• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Friday Fact

RocknRola

I need a rat bone for crafting an item, where the fuck can I reliably find rats?! I know that's probably an OT question, but I'm avoiding that thread like the plague for story spoilers.

Well, where I found rats was very much in "story spoiler" territory per say :p Not to say that they aren't found elsewhere, but I found them during a story mission ( a cool story mission at that). Not sure how far you are in the game, so I'm not sure if I can share and not spoil you.

panda-zebra

Fighting one thunderjaw for the override was tough, nowhere to scum it. But out in the world, from up on high, peeping out from behind a rock - too easy. Set one vs the other in the place where you find two was fun, sat in grass mashing triangle until it locked on to his toe!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Those are even easier. Exposed elemental canister and super high damage weak spots. They go down in 1 ice arrow, 6 sharpshooter arrows

Really? Thought they'd be harder than the Thunderjaw.

Also, for Horizon 2 I wanna be able to ride every kind of dino. I wanna ride a Thunderjaw into battle while blasting Manowars 'Battle Hymn' on Spotify.

KodaRuss

0 Thunderjaws for me so far. Just killed 3 stalkers though. They were tough,
especially since you cant easily scan them

RocknRola

Really? Thought they'd be harder than the Thunderjaw.

Also, for Horizon 2 I wanna be able to ride every kind of dino. I wanna ride a Thunderjaw into battle while blasting Manowars 'Battle Hymn' on Spotify.

Nah pretty easy. Even better when you finally
"know" how to tame them and use them against other enemies hehe
You just sit there and relax basically :p

I need a rat bone for crafting an item, where the fuck can I reliably find rats?! I know that's probably an OT question, but I'm avoiding that thread like the plague for story spoilers.

They are usually around bodies of water for me. But you gotta start scanning from pretty far away. Those fuckers will scitter off pretty quickly if you just walk up. Good luck!

pablito

I haven't beaten a thunderjaw yet but I tried while underleveled with the worst weapons and got it down halfway before getting one shotted. Next time I see one it's going down no problem.

Fighting multiple enemies is so much worse. Ran into this area after a story mission that had stalkers, stormbringers, snapmaws, and proximity mines. I was overleveled with purple weapons. So fucking hard.

Fun game.

ckohler

You know that underground ruin you fell in at the beginning of the game? Go back there. Lots of rats down there.

Go back to the ruins from the very beginning of the game, when you're a little kid. Tons of rats down there.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How about sales numbers? Not a fan of MAUs and Fun Alternative Facts.

Give me the good stuff. Did it hit 1 million? The Thunderjaw numbers dont give me confidence.

Mathieran

Banned
I killed my first Thunderjaw this morning. It was surprisingly easy although I was aided by a hunting party (all but one died). Just tear off its disc launcher and shoot the shit out if.

Aim for the neck if you can, it exposed a weak spot that was pretty easy to hit. Also exposed a weak spot on its head that I attacked when I couldn't hit the sides. Whole fight lasted maybe 5 min and barely got hit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Give me the good stuff. Did it hit 1 million? The Thunderjaw numbers dont give me confidence.
Only 47% of players have beaten the first Corruptor (based on Trophy data) and it's a long time after that before you can take down a Thunderjaw. You can't really extrapolate anything from these numbers.

ISee

Try the cave where you found the focus as a kid. Plenty of rats there.

I would be shocked if it didn't sell a million. Hell inFAMOUS Second did a million in a week or so. Same for Bloodborne.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I have maybe 50 Thunder jaws under my belt. I only play on the hardest mode, so they do give me good times. The only enemy i have trouble with is the sand robot. I hate that thing.

Wish it was a Friday Patch not irrelevant facts -_-

Am I dumb or is there no option to change sensitivity? Seems like a massive oversight.
Also I wouldn't mind them upping the AF and/or fixing the LOD pop in

SlimySnake

I would be shocked if it didn't sell a million. Hell inFAMOUS Second did a million in a week or so. Same for Bloodborne.
Yeah I'd be shocked too. Game's been sold out on Amazon for a while now. I am just curious. They did release the Infamous and Bloodborne numbers so maybe they are waiting a full month to release them.
Only 47% of players have beaten the first Corruptor (based on Trophy data) and it's a long time after that before you can take down a Thunderjaw. You can't really extrapolate anything from these numbers.

That's crazy. Some guy in the OT was bitching about not feeling the game and he hadnt even gotten to the proving yet lol. The corrupter is pretty much the 3rd mission in the game.

Odd, I've played well over 20 hours of the game (on Hard) but haven't killed a Thunderjaw yet. Just actually killed my first
Deathbringer
, which I thought was easier than I expected?

God dang this game is good though. I expect it's definitely over 1M sales, which is fantastic for a new IP.

Kaiken

Banned
Everyone post their Watcher kills and let's average out the number to find out how many copies the game sold!!!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
These games didnt have the competition Horizon had tho'
Past few months have been stacked

Those games also didn't have a 50 million plus user base to draw from let alone the kind of marketing push Sony gave this game.

SlimySnake

I've killed 3 Thunderjaws. Disc launcher wrecks them.

Freeze them before grabbing Disc Launcher to do 3x damage lol.

I am done with the story but i might log in today to see how fast I can take down a thunder jaw.

My first try on the way to meridian took nearly 30 minutes but after dying a few times i remembered the disc launcher trick from the E3 demo in 2015 and beat him in under two minutes. Let's see if i can take him out in less than 30 seconds.

I killed 1 Thunderjaw. How many % would that be of the total? :p

Even on easy it took quite some time to kill it. Just dodgedodgedodge and use hard arrows, fire arrows and bombs and it should go down.

Nah, hard arrows on its disc launchers or tearblast. Then grab the disc launcher as it falls to the ground and light him up with it. Repeat if necessary. Usually it won't be.

BETA.

Neo Member
The first encounter with the Thunderjaw for me was intimidating, but they're actually pretty easy to take down. If you have the tearblaster, they're extremely easy, just start with blasting off their disc launcher, blast off the tail and side armor and it will go down easy.

My most difficult encounter was the corrupted rock breakers - that was a pain for the first couple of tries and even when I figured out a strategy it took awhile to fight and take them down - that was with the aid of some snapmaws, too.

Top Bottom