• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incredibly Happy Game Music

bomblord1

Banned
Occasionally the mood hits me and I want to listen to happy music and say what you will but a large portion of my music consumption comes from game music.

I'm looking for examples of music in gaming that is happy to the point of it being almost too much. Something that feels like the Military attempted to weaponize the concept of happiness in the form of music. Something that borders on almost sickeningly sweet.

Just to set the tone here's my an example

Kirby Epic Yarn's rendition of Green Greens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxgNYuEehYo

This music just oozes happiness. I just imagining a little kid pecking away at the keys on the piano in the opening and then another one coming on the recorder to follow it up all the while with huge smiles on their faces.

ZiZ

Yoshi's Story main theme comes to mind.
Loco roco.
Katamari Damacy.

Can't post examples at the moment.

mclem

A few that spring immediately to mind:

* Damn near anything from Splatoon, but I'll say Calamari Inkantation
* Following Stanley (The Stanley Parable)
* Space Dance (Rhythm Heaven)
* Night Walk (Rhythm Heaven)
* Damn near anything from Katamari Damacy, but I'll say Katamari on the Rocks
* But I should also mention Sunbaked Savannah from We Love Katamari - a megamix of tracks from the first game... all rendered in animal noises.
* Level Select (Magical Puzzle Popils. Don't have a link to just that song, but it's about one minute in)

Dizzy-4U

The entire game is the embodiment of happiness

Ar2J656.jpg

Dizzy Land
Big Snowman
Sunset Rock

Bonus: Snowboard Kids 2 - Sunny Mountain

Top Bottom