• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I feel like I'm going to spend a very, very long time in Hera Ur 5x4, need 19 more fire resists for the Minerva team. Hoping the invade rate isn't too awful, or that there might be bonus invade rate days.
You and me both. I have the cheese team basically built except for the puppet.

smbu2000

Well I tried out Zeus Dragon again to get him for RaDra and I cleared it with one continue with my YomiDra teams. I think I can 0 stone clear it. I was doing well and had worked him down to about half of his HP and I was planning to attack then, but my Haku/Akechi combo didn't work out so well and I only had 7 hearts and the rest were dark...my combo was terrible because of it and I couldn't insert any TPAs...
Oh well one stone was worth it to get him. The guerrilla dungeon had ended by the time I lost, so I would have had to wait a few days to try again if I had time.

Now I just need to wait for RaDra to go on sale again to pick him up on my iPad as well.

Anyway, this was a terrible GF for me. Pulled twice on my sub and got 2 silvers. On my main I got silver, silver, gold (Ronia dupe).

My teams were main: YD/A.Haku/Eschamali/Castor/Reincarnated Susano
sub: YD/DMeta/DL Okuni/DKanna/A.Haku

I'm glad Susano got his God typing back. His shield helped me survive Artemis preemptive attack.
I had Grodin's Gungnir on my Castor to get by Artemis' 5 turn no awakenings bind.
More than 3 years later, I finally got GRodin! Just want to share that ;)
Congrats on finally getting him! His skill is really useful now with the 5 turn bind clear and the 5 turn awakening bind clear. I use his skill whenever there is a dungeon/descend that has that like Linthia.

Aesnath

The new godfest seems pretty solid. I will probably roll both days, hoping for dupe pandora and/or akechi. For pandora, I'd make an awoken, and see if I could get by without Yomi (although I've decided I like her); Akechi would be an inherit.

I know I should save my stones for NY or Heroine, but I am a sucker for anything that might make my Gremory team better.

Also, how do the timeframes for the Grisrar and Elila invades work? I would kinda like one of each.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
GH been kinda stingy with free stones since the new years. I'm sure this was calculated as there's finally a God Fest I wouldn't mind rolling on.

Jagernaut

I don't see the point of Elia and Grisar invades when they are the bosses in ultimate God rush and ultimate Devil rush. Just build teams for those 2 dungeons and farm them.

I max skilled both of them coop farming the rushes with ALB.

Aesnath

I don't see the point of Elia and Grisar invades when they are the bosses in ultimate God rush and ultimate Devil rush. Just build teams for those 2 dungeons and farm them.

I max skilled both of them coop farming the rushes with ALB.

Not everyone is at the point where they can farm ultimate rushes.

I must say I very much prefer the x5 GFE rates with the day exclusivity. It obviously is not ideal if there's a day with a pantheon you want and a bunch of trash GFEs, but in general it means more choice and marginally better chances of getting cards that for all intents and purposes are now necessary to stay near the edge of power creep.

Aesnath

I'm sure you can with Gremory, if not I could find some time to co-op it with you. Better than hoping for an invade.

I appreciate the offer. I'm guessing the invades are pretty rare.

Looking at the rushes, I probably could beat them with Gremory, with a little luck (a 6+ combo shield is not my friend). Honestly, my comment was more about my wife, daughter, and best friend, none of whom would get through a rush easily, even with my help (maybe my daughter with anima co-op). I figure they will already be running some mythicals, so it might help them. I know that my daughter eventually wants to get a myr, so this feels like something that might get her a leg up. Again, she will already be running some stages anyway, may as well be when the invade happens.

I didn't mean to sound harsh with my response, but not everyone has an ALB farming set-up ready to go.

I appreciate the offer. I'm guessing the invades are pretty rare.

Looking at the rushes, I probably could beat them with Gremory, with a little luck (a 6+ combo shield is not my friend). Honestly, my comment was more about my wife, daughter, and best friend, none of whom would get through a rush easily, even with my help (maybe my daughter with anima co-op). I figure they will already be running some mythicals, so it might help them. I know that my daughter eventually wants to get a myr, so this feels like something that might get her a leg up. Again, she will already be running some stages anyway, may as well be when the invade happens.

I didn't mean to sound harsh with my response, but not everyone has an ALB farming set-up ready to go.

Fair enough. The invades rotate in different time blocks, you can see what is invading on PADx. I don't know what teams your wife and daughter have, but anima probably works. They're older dungeons so if you are even close to the meta you could probably throw something together. Be sure to utilize relevant killer awakenings as that can be a huge boost.

Aesnath

Fair enough. The invades rotate in different time blocks, you can see what is invading on PADx. I don't know what teams your wife and daughter have, but anima probably works. They're older dungeons so if you are even close to the meta you could probably throw something together. Be sure to utilize relevant killer awakenings as that can be a huge boost.

