• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Previews are coming in

Monumma

From what i understood from the event in January it was less of a desynch problem and more of a joycon strap unplugging problem. Is it something different now?

Vitacat

If it turns out that all of them have the left joycon issue, then I'm thinking it's just a software bug that can be fixed without needing to replace anything.

jholmes

That is incredibly odd that the left joy-con is losing sync!

How came this wasn't an issue during previews?

I would say only about half the games in previews used joy cons and the ones that did were almost all for games where each player got one. The issue might only apply when using both joy cons as one controller, just a guess though.

If it turns out that all of them have the left joycon issue, then I'm thinking it's just a software bug that can be fixed without needing to replace anything.

Sounds like that could just as easily be a hardware issue given that they're built differently.

thefro

That is incredibly odd that the left joy-con is losing sync!

How came this wasn't an issue during previews?

Could be a lot more wireless interference in an office environment from various wireless access points/bluetooth devices than in a preview environment.

Couleurs

More proof the Switch is the ultimate party console; controllers desyncing gives you more time to socialize. Thanks Nintendo!

Some good news from Endgadget regarding Zelda:

"it also performed a lot better than it did at preview events, where I noticed stuttering and occasional slowdown while it was connected to the dock. I wasn't expecting much from the Switch's graphical capabilities, but there are plenty of moments where Breath of the Wild is just strikingly beautiful."

Apparently zelda isn't running too hot.

Quoting myself from above that says otherwise. Where are you seeing the negative impressions?

What kind of JC issues are people having? How often is it de-syncing?

From the few previews I've read, it seems to be only the left JC and it's only when you detach it from the system. When playing in "portable" mode with both attached, it does not lose sync.

maxcriden

From the few previews I've read, it seems to be only the left JC and it's only when you detach it from the system. When playing in "portable" mode with both attached, it does not lose sync.

Thank you. How about when in the grip? And how often is it happening?

Do any of your electronics not charge up to 100%? lol

Er, the laptop I'm on right this second is at 92% and has been plugged in for several weeks. You're saying that type of thing isn't normal?

So what I'm specifically noticing is that it literally stops charging when it gets to 73% and what's weirder than that, after going to bed and coming to check on the Switch in the morning, it was at 71%. And the thing was definitely docked since the whole time I was playing on the TV prior to going to sleep.

That is quite weird, but how long was it docked for? Was it several days? I think 70s is a lot lower than anything I've seen though.

Issues with one of the main features of the console? Oh boy.

7OPjtH9.png

Comet

If the issue can't be fixed with a firmware upgrade than yeah I think it's a huge problem especially since there's maybe 50 units out to journalist and there's multiple reports.

Ideally it can be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

I don't disagree. But we don't even know 1) what the problem is, 2) how widespread it is, and 3) if it's a quick fix or not. Hence me saying, calm down and just chill.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It seems like it was.

Go watch the GB 1-2-Switch video. I thought nothing of it at the time, but it seems to be the same issue.

I have been at 2 separate switch events and the total number of joycon was around 28 (going by memory), I spent a total of 8 hours playing and seeing a showcase of the console and nothing happened

So I would say that Italian preview units weren't affected by this issue

Which is strange, because it's not like there's any data connection when it's attached to the Switch.

So to me that seems like either a proximity issue or the dock interfering with the connection. But then the question becomes why it only happens with the left and not the right.

What a strange issue.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I haven't experienced any sync issues myself this week, but I haven't done a huge amount of Joy Con configuration-swapping and I haven't been able to try out any multiplayer (i.e. 1-2 Switch) yet. It makes a pretty great portable system, though:

http://www.retronauts.com/?p=1961

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Are these switchs already updated with the day one OS update? Would be interesting to know.

Which is strange, because it's not like there's any data connection when it's attached to the Switch.

So to me that seems like either a proximity issue or the dock interfering with the connection. But then the question becomes why it only happens with the left and not the right.

What a strange issue.

But the JoyCon charge while connected to the Switch don't they? There has to be some kind of "direct" communication there for that to happen.

Are these switchs already updated with the day one OS update? Would be interesting to know.

Nope! Every outlet I've checked in with said the update isn't available until launch day. Which is kind of annoying because it means no previews for eShop or confirmation of online features.

Top Bottom