• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Fury seems wasted on Nino. Desperation seems difficult to trigger too even with Fury. Probably just want a fast special and the buffs for the OHKO. Close Counter is probably optimal?

Cerium

Fury seems wasted on Nino. Desperation seems difficult to trigger too even with Fury. Probably just want a fast special and the buffs for the OHKO. Close Counter is probably optimal?

I've been experimenting with my Nino and you'd be surprised at how often I run into a situation where Desperation would be a game changer for me. And that's even without Fury. After getting some play time with the lineup, Desperation is actually now my #1 priority even above Moonbow.

The glass cannon is a lot less effective when you can't fire. Fully buffed Nino can ORKO almost everything, but if she's at less than max health there are a LOT of heroes who can kill her on the counter.

Desperation ensures that's not an issue.

Mupod

I was gonna do darting blow/desperation on Nino. If they're all melee she won't use desperation, if they are casters she can take a hit and then desperation is active. Darting blow will damn near ensure the double attack.

Haven't made any commitments yet because I want to do some more pulls this week to see what I find.

Cerium

I was gonna do darting blow/desperation on Nino. If they're all melee she won't use desperation, if they are casters she can take a hit and then desperation is active. Darting blow will damn near ensure the double attack.

Haven't made any commitments yet because I want to do some more pulls this week to see what I find.

Darting Blow is possible for me since I have a Florina, and I did consider it, but since my Nino is already +Speed I think I'd benefit more from Fury.

Anastasis

I wish they had two banners at all times. Is that usually the case with others gatchas?

I need to wait for Minerva though. My +HP/-RES has been my arena MVP for so long. I'd love to +1 her or hope for a better IV. Gamepress suggests +SPD/-DEF, but she seems to already double a ton. She's my only solid green so I have over 1300 SP waiting for SI. SP won't transfer to a different IV though, right? Think I should just keep her and avoid regrinding SP of that's the case. And go-to skills for Minerva?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish they had two banners at all times. Is that usually the case with others gatchas?

I need to wait for Minerva though. My +HP/-RES has been my arena MVP for so long. I'd love to +1 her or hope for a better IV. Gamepress suggests +SPD/-DEF, but she seems to already double a ton. She's my only solid green so I have over 1300 SP waiting for SI. SP won't transfer to a different IV though, right? Think I should just keep her and avoid regrinding SP of that's the case. And go-to skills for Minerva?

I wouldn't say multiple banners is common in the gacha world, at least not multiple viable banners. But I think we had 3 or 4 at one point in FEH, so I'm surprised we only have 1. Allows me to save my gems though.

Sushen

What is better about Minerva compared to Camilla? Just curious since she'll be on the banner next and not terribly impressed by my 5* Camilla.

Firemind

I want an archer on a pony. It's weird that there are generic enemy archer cavalry but no hero units.
Rath believe!

I also hate that there are no distinctions between pegasus and dragon knights beyond pegasuses have swords/lances and dragons have axes.

MANUELF

Banned
What is better about Minerva compared to Camilla? Just curious since she'll be on the banner next and not terribly impressed by my 5* Camilla.
I love mine, she murders mages and blues like no one business, too bad about those pesky archers

Sushen

I love mine, she murders mages and blues like no one business, too bad about those pesky archers
Yeah, because of archers, the level becomes no fly zone and/or I need to baby her to keep her alive which I don't do with any other units.

PK Gaming

Minerva has a legendary weapon (Hauteclare) which is crazy strong and has a Killer Weapon effect. Her stats are better across the board (barring resistance), and she already comes equipped with Life and Death, which is a pretty solid skill for her (though I feel that Fury 3 is better)

Minerva has a legendary weapon (Hauteclare) which is crazy strong and has a Killer Weapon effect. Her stats are better across the board (barring resistance), and she already comes equipped with Life and Death, which is a pretty solid skill for her (though I feel that Fury 3 is better)

oh wow I actually checked cause this seemed silly

but nope, Minerva has +3 HP, +1 attack, +1 speed, +4 defense in exchange for 9 resistance LMAO

Suddenly I'm glad I have a Minerva lying around. I always thought she paled in comparison to Camilla. I really just need to level a bunch of characters and take stock of what I've got! Maybe this weekend!

Shinypogs

I took some time off after the voting gauntlet and came back to madness. My team is in shambles I don't know what to inherit to who and I got free femcorrin after finally upgrading my old one to 5 *.

Cerium

Feathers came in, muh Nino is now 5* and holy shit leveling her is a snap. She murders everything and I mean everything in one round. Pairing her with some dancers and she'll be 40 in no time.

Now I need my Michalis bonus feathers so I can start feeding her heroes. Desperation and Moonbow to start with. Will make her even more hilariously broke.

ggx2ac

Crazy attack and speed with Hauteclere being a powerful killer weapon.

If I ever get around to giving her skills to use on her own and not with other fliers:

Minerva

Hauteclere
Draw Back
Luna Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
Threaten Speed

If I gave my current Minerva Fury, she would have really good defense and resistance. Threaten speed would help to make up for the loss of +2 speed difference with Life and Death.

