• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ga (quick) tourny

Fifty

Argh!@ This is fucked up. The servers are running at ghetto speed. It takes about 4 minutes for me to get past the league info screens.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Argh!@ This is fucked up. The servers are running at ghetto speed. It takes about 4 minutes for me to get past the league info screens.

Untitled-1.gif

ShadowRed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
why dont you both sign on and shadow just quit so gun gets the win? it'll suck that there are no stats, but considering the alternative is not finishing at all i think it's a good plan

I was going to do that but he didn't respond to my invite. he played another game against someone else.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
ShadowRed said:
I was going to do that but he didn't respond to my invite. he played another game against someone else.

Lets go ShadowRed, for some reason I ain't get my messages or invites. I'll be back on 5 minutes.

Fifty

Great game, HG! You really shut me down in the first half. I don't think I've ever had 28 yards going into the third. Very good game. Not a single QB run. There was one play, however, that I really thought you got shafted on. On my final TD run with Jamal, when I cut left, the two defenders didn't react, they just made fools of themselves. The angle of pursuit + a lack of aggresive tackling (sometimes the AI will be chasing the QB....when he could have just dove) is a flaw with the game. I hope to play you again :)

hgplayer1

yeah that was a very good game. my offense just disappeared in the second half. good job on defense. I couldnt believe when i looked at the stats that I only ran 8 times the whole game. that seems impossible but i guess its right. not sure if losing my starting runner hurt my running game but something just killed me in the 2nd half.

Fifty

Well if he won fair and square, and the game didn't count it....unless you have a good excuse as to why you can't do this, it's only right that you help him get the win. The tournament will become screwed up if you guys don't (quickly) do this. Oh well....It's 12:05 EST now. The deadline seems to have passed. Shit...

Fifty

It should have automatically started by now!

At least I thought so. Oh well, I started the other one early. :p I'll do it now. You're lucky I'm so dedicated!! ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DM,did you get my pm?

Fifty

So it seems Gunstar will meet DM in the finals. Since the servers have been down we have had to play outside of the tournament---making the most of a bad situation--- and Gunstar just beat me in a very good game. I guess it's up to you two to pick a time, and then we'll see when the servers are up and act from there. I'm glad everyone got their matches in quick. This turned out to be a great idea.

Gunstar77

Fifty said:
So it seems Gunstar will meet DM in the finals. Since the servers have been down we have had to play outside of the tournament---making the most of a bad situation--- and Gunstar just beat me in a very good game. I guess it's up to you two to pick a time, and then we'll see when the servers are up and act from there. I'm glad everyone got their matches in quick. This turned out to be a great idea.

Well the game was tight match 1st Qtr. Raven up 3 to 0, 2nd Qtr. 7 to 3 Eagles, 3rd Qtr. 10 to 10, and then came the 4th Qtr. Eagles score 21 unanswered points for a 31 to 10 final. Good game Fifty!

Next up the Bucs!

Gunstar77

Well it is time for me and DM to finish this Quick Tourney but we have to do it outside of the league again since Sega's servers suck!

Fifty

You just checked and they're down? I thought they were up tonight :(

I can't check to see when the deadline is unless I go online on ESPN, but if the patch works, maybe you can finish it tomorrow.

(edit: Wait, the page still shows us in the semis, if the patch works tomorrow I can take us to the finals and you can play on the record...not like it really matters :( )

Gunstar77

Well DM is the Quick Tourney Champ, good game DM. It was a close game in the first half, Eagles were up 7 to 0 after the 1st Qtr. That is where the Eagles scoring ended. The Bucs had 6 points in the 2 Qtr, 8 points in the 3rd, and 7 in the 4th. Some of the key stats to the game. Field position, the Bucs average start was on their 39, Eagles was the 27. Turnover were big Eagles 4 and Bucs 1, some of those turnovers were do to the poor field position. Oh well, good game DM, see you in the League.

Top Bottom