• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

p5d.jp & p5u.jp domains registered by Atlus on April 18

Fancolors

Also: why do people think an enhanced port of P5 is inevitable, in a world where they can just add new features and content through patches and DLC? This isn't the PS2 era.
I imagine people are referring to a version with all the DLC included when they are talking of enhanced ports that come a few years after the original release.

I'd gladly play another fighting and dancing game, but I would skip the story this time around. Going into Arena I was excited about the prospect of spending more time with those characters, but by halfway through Ultimax, I found myself wishing I hadn't played them lol. (Though it was at least partially worth it as Labrys' story was pretty fantastic; it was a pleasant surprise that the P3 crew was given more interesting material than 4's.)

Well that's foreboding. I've literally put off playing the game for 2 days to give myself a cool down period as it's all I've been doing after work since it came out.
I'm at a point that I feel like I'm saying the light at the end of the tunnel. But everything from after the 4th palace to the end of 5th one, has been quite disappointing. I've heard that the game will become much better after that, so I'm powering through to get there.

I'm at a point that I feel like I'm saying the light at the end of the tunnel. But everything from after the 4th palace to the end of 5th one, has been quite disappointing. I've heard that the game will become much better after that, so I'm powering through to get there.

Don't expect too much tbh. Post palace
the game becomes an inconsistent slog. Kept the game from being a masterpiece. It's unfortunate because the first half was so strong.

SerRodrik

I could go for playing a fighting game as Makoto. And with the phantom outfits, there would be a little more visual diversity than in P4 Arena, where most of the characters were wearing variations on the same uniform.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
How would a Persona 5 dancing game even work?

It worked for Persona 4 because there was a lot of pop music. Hell Persona 3 would be a better choice for a dancing game than 5.

I'm not sure there are that many tracks are all that dancable despite how great the OST is.

Now a new fighting game on the other hand I cant wait to play.

Don't know what genre they should do. Ultimax should happen even if I didn't care for previous entries because it's got a fan base that would appreciate it. Not sure what other genre they could do but another rhythm game shouldn't be the first choice.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I welcome P5 spinoffs but am still hungriest for a definitive Persona 3. Lots of improvements from P4G and P5 can be rolled back into P3 and then they'll have the whole trilogy packed up and ready to be re-released on various platforms for decades to come

I've never understood how they expect people to be max-hyped about the P3 manga and P3 movies/anime and P3 concerts and P3 crossovers in PQ and P4A while leaving it a challenge to actually acquire and play P3 in the first place

Edit: I am confident that I am the first person to ever have this opinion

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Don't expect too much tbh. Post palace
the game becomes an inconsistent slog. Kept the game from being a masterpiece. It's unfortunate because the first half was so strong.

Everything after dungeon 4 takes the game from one of the best RPGs of all time to the best game of all time flat out.

The Persona Tactics dream is dead. :(
Ah well, more mediocre spin offs, hope that doesn't become the thing until Hashino finally decides to return to the series, they need a new series director for the mainline Persona games.

Phu

Banned
Persona 5 Ruby?

A red-colored item of value

Yeah, but nobody really uses ruby outside of it being a color or gem.

There's no ruby ranking, or ruby standard, or describing a moment or memory as ruby [rubius? I don't even think there's a form of the word that can actually equate to gold > golden]. That's why I liked the Golden name so much, like yeah, this is the golden version of P4. I'd still like it for the subtitle to at least have some kinda connection to the theme of the game or something and be the same kind of adjective as before. Heck, I'd take Red Alert over just Red since you could connect it to the ever increasing stakes in the game.

EDIT: That'd even work for the palace system when you finally get the target on edge and the whole place shoots up to 99%.

Astral

If there is a Persona 5 DAN I hope it just doesn't have a fucking story. P4DAN's story was pointless and stupid as fuck.

I welcome P5 spinoffs but am still hungriest for a definitive Persona 3. Lots of improvements from P4G and P5 can be rolled back into P3 and then they'll have the whole trilogy packed up and ready to be re-released on various platforms for decades to come

Edit: I am confident that I am the first person to ever have this opinion

Definitely not the first and definitely not the last.

I would love P3D to be a definitive Persona 3 for Vita or Switch with a bunch of improvements and add-ons.

On that note, I'd totally be okay for them to make the switch their new Persona machine with a collection like that. The Vita has been good for 1-4, but it won't cut it for P5.

Toki767

I am curious how they could even do a dancing story for Persona 5.