Oddly enough, all three main awoken hermes. It is weird. Either way, the team doesn't have the staying power for some dungeons. Bind problems and a lack of RCV are an issue for all three of them. A. Hermes seems to be able to beat several mythical difficulty stages, but they all fall apart with gravities or repeated binds. All of them have an SI plan for bind clear; but none have implemented them yet. Both my wife and daughter have more solid potential leads (Gremory and Sumire respectively), but don't have the right subs and are patently awful at heart crosses (and coming from me, that means something). Neither seems to be willing to put work into getting better at either of them. My daughter wants to run myr eventually, due to the lack of needing to do anything other than cross and the ample additional time (really can't blame her for that). My wife hasn't even skilled Gremory, and isn't particularly interested in doing so.

W-00

This GF looks like an easy 'pass' for me. The only ones my main lacks from day 1 are Takeru, Set, and Osiris, and those aren't worth rolling for. Day 2 is a bit tougher because of Sanada, Mori, and Ishida (and because I&I is a card I've wanted on at least one of my accounts for a good, long while now), but only Sanada would actually improve any of my teams and I don't believe in rolling for just one card.

My alt only has Takeru and Wukong from day 1, but it doesn't need any of the others, either (though Pandora would be nice). It would like Sanada or Mori, but it doesn't really need them. And while I&I would be satisfying, I've figured out that I don't actually need them, so they aren't worth rolling for.

So we're getting the FotNS collab next week. Didn't we just have that in November or October?

So we're getting the FotNS collab next week. Didn't we just have that in November or October?

Yeah, October.

I'm torn because I could use a Wukong for Myr quite a bit, as well as Set/Nut and dupe Pandora/Andromeda for tinkering with other teams. First day also has GFEs I could use like a third Sumire, Eschamali, and Paimon.

Don't know if that's enough for me to gamble, though.

b33r

I pulled Satsuki on my JP account today with a yolo roll. I need to awaken my Haku and then I have a good core for dark Kanna. I have some other ok dark subs, it'll be nice to have a decent dark team though.

smbu2000

Wow, the 4x experience bonus on certain technical dungeons is very nice! I went through Arena 2 (which is included in the list) and picked up a nice chunk of EXP.

4sTxPPz.jpg

Arena has a 2x coin bonus on it as well right now on JP.

I tried out Arena 3 for the first time, but died on Radar Dragon (Noah Dragon came out for me) I guess I should have brought along a shield character skill (like Indra or Thief) for it. Maybe I'll try again later.

Bladelaw

4 rolls hoping for something I can use.
Shining Dragon Knight
Sherias
Wukong
Napoleon

Good enough for me. Napoleon is a huge get for my fire box and my tan supply max skilled him straight away. Dupe Wukong is of less certain value. Is a dupe worth running on Myr? Maybe with a Saria inherit?

Ducarmel

Anybody use the Warrior Series effectively in some way I'm not aware of?

These guys got multi boost so I'm wondering if they are used in co-op.

Bladelaw

I think he means Kopis and the blades. They're good co-op options because of the multi boost and the low CD so you can put a good skill on them, but I've never really used them. I usually have a more ideal option.
Oh the weapon series?

Yeah they're great inherit bases for co-op play. I use masamune and kopis more than the others despite getting zweihander almost every godfest. The two TPA plus multiboost means they have huge weighted stats and prong like a truck. There's better choices in most cases but not they're not the worst.

hermit7

3 rolls

All dupes.

Tsubaki (3)
Minerva
Valen

I like having the dupe valen. I have a 297 that I am probably going to feed off and didn't want to without a dupe so that is actually nice.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Wow, the 4x experience bonus on certain technical dungeons is very nice! I went through Arena 2 (which is included in the list) and picked up a nice chunk of EXP.

Arena has a 2x coin bonus on it as well right now on JP.

I tried out Arena 3 for the first time, but died on Radar Dragon (Noah Dragon came out for me) I guess I should have brought along a shield character skill (like Indra or Thief) for it. Maybe I'll try again later.

Nice. Thanks for always putting Yomi Dragon up for JP.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I want to beat the One Shot challenge for the Rodin Tamazo. I never attempted the earlier ones. I started with the fire dragon so I'll face Zeus Dragon as the boss. Would it be easier to use Myr or Krishna? Or is there a better lead for this?

Myr is definitely the choice for one-shot.

