• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

your earliest exposure to sexuality in a game (whether it was intended or not)

Phantasmagoria is honestly the earliest example of in-game sexuality I witnessed/noticed (the rape scene). I don't believe it crossed my mind prior.

rcr-5.gif

Esura

Banned
My earliest exposure has to be...pretty much any fighting game in the early 90s. But more specifically...

Sakura Kasugano

vljpc.gif

This is when I also learned of other uses for the pause button.

Either I was sheltered, or I just didn't care about that kind of thing enough as a kid to remember, but I can't recall any moments like that. Not even moments where I became attracted to some random voluptuous game character.

The best I can remember is some fan-made Evangelion dating sim on Newgrounds where you can see nude scenes of the characters after beating it. I was like 12 or 13 when I played it, and I knew nothing about anime or Evangelion. The reason I now like Rei from the series is actually because of that game...

Some of Fear Effect really did it for me when I was young. At the same time, though, I remember it as so disturbing...like, so disturbing that I would actively avoid it even if I felt some draw to play it again. Miserable, in someways. I can't say why exactly. The combination of the cartooniness and grusome violence, perhaps.

Neiteio

Playing OoT as a sixth-grader, I always wanted to jump the counter in the Bombchu Bowling Alley and boing the purple-haired chick.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I was gonna say Leisure Suit Larry III, but actually I think it was some R-Rated text adventure.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Q-Bert.
images

Gaping hole, snake, two balls, etc.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
51E0DM2PTKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Never actually played the game, but I remembered seeing it advertised in the Chips & Bits catalogs in the back of PC game mags.

Along with games that had hilarious titles like "Duke Screw 'Em."

What is this?

It's from the original EGA Leisure Suit Larry 1 from 1987:

Leisure_Suit_Larry_1_EGA.png

Leisure%20Suit%20Larry%201%20-%20in%20the%20Land%20of%20the%20Lounge%20Lizards_5.png

And this would me my pick too.

there was also a remake too with VGA graphics and a point and click interface (the original used a terminal command interface).

lsl1vga025.jpg

Though honestly , despite the lack of colour, I always preferred the female portraits of the original. The remake had a bit to much of a air brushed look for my liking. There's just something I preferred about the animation-styled single banded shaded look. :p

Top Bottom