At least with Persona 4 they had an in with Rise being an idol.

Eylos

Banned
Yeah, but nobody really uses ruby outside of it being a color or gem.

There's no ruby ranking, or ruby standard, or describing a moment or memory as ruby [rubius? I don't even think there's a form of the word that can actually equate to gold > golden]. That's why I liked the Golden name so much, like yeah, this is the golden version of P4. I'd still like it for the subtitle to at least have some kinda connection to the theme of the game or something and be the same kind of adjective as before. Heck, I'd take Red Alert over just Red since you could connect it to the ever increasing stakes in the game.

EDIT: That'd even work for the palace system when you finally get the target on edge and the whole place shoots up to 99%.
Red Alert in games is related to command conquer

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
God imagine how good the remixes for the P5 songs would be

Want a P5 Dancing on Vita and PS4, and a fighting game on PS4, then a P5 similar to P4G on PS4, Vita, and maybe a switch port for those who want it

Ultimadrago

Give me the updated rerelease and I don't give a fuck about any of the spin-offs.

Same. I would hope that it's not stuck to the fucking Vita this time though. That prevented me from playing P4G until I just didn't give a damn anymore. I'd prefer it to be released on a home console.

Phu

Banned
If there is a Persona 5 DAN I hope it just doesn't have a fucking story. P4DAN's story was pointless and stupid as fuck.

With the P4 spinoffs they tried to make everything make sense in the overall canon but tbh I don't care if my Persona dancing games actually happen. It's nice that Atlus wants everything to tie together and make sense but I don't think any of the side stories hold up particularly well to the core game. I'm cool if the spin-offs are 'what ifs'.

Who said I was? I was just saying they don't put games on systems strictly due to how fast it's selling. Also Vita hasn't been discontinued yet..

P4G started life as a PSP title though, which is how it ended up on vita. I don't see P5Crimson or whatever ending up on Switch though, at least not exclusively. There's no point going exclusively with a competitor with your updated rerelease for your software that just broke all your records.

I'm sure switch will get some form of persona game, ala Q on 3DS which did well enough, but I don't know that it'll be persona 5.

Who said I was? I was just saying they don't put games on systems strictly due to how fast it's selling. Also Vita hasn't been discontinued yet..

In Japan the Vita is selling well, but in the west it is essentially dead. Not to mention the Switch is legitimately stronger and better suited to P5 than the Vita.

It doesn't hurt that the Switch is doing well worldwide, while the Vita is spotty at absolute best outside Japan.

In terms of sales, they'll likely sell more if they release the updated version on Switch -
a growing system - than otherwise, that simple.

duckroll

I know p5r is probably "Persona 5 Red," but I would be all about a Fast & Furious style car heist game with the Persona 5 cast. So much potential there!

I enjoyed the Persona 4 spin-offs even though they got ridiculous, so I am not complaining about any of this.

Persona 5 Ruby?

A red-colored item of value

I guess they could go with "Persona 5 Ruby," but I associate Ruby with Pokemon. I've definitely been thinking of the inevitable enhanced remake as Crimson.

Also: why do people think an enhanced port of P5 is inevitable, in a world where they can just add new features and content through patches and DLC? This isn't the PS2 era.

It's Persona 5 Robbery. :p

In Japan the Vita is selling well, but in the west it is essentially dead. Not to mention the Switch is legitimately stronger and better suited to P5 than the Vita.

It doesn't hurt that the Switch is doing well worldwide, while the Vita is spotty at absolute best outside Japan.

In terms of sales, they'll likely sell more if they release the updated version on Switch -
a growing system - than otherwise, that simple.
So does the enhanced version not go on the original system it released on?

Squishy3

The Persona 5 soundtrack does not suit a rhythm game at all... Christ.

A new Arena makes sense. Wonder if they'll be gentle with the 3/4 cast crossovers like P4A Vanilla was, or if we'll get most of the Investigation Team from the get-go.
Most of the songs in P4DAN weren't from P4's OST anyway, it was all remixed/rearranged stuff. They'd probably do the same thing for 5.

They should actually make P5D a rhythm game if they're making it though, P4DAN's a bad rhythm game because it doesn't actually follow the beat of the track, you're instead effectively playing another instrument. Also bad scoring/clear system. You can get a really good score on the song, but if you mess up at the end you can fall below the threshold for clearing the song and there aren't enough notes left in the song to let you clear.

Top Bottom