I managed to beat one-shot on my first try:

SVAeXCP.png

bjork

5 pulls today:
- Ivory Dragon, I assume it's bad
- Balboa, I don't use machine dudes but his special voids defense so that's good
- Loki, no idea
- Princess of Hell Sitri, her skill involves crosses so I'll never use her
- Denebola, with a low enough skill I think she could be pretty good

Adeptrain

Evening all!
I used all my gems this godfest to get new pulls and I was hoping the experts here could look at my box again. This is my second godfest now and I've finally hit rank 137. I've been doing every legend descended to gather awakening materials and I finally got my first Awoken monster!!! RA!! (though I have zero idea how to use him :/)

I also successfully got a Myr, and then promptly discovered that It'll take months to evolve her with all the necessary monsters!! ㅜㅜ

Anyway, any team help would be wonderful. Ideally, I'd like 2 or 3 teams to work on. Also, my box space is becoming slim, so if there's any worthless monsters, please tell me so I can sell them!

Currently I'm running an Aizen team with (Aizen/Esch/Pandora/Persephone/Typhon)

Oh!! And how do I do multiplayer exactly? That's one aspect I haven't even touched yet :/
Thx!

https://www.padherder.com/user/adep...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Evening all!
I used all my gems this godfest to get new pulls and I was hoping the experts here could look at my box again. This is my second godfest now and I've finally hit rank 137. I've been doing every legend descended to gather awakening materials and I finally got my first Awoken monster!!! RA!! (though I have zero idea how to use him :/)

I also successfully got a Myr, and then promptly discovered that It'll take months to evolve her with all the necessary monsters!! ㅜㅜ

Anyway, any team help would be wonderful. Ideally, I'd like 2 or 3 teams to work on. Also, my box space is becoming slim, so if there's any worthless monsters, please tell me so I can sell them!

Currently I'm running an Aizen team with (Aizen/Esch/Pandora/Persephone/Typhon)

Oh!! And how do I do multiplayer exactly? That's one aspect I haven't even touched yet :/
Thx!

https://www.padherder.com/user/adep...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Jeez, your box has a lot of good stuff in it for a rank 137 account.

First off, don't try to spread yourself over 2-3 teams right at the start. Build a single powerful team, then use that to build the others. It's a lot faster that way, since you won't be spreading yourself thin.

I think you should keep focusing on the Aizen team. Something like: Aizen/Eschamali/A.Persephone/Zuoh or Typhon/D.Izanami or Zaerog8 would be good. Awoken Persephone should porbably be your top priority, since she has a fantastic active and gives your team crazy RCV. Zuoh or Ana Typhon is your choice. Zuoh has a better active and more HP (useful since Aizen is a glass canon), while Anaphon will bring your team a ton of RCV and is unbindable. Dark Izanami and Zaerog are farmables that are really nice for Aizen. If you have a little over 25k HP and bring Dark Izanami, that team should be able to handle Arena 1.

A few other thoughts on your box:
-I *think* you have a really good Myr team in there, but I never really bothered using Myr, so I'm not 100% sure. She's a whole lot tankier than Aizen, so that would probably be a great choice for a second team. Hopefully someone who plays Myr can weigh in on that.
-Awoken Liu Bei is one of the best coop farming leads in the game, and it looks like you have some of the good inherits for him. Awakening him and skilling up some Zeus-Dios would probably be a good way to spend stamina if you're looking to farm coop.

Oh, and to use multiplayer, just choose the multiplayer tab in dungeon select. You'll probably want to arrange MP with people outside the game.

W-00

From what the people who run her say, Myr is perfectly usable even in her first form provided that you have the subs for her. I don't have firsthand experience, because even now that mine is fully evolved I don't really have a good team for her, but you have some awesome subs for her. Paimon and Awoken DQXQ are considered top-tier Myr subs on their own merits. Awoken Venus is also highly desirable (though I think most people inherit a different skill onto her). Saria basically has a perfect skill for Myr (I mostly see her inherited, but she can be useful as a sub). Castor and Pollux isn't typically considered a Myr sub, but I desperately wanted them as a sub for all-attributes dungeons.

b33r

I pulled a few times yesterday and got 3 good rolls and one Chester. Dupe Satsuki, will be good on my dark Kanna team and I can mess around with the Aizen tpa team. And then balboa and Ronove, both new.

If I'm trying to get a single copy of Myr, what kind of team do I want? Primarily dark?

Myr resists dark, so element doesn't really matter. You mostly just want to be tanky. Myr puts up a 500k damage block for 5 turns, so you really just need to be able to stall through those 5 turns, then hopefully 1-shot her. It's not necessary, but it helps to do the same thing on the 5th floor's 3-turn shield. You could also bring something like an indra shield, or thanatos to just soak up a few turns of Myr's damage.

Edit: Oh, and if you do mythical plus, you'll need an answer to predras.

Kreed

Rolled twice and got Chiyome and Grimory. I already have Ana Typhon so I want to work on Grimory and see who makes the better lead.

Rolled twice and got Chiyome and Grimory. I already have Ana Typhon so I want to work on Grimory and see who makes the better lead.

