• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of FIghters XIV: Vanessa DLC Trailer

rzdxrk.gif

whew.

VariantX

Fuck. I actually want to buy this game, then the DLC literally just to play her. Its been way too long Vanessa, way too long.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Vanessa lives a double life as a housewife and a mercenary agent. She is highly skilled in boxing and is able to KO her opponents with ease. Her husband and kid don’t know anything about her secret activities.

Vanessa's Hubby is ALIVE in this timeline?! Man, kill a white hair'd guy with flashkicks and green powers, and everything goes nutty. (Or this is just a weird translation?)

Man sof ar they've been 3 for 3 with these reveals. The 4 characters I would've wanted the most (outside fo new faces) to be dlc would have been Whip, Yamazaraki, Vanessa, and Shingo. Let's make it 4 for 4 SnK.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Maybe she remarried? i wonder if she'll have dialogue to shed some light

Hope so. I always figured Vanessa got into this way of life because of losing her dear husband. If he's still around, or she's gotten re-mairred, that'd bring some changes to her pants character, surely.

I used to think her and Seth were an item, when first introduced... hope to see him acknowledged somewhere within all this.

Will suck that she is married since her relationship with Ramon is really funny

She never seems interested, but always toys around with him. I don't think her being tied down will make her any less attractive to him, haha.

Really hope we get a special intro between them.

BadWolf

Vanessa's Hubby is ALIVE in this timeline?! Man, kill a white hair'd guy with flashkicks and green powers, and everything goes nutty. (Or this is just a weird translation?)

Very interesting, I wouldn't mind the change tbh.

Will suck that she is married since her relationship with Ramon is really funny

Wasn't it always just one sided on his part? On her end it looked like she would either tease him to make fun of him or discourage him at other times.

BadWolf

So, guys ?

- Looks solid after the graphical upgrade
- Huge and fantastic cast even without DLC
- Gameplay and mechanics are tight
- Combos are way, way easier than in XIII
- Balance is solid overall, especially for a cast of this size
- Post release support has been top notch from SNK, lots of updates and quick responses and fixes to issues

AmyS

- Looks solid after the graphical upgrade
- Huge and fantastic cast even without DLC
- Gameplay and mechanics are tight
- Combos are way, way easier than in XIII
- Balance is solid overall, especially for a cast of this size
- Post release support has been top notch from SNK, lots of updates and quick responses and fixes to issues

Thank you, sounds awesome. I noticed the price has come down from where it was about a month or so ago. Will pick it up this week.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's kinda fun that each DLC character has moves we still haven't seen (even Whip, who we've seen a fight with). I wonder if it's due to last minute polishing, a desire to NOT show everything the character has, or just because the moves don't exist / have been replaced in this game? Mystery, mystery...

----

On Vanessa's clothing, lace is such a common element to female clothing design... as are sheer, faux-nude areas. I don't find it distracting, since it's made out of muted colors, and it's a common compliment to clothes one sees daily, much like the shoulder-holes in Vice and Mature's outfit designs.

The only thing I like about her new pants is that they're not as "dull" as someone like Yamazaki, who is releasing as DLC alongside her. A lot of KOF characters have crisp, well-creased mono-chromatic pants, so giving her something that stands out a bit more is, in theory, welcome. Given the choice, I'd still probably prefer the solid color too, though. Thankfully, it's not like anything with her pants modeling keeps this from happening.

Considering how small a deviation her new stuff is from the old, I'd love to see them have the original as a freebie bonus with the character. Solid shoes, a non-lined pant texture, and making her shirt a solid white, without lace, shouldn't be too hard, or even costly.

OmegaDL50

How is this game, safe to buy? I've been really tempted to get KoF XIV ever since the graphical improvements.

Most of the complaints levied towards this game have always been about the visuals, but even so that still did not change the fact that the gameplay of this game has always been solid. There has never been an unsafe point to buy this game.

Mechanics are similar to KOF 98 although the MAX system is closer to 2002 with Climax Supers basically being the equivalent to the NEO MAX supers from 2002, the only difference in this case being you don't need Red health to execute a Climax, you need either 3 full gauges outside of MAX mode or 2 gauges in MAX.

If you want a new KOF game that plays like KOF then you really can't go wrong with XIV. Regardless of peoples opinions on the looks of the game. Gameplay wise it's is undeniably KOF at it's core and that really all that counts from a playability standpoint.

Momentary

Banned
So?

He's generally well liked actually.

Most of the responses on forums to him being the final character are very positive.

I'm grossly exaggerating and mainly looking at it from a businessman's perspective as to what will bring in more money. Compared to other characters, he's no where near as popular. Hopefully some top dog in the company likes Shingo as much as I do.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
YESSSSSSSSSS, BEST CHARACTER RETURNS!

I thought the ass shot was a bit tacky, reminding me of Palutena's reveal trailer. Can't deny how mesmerising it looks in gif form though. Not the worst thing in the world, makes me glad Falcoon isn't in charge. Probably would've opened up her shirt more, increased her bust size and made her jiggle.

Never forget what Falcoon did to Blue Mary in KOF MI Rev. A.

yagal

Vanessa lives a double life as a housewife and a mercenary agent. She is highly skilled in boxing and is able to KO her opponents with ease. Her husband and kid don’t know anything about her secret activities.

MILF?
7LpDuLb.png

Yaqoub

That throwback to her KOF2000 fierce loop infinite has to be among the deepest I've seen from a dev in a long time. Absolutely love it.

Not a huge fan of her new look but it's still Vanessa. I'm in :D

Top Bottom