My Minerva with Fury would have 50 attack and 40 speed would mean that Desperation would help to ORKO enemies before they get to attack me. (Plus, I have Eirika for Hone Speed if need be.)

Of course you could try to do something similar with Camilla but, with her Brave Axe you lose 5 speed so it's hard to be faster than most enemies.

Ninferno

In regards to SP transference, you are right that it doesn't get transferred when merged, but if you are lucky enough to get another Minerva with better IV, I think she will still be worthy to trained up. In that case, from now until the supposedly April update, you use your existing Minerva, give her whatever skills you want to make use of that 1300SP and enjoy it for now. After the April update which enables inherited skills to get carried over when merging, you merge your old Minerva to this new one with better IV. Sure, you will still need to spend SP to learn these transferred inherited skills on your new Minerva, but a fresh 39 level-ups should still give you lots of SP to help with that, as long as you are clear what you want to get. Iote's Shield for example, only takes 200 * 1.5 = 300 SP.

Cerium

Of Robin(m), Tharja, Nino, Chrom, and Cordelia, who is worthy of five star status? I have 20K feathers and I'm itching to use it.

Not enough information. With the advent of Skill Inheritance virtually any character can be viable with enough work. People are creating All Flier teams, All Cavalry teams, all kinds of madness going on. I'm personally building a Nino team (which is a very specific type of team) but that's only because the components fell into my lap.

Not enough information. With the advent of Skill Inheritance virtually any character can be viable with enough work. People are creating All Flier teams, All Cavalry teams, all kinds of madness going on. I'm personally building a Nino team (which is a very specific type of team) but that's only because the components fell into my lap.

Based on the meta and best overall stats are there two different choices or does one of the choices stand confidently as both?

Ninferno

I also hate that there are no distinctions between pegasus and dragon knights beyond pegasuses have swords/lances and dragons have axes.

Which is pretty much also the case for almost every mainline FE game except Radiant Dawn (where dracoknights aren't afraid of arrows which is totally unfair)?

Pegasuses have generally higher Res while Wyverns have better Def so there's that as well.

Firemind

Based on the meta and best overall stats are there two different choices or does one of the choices stand confidently as both?
Really depends on your team composition and natures. I'd rather promote a lesser unit than a higher tier one if he/she has a near perfect nature.

Which is pretty much also the case for almost every mainline FE games except Radiant Dawn (where dracoknights aren't afraid of arrows)?

Pegasuses have generally higher Res while Wyverns have better Def so there's that as well.
Both start with lances so it doesn't make sense that dragon (sorry they're not wyverns) knights are forced to use axes.

I need to know at least what 5* heroes you have and which ones if any that you would prefer to use.

qBMD1su.jpg

Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't know that would be pertinent information. Of my five stars I almost always auto add Hector and Lucina.

Cerium

qBMD1su.jpg

Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't know that would be pertinent information. Of my five stars I almost always auto add Hector and Lucina.

Okay you actually have a lot of good shit. You have the components for a Nino team, if that's the direction you want to go, but her nature is relevant too (you want speed and attack). And if you're going with Nino you're probably not going to run Hector or Lucina (Eirika is Nino's partner in crime). We're going to need the natures of all the candidates to decide this. Use any of the various IV calculators out there and get back to us.

My instinct would be to run a vanilla team with Hector, Lucina, MRobin, and Kagero.

A little boring, perhaps, but should be very potent.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Are there any characters that are both high RES/DEF tanks (aside from male Robin and Effie)?
Robin is tanky mostly because of his type/weapon advantage.

I've found that Catria and Selena are pretty tanky. Nowi and Tiki are too, though they are obviously weak to Falchion. Then there's Hector. I think Minerva is fairly tough too.

My current team but I am thinking of making a Nino team specifically for defense but if she hits hard enough may use her more since hector is kinda slow and I don't have his wings of glory at 5* yet. My Nino is +Speed -defense I think. Who else goes with her.

Mupod

please tell me you just send home 90% of your units and you're not so lucky that 1 in 3 units you find is a top tier 5*. I'll just be here in the corner, crying.

Firemind

My current team but I am thinking of making a Nino team specifically for defense but if she hits hard enough may use her more since hector is kinda slow and I don't have his wings of glory at 5* yet. My Nino is +Speed -defense I think. Who else goes with her.
That's the perfect Nino nature but she's probably average in a defense team since the AI doesn't know who to buff.

Ninferno

Looks like nobody has posted Michalis's 5* lv40 stats so I might as well just do it:

fgQ2g-13dcXlZ5yT3cSyi-1pc.jpg.thumb_zpskge4ngpp.jpg

Looks pretty good, especially for something you get for free. A BST of 173 for a flier is top-notch. I'm definitely leveling up my 4* copy to lv40 if not just for the arena bonus. Judging from the past few GHBs, a flier with good Def could often come in handy.

Scum

That's the perfect Nino nature but she's probably average in a defense team since the AI doesn't know who to buff.

Oh! So Nino with +SPD -DEF is all good? Thank the heavens! I leveled mine, 4*, to lvl 40 without realising. looooooool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom