• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ramyeon

390 to 400 is a tough grind. At 392 now after spending a bit in Archon's Forge, some Heroic Strikes and rank up packages. I have a feeling this is going to take forever though.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
390 to 400 is a tough grind. At 392 now after spending a bit in Archon's Forge, some Heroic Strikes and rank up packages. I have a feeling this is going to take forever though.

its easier once you rank up to 395

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What? I think it's more the heat than the food.

Anyway. Train. First is the worst, second is the best, third is the one...

lt519

Who is Trav. Suddenly I have 100+ people on fr I never seen before. This train is on a roll.

Rarbusto here, we're absolutely rolling, last one got a bit sweaty, mayhem is weird on widows court.

Wooooof except that match got damn, without fail everytime I blade danced I got panic havoc'd

The milks gone bad

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We won still. If you barely lost to a red bar, its still a win. If you lost badly to a red bar, blame Luke. I hope there is a thing to tell who is on wire or wireless. Then you can filter that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No. No netduma ever since I got a new PC. I'll hook it up once I'm not lazy or something.

Good train. Always good to have a full train.

Sanjay

I have access to
Destiny
• Expansion I: The Dark Below
• Expansion II: House of Wolves
• The Taken King

Is it worth spending £19.99 to buy Destiny – The Collection just to play Rise of Iron.

I'm currently level 20.

How many missions and content is there in Rise of Iron? I also plan to get Destiny 2 and move to that game once its out.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The boss encounters will drop rewards for both versions of the raid when playing on the hard version.

If you're talking about the chest rewards specifically in WotM be careful to open the corresponding "Heroic" chest rather than the Normal one.

What's to talk about (that we aren't talking about on Discord)?

You get both normal loot and heroic loot from heroic mode if you haven't already done normal mode— a roll on each loot table for each encounter.

Thanks guys, I know where I was going wrong now. Had a 400 sidearm at the postmaster which was the Heroic drop. Luckily I didn't open the Heroic chest so I'll be redoing Vosik again for a chance to get those spliced boots.

How many missions and content is there in Rise of Iron? I also plan to get Destiny 2 and move to that game once its out.

It is 5 or 6 story missions, and one new strike (though 4-5 revised strikes). The raid is fantastic if you have a group for it. You also get access to all the current end-game stuff (strikes, four raids, choice in PvP).

If you are only level 20, do the Taken King stuff and see if you enjoy it. Rise of Iron is a similar level of polish (except writing), on a smaller amount of content.

Hoodbury

Finished leveling up a Hunter subclass; that was my last trophy besides flawless raid. So close to the Plat, need to finish it before D2 comes out.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wouldn't mind an invite to Discord as well ladies. Seem to have lost all my servers since last using it. 😥

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We almost beat a team four to six.

I know we have our problems with Destiny but based on what I see and hear Overwatch is worst when it comes to playing with randoms. I don't understand people leaving when the match isn't over. Today was really rampant.

We almost beat a team four to six.

I know we have our problems with Destiny but based on what I see and hear Overwatch is worst when it comes to playing with randoms. I don't understand people leaving when the match isn't over. Today was really rampant.

I play Overwatch too. Yes, the randoms there are way worse. More casuals playing just for fun and doing all kinds of things like ignoring the objectives. When you have a good team though, it's pretty fun.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's one thing not to play the game right because lack of experience but it's another thing to idle, leave the game early, commit suicide for some reason, etc. And if you check their stats, of course it's more with people who don't play the game as much.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope they design the maps better. No more crossroads.

My new setup lets me stream and record the game better. I can enhance the look kinda like emulation. I know there is a way to make it look 60fps but I'm too lazy and it's all just for show.

Nova corps shall continue. Was getting way too tired at the end.

fygtytyy.gif

Gragen

So I was on a mission to solo 390 CoE and I did it. That Cabal boss and his 3 shielded minions were an epic pain in the ass, though.

I've never got much into the match making debate but that mode for sure needs it.

rezn0r

So I was on a mission to solo 390 CoE and I did it. That Cabal boss and his 3 shielded minions were an epic pain in the ass, though.

