posters (and yeah, this assumes the posters are real) it's not going to be in GI.
Yeah, this is similar to what miladsen said. A valid point. Hopefully the lack of a PC logo is some kind of error or something. If it's not, then I'm probably wrong.

Deadstar

No pc release no purchase. Hopefully it is released soon after the console versions but it looks like I won't be picking it up for xbox.

Bgamer90

Banned
Where is the Wii U version? Shocking....
Silly rabbit!

Nintendo is for kids!!!

But no, I'm also surprised that there still hasn't been anything said about a Wii U version. Nintendo needs it if they want to show people they are actually serious about having a "core audience".

Squire

Banned
Where is the Wii U version? Shocking....

No. It is not. At all. LOL, why do people keep posting this?

You guys really give Nintendo that much credit? Nintendo's good with their own initiatives and LTTP in absolutely everything else. You think they're smart enough to push to make a deal for a GTAV port? LOL, they won't talk about their online service.

Derrick01

Banned
I'll likely cave and buy this on PS3 at launch.

That being said I can only imagine how horrible it will look and run. Rockstar open world games already don't look and run well on PS3, and this one seems like the most ambitious one yet at least for this gen. I expect it to look like those AC3 360 screenshots we were making fun of in the OT :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom