• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's Leaking Now? Trump Declassifies CIA Program Randomly on Twitter

Syriel

Can't tell Trump anything.

In his latest "Washington Post sucks" rant, it seems he inadvertently confirmed a classified CIA program.

Yes, it had been reported on in the past, but it was classified and no official has ever gone on the record as even admitting it existed.

Until now.

President Trump appears to have declassified a CIA program to arm Syrian rebels in a series of tweets attacking the Washington Post Monday night.

"The Amazon Washington Post fabricated the facts on my ending massive, dangerous, and wasteful payments to Syrian rebels fighting Assad.....," President Trump wrote, calling the Post's stories "Fake News" and accusing the paper of being a "Lobbyist for Amazon and taxes."

The program, which the Obama administration initiated in 2013, has always been classified, with U.S. government and military officials declining to ever confirm its existence on the record.

A CIA spokesperson declined to comment on the status or existence of the program. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Source:
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...t-declassify-secret-cia-program-tweet-n786381

Declassify me if old.

jelly

I wonder if they deliberately don't tell him stuff. Would be against their job I suppose but it's Trump.

If there was any Area51 stuff then clearly Trump doesn't know about it because we haven't got some bullshit about building a wall around the Earth.

i just want someone to hack his twitter account and post "Steve Bannon is a lizard in disguise and the CIA is hiding the fact that the earth is flat" and just bail out

kmax

Does Trump give a fuck about anything?

We all know the answer, but it's terrifiying to know it's the most powerful man on Earth.

Kyzer

Banned
They probably didnt tell Trump about the aliens theres probably a super level of classification clearance that presidents only get after proving they can be trusted for a few years, duh

Fergie

Banned
Trump002.png

Syriel

All you have to do to hide information from Trump is put it in text longer than a single paragraph.

And if you want to get information out of him, all you have to do is get him flustered.

Tell him he doesn't know anything, and he's wrong. He'll be desperate to show you how much he "knows."

Worked for the Russians when they visited the White House. ;)

Does Trump give a fuck about anything?

We all know the answer, but it's terrifiying to know it's the most powerful man on Earth.

This is what happens when you give billionaires power. I thought history would have taught us by now. Or if not by history, at least by fucking Game of Thrones.

Neoweee

This is what happens when you give billionaires power. I thought history would have taught us by now. Or if not by history, at least by fucking Game of Thrones.

The money people in Game of Thrones are some of the only people with any goddamn sense. Tywin and Tyrion Lannister, and the Iron Bank, are the ones that usually don't do really stupid things without end.

Ketch

This will go over really well with Syria, Russia, and turkey. Good thing our relationships with those countries isn't critically important right now

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Reporter: "Trump, can you tell us what you plan to do about the illegal aliens in this country?"

Trump: "We will continue to keep them locked up in Area 51. As they have been since the Roswell crash."

Reporter: "I meant the people that cross the border..."

If any President is going to spill the beans on something serious enough that'll start a nuclear war, it's Trump.

Edit: Some of you don't sound like you're joking when you're mentioning Area 51, lol.

Rookhelm

so how did everyone know about it, despite it being classified and no one admitting to it?

do these things just get out all the time?

They probably didnt tell Trump about the aliens theres probably a super level of classification clearance that presidents only get after proving they can be trusted for a few years, duh

Didn't they make a quip in the original Independence Day movie that the President is only a civilian and that's why he was never told about Area 51 etc.?

It would be so much fun! Just hearing the President of this country talk about false conspiracies and lies on him and he starts blaming Area 51 for something ridiculous!

If that were to actually happen it'd be great but I just can't imagine Area 51 being a real thing...or at least, I can't imagine Area 51 actually having any sort of proof of aliens. I think aliens are a very possible reality, but I don't think we're going to have any proof of them existing for centuries, if not longer.

jimmypython

I thought everyone knew this?

yes but it was from "sources" before. now the man officially declassified and confirmed it, whether or not intentionally.

his actions would seriously have people killed. talking about unfit to the office.

Top Bottom