I've never got much into the match making debate but that mode for sure needs it.

Every time I've gone to solo that and given up, it was because that boss was in that week. Agreed on the matchmaking too!

My new setup lets me stream and record the game better. I can enhance the look kinda like emulation. I know there is a way to make it look 60fps but I'm too lazy and it's all just for show.

I'm working on my streaming setup as well. Waiting for Destiny 2 to come out since my Raid team has stopped playing. Tried streaming using LFG and that was not the best plan.

For now I just attempt to stream PUBG , Rainbow Six or Demons Souls.

Finally got the book to 100% last night, so minus some occasional PVP I'm done with D1. Bring on the beta!

I'm right around there, too. I like PvP enough to keep playing that, but other than that, I think I'm done with Destiny 1 and that's OK. I'm ready for the Beta and Destiny 2.

I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to order my shirt.

every time i enter a non-community destiny thread i end up wanting to dunk my head in an acid vat after reading one page

I've definitely felt that too. People who only played a little bit of Year 1 just chripping away. I just ignore them now. That's also why I chat in here.

Shiv47

every time i enter a non-community destiny thread i end up wanting to dunk my head in an acid vat after reading one page

There are people who were burned by Destiny almost three years ago now, and they will never let it go. There are people who never played it who hate it. It's become some kind of weird thing for these people, and it is what it is. I stopped trying to understand it (or reading Gaming side Destiny threads) a long time ago.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The 44 OTs is testement to something being done really right, people don't seem to say that in non-community threads though.

My favourites are the drive by hate posters who never played the game but seem like they need to put a kick in...so weird, I don't get why you would do that for a game you haven't even played lol.

The 44 OTs is testement to something being done really right, people don't seem to say that in non-community threads though.
Most of DGAF's posts are LFG anyway... /s

Kidding aside, I don't pay attention to Gaming side's Destiny (2) threads because most of them consist of pure shitposts.
For all its (huge) faults, Destiny 1 is my most played game this generation and one where I found an amazing online community: DGAF. <3

Juan

My favourites are the drive by hate posters who never played the game but seem like they need to put a kick in...so weird, I don't get why you would do that for a game you haven't even played lol.

Well, you get called a shit-poster if you ever criticize Destiny while actively being a part of the community, especially when it comes to Destiny 2, so even if people can hate Destiny for what it is, I find the community to be overly protective toward this game and, sometimes, blinded by its majesty.

Mindlog

Well, you get called a shit-poster if you ever criticize Destiny while actively being a part of the community, especially when it comes to Destiny 2, so even if people can hate Destiny for what it is, I find the community to be overly protective toward this game and, sometimes, blinded by its majesty.
A community that has very frequently voiced its disillusion with Bungie with much more hatred.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on this. This community has spared no quarter when it comes to criticizing Destiny, and Bungie's decisions regarding it. I don't agree with your assessment at all, and I've been posting here from day one.

Juan

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on this. This community has spared no quarter when it comes to criticizing Destiny, and Bungie's decisions regarding it. I don't agree with your assessment at all, and I've been posting here from day one.

Criticizing the game's mechanic (loot system, RNG, rewards, etc...) and what the game is (like, let say when people are calling D2 a DLC for D1) are two different things. Destiny community have been vocal when it comes to make the game better and pointing what was wrong in the first place (even talking about ghost bullet).

Didn't say the community never gave criticizes about Destiny, just that you can be called a shit-poster if you disagree with what the community is already complaining about and complain about something else.

Actually, the comunity is quite vocal about Destiny.
You should come here every time there is sandbox changes, nerfs, changes to play or raids, just to mention a few. Im not even going to mention changes to PvP.
And this are the people that play the game daily.

Mindlog

Actually, the comunity is quite vocal about Destiny.
You should come here every time there is sandbox changes, nerfs, changes to play or raids, just to mention a few. Im not even going to mention changes to PvP.
And this are the people that play the game daily.
That's part of the issue. The community thread typically plays out very differently than gaming threads.

Top Bottom