• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

I'm now using a larger over the ear pair (TDK somethings) that I had and found fit nicely and don't slip but have also used various in ear sets.

Wow flying through space playing Megaton Rainfall with the Interstellar soundtrack
whew.png
whew.png
whew.png

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to stream until they patch / update it next week with all the fixes they are working on?

Mission mode is unlocked after you beat the game, but it restricts you to the powers available during that mission in the story :/ i also would like an Endless Mode where enemies keep spawning in random cities. (and the possibility to turn off casualty limits)

But it's quite the chore replaying it on Hard even when you can't skip the cutscenes.
If you guys want in pm me discord name number

Endo Punk

Don't feel comfortable with Gaf anymore and looking forward to Resetera.

Can I get a discord invite so I can relive another project beast in the future 😮 it's not just PSVR right? It's PS gaf on the whole?

Endop #3303

MattAces

Don't feel comfortable with Gaf anymore and looking forward to Resetera.

Can I get a discord invite so I can relive another project beast in the future 😮 it's not just PSVR right? It's PS gaf on the whole?

We're handling PSVR GAF only. For SonyGAF you might want to try other thread, I don't have any authority there.

Glad to see this community is still here (for now) hopefully we can all carry on this awesome PSVR community, on here or where ever we all end up.

Been playing Megaton Rainfall the last few days to keep me busy with GAF going down, awesome game, love the sense of scale it has and being able to fly around in VR adds a whole new level of immersion to the game.

MattAces

Glad to see this community is still here (for now) hopefully we can all carry on this awesome PSVR community, on here or where ever we all end up.

Been playing Megaton Rainfall the last few days to keep me busy with GAF going down, awesome game, love the sense of scale it has and being able to fly around in VR adds a whole new level of immersion to the game.

discord name number please!

Podge293

Sorry if its been answered somewhere obvious (and not for just googling) when is PSVR v2 out and should i just wait for that if im only going to use it very sporadically

It is a ton of fun for sure :) im just waiting on those Raw Data patches to start playing it. 1.00 is rough...

Grinchy

Banned
It'll still be here as long as people chime in with their experiences

I've been playing a shitload of Fantastic Contraption lately. Anyone else tried it?

It kinda works as more of a table-top version of the PCVR game. So instead of it being a giant structure in front of you that you walk around, you are building things in front of you on a smaller scale. It works really nicely.

Felensis

Banned
Finished The Invisible Hours and platinum'ed it right away. Aside from the slightly blurry graphics it was a thrilling ride and a great experience. Highly recommended and well worth the money! Took me ~10hrs to finish it.

Afterwards finished Fated in about 1hr. Got it since it looks interesting and was only 4,99. Looks good and was fun with some very good VR experiences (swinging blades, giant), but hardly worth the money for such a short trip even though it's production value holds up.

Now I'm back on finishing the Farpoint SP campaign. Beat the queen yesterday. Hoooooly shit was that intense! Can't wait to finish this brilliant VR game. Playing it with the Aim controller is GOAT.

I want to try Theseus. It looks decent and I'm into greek mythology ever since God of War. How's the consensus about this game?

Not moving to resetera?

So this thread is getting nuked as well due to people leaving???

Just a heads up to everybody, this thread won't get nuked and I won't be moving to any new website until I see what its all about.

I'll continue to update as things go along but obviously if people like Matt or the frequent posters don't post it won't be the same so I understand if people wanna leave.

As the Captain of this ship I will remain on it even if it sinks.

CyberChulo

Just a heads up to everybody, this thread won't get nuked and I won't be moving to any new website until I see what its all about.

I'll continue to update as things go along but obviously if people like Matt or the frequent posters don't post it won't be the same so I understand if people wanna leave.

Aye matey. I'll sink with ya!

CEJames

Finished The Invisible Hours and platinum'ed it right away. Aside from the slightly blurry graphics it was a thrilling ride and a great experience. Highly recommended and well worth the money! Took me ~10hrs to finish it.

Afterwards finished Fated in about 1hr. Got it since it looks interesting and was only 4,99. Looks good and was fun with some very good VR experiences (swinging blades, giant), but hardly worth the money for such a short trip even though it's production value holds up.

Now I'm back on finishing the Farpoint SP campaign. Beat the queen yesterday. Hoooooly shit was that intense! Can't wait to finish this brilliant VR game. Playing it with the Aim controller is GOAT.

I want to try Theseus. It looks decent and I'm into greek mythology ever since God of War. How's the consensus about this game?

Playing on a Pro? or do you know if the game is Pro patched?

I've been playing a shitload of Fantastic Contraption lately. Anyone else tried it?

It kinda works as more of a table-top version of the PCVR game. So instead of it being a giant structure in front of you that you walk around, you are building things in front of you on a smaller scale. It works really nicely.

Yeah great game, not played it in a while now, but noticed they did an update recently, so you can rotate the level during gameplay. Have you tried, does it help the game flow better ?

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah great game, not played it in a while now, but noticed they did an update recently, so you can rotate the level during gameplay. Have you tried, does it help the game flow better ?

I booted it up for the first time with the patch, so I had no idea that was a new feature. I don't even honestly know how I could have played it without that rotation lol

My biggest complaint about the game is that it seems like it struggles sometimes, performance-wise. Like in the level select menu and in some levels, I think the game starts going to a really low framerate and reprojecting.

Are games allowed to do 45fps to 90fps reprojection on psvr? I've never played a psvr game with as much jitter and ghosting as this game when the performance falters.

CyberChulo

Initially I didn't think much of Megaton Rainfall because of the DS4 implementation. But after I got my 4th power I was immersed as the true savior of human kind!

Initially I didn't think much of Megaton Rainfall because of the DS4 implementation. But after I got my 4th power I was immersed as the true savior of human kind!

Yeah, i hope Move aiming for both hands gets properly implemented :D but it does work with the dualshock too for now.

ffvorax

In my hopion is the best moment of the game, then it go back to mostly boredom... a bit of a disappoint for me Farpoint, its saved mostly by the Aim Controller, that is fun to use and works fine.

Taker666

My big issues with it are control and the quality of 3D depth.

There was supposed to be head tilt to turn control ala Eagle flight (which is way more intuitive and immersive for flying) and it really does seem to be mainly wrap around 2D as opposed to true stereoscopic 3D. I really hate the way the hands of the character are just flat and not real replicas of your own hands like most VR games have.

fbutron

Thanks for that we cannot loose the community and all the value PSVR information, I cant wait for the impatient and currently playing GT VR

Shame I would like to play all the game on VR despite graphics quality issues

Top Bottom