Gremory is a monster. Hits so hard, but you have to stay on top of your actives. Never played much of Anaphon except a couple co-op dungeons, but I think you'll like Gremory more assuming you have the subs for her.

hermit7

Rolled a few and got ronove. Seems good, and I can run a decent team of Rozuel, sumire, kaede...

I don't know if it is any better than Gremory though.

Adeptrain

Jeez, your box has a lot of good stuff in it for a rank 137 account.

First off, don't try to spread yourself over 2-3 teams right at the start. Build a single powerful team, then use that to build the others. It's a lot faster that way, since you won't be spreading yourself thin.

I think you should keep focusing on the Aizen team. Something like: Aizen/Eschamali/A.Persephone/Zuoh or Typhon/D.Izanami or Zaerog8 would be good. Awoken Persephone should porbably be your top priority, since she has a fantastic active and gives your team crazy RCV. Zuoh or Ana Typhon is your choice. Zuoh has a better active and more HP (useful since Aizen is a glass canon), while Anaphon will bring your team a ton of RCV and is unbindable. Dark Izanami and Zaerog are farmables that are really nice for Aizen. If you have a little over 25k HP and bring Dark Izanami, that team should be able to handle Arena 1.

A few other thoughts on your box:
-I *think* you have a really good Myr team in there, but I never really bothered using Myr, so I'm not 100% sure. She's a whole lot tankier than Aizen, so that would probably be a great choice for a second team. Hopefully someone who plays Myr can weigh in on that.
-Awoken Liu Bei is one of the best coop farming leads in the game, and it looks like you have some of the good inherits for him. Awakening him and skilling up some Zeus-Dios would probably be a good way to spend stamina if you're looking to farm coop.

Oh, and to use multiplayer, just choose the multiplayer tab in dungeon select. You'll probably want to arrange MP with people outside the game.

Thx for the Aizen advice!! Yeah, heard Liu Bei is a good leader, so I'm slowly trying to evolve his awaken mats.

b33r

0/10 on Myr feeds today. Send help.

At least Krishna makes her easy to farm but... come on.

Might want to wait on the king tan update and just stockpile the amount you need. Skilling up Myr is a bitch, I used half pys on mine.

Edit: my free roll in whatever JP collab is now was a silver light girl. Wasn't on padx, looked it up on padguide and her active removes locks from orbs, and she is a 5 star when evod. That will come in very handy for an inherit.

Negator

0/10 on Myr feeds today. Send help.

At least Krishna makes her easy to farm but... come on.

Yeah...My plan is to farm 15 copies of Myr and to just wait for king tans. I can have fun skilling up and plussing the rest of the team in the meantime, that dungeon is just too annoying to farm 50+ times for skillups.

After consulting the PAD discord, I think the best Myr team I could make is

Myr(Wukong)/Apoc(Apoc)/ADQXQ/Venus(Saria)/Kanna(Delay)
Or Myr(Wukong)/Apoc/ADQXQ/Venus(Apoc)/Kanna(Delay)

W-00

Oh yeah! My earlier score in the ranking dungeon had just barely been knocked out of the top 40%, and I only had enough stamina left for one more run of the dungeon, and I almost cracked the top 30%!

Again, really poor compared to the scores some of you get, but still a personal best that will clear to quest requirements.

After deciding not to do the RaDra thing (I'm unwilling/unable to farm the evo mats and don't like the playstyle) I looked at what the Tues maintenance might bring and Reincarnated Horus seems pretty lackluster for the requirements. I don't know what he does that Ilm can't, except a more difficult condition for the same multiplier.

I have Anubis, too, and maybe on a big board I'll try to hit the x900 just so I can see what it looks like, but lol at trying to play that regularly.

Me and my Fenrirs are ready for the jammer meta to be a thing.

Bladelaw

I'm pretty hopeful this is going to be the Ra Dragon patch. I really hope so anyway.

I'm trying to decide what to inherit on Isis. I'm leaning toward Awoken Orochi for the obligatory arena delay. My current team looks like this:
Ra Dragon (Sherias Roots), DKali (Ichigo), Dkali (Dkali), Ariel (Facet), Isis (???).

Roots is there to take out a predra serving as a ghetto Lightning. Ariel is a poverty Kanna. I'd use Balboa over Isis if God/Attacker killer wasn't a liability against Vishnu once he gets his uevo. The benefit to this setup is it's all set for when we get the inherit bonuses for same color inherits. I'm really eager to put this team through its paces.

I managed a 2.5% in the ranking which is nice considering it only took 4 runs. I probably could have pushed for a crown but I had better things to do with my stamina. Like farm fire resist latents. I need 7 more to finish off the R. Minerva cheese team then I need to farm MP to get the puppet. Once that's done I'm running A3 until I get a Hera Dragon. I want to be ready for Yomi Dragon's Super evo much like I'm ready for Ra Dragon's.

Top Bottom