• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Last Chance Trial Thread: It's your last chance, seriously.

Nioh-logo.png

Beat up the Ogress and get your reward.
20170118-nioh-02.jpg

Beat the twilight mission and get the Alpha and Beta rewards.
20170118-nioh-03.jpg
20170118-nioh-04.jpg

Post your experience and some fancy gifs!

RAWRferal

Downloading now, missed the alpha and beta, as a huge Souls fan and having liked Team Ninja's games over the years I'm feeling the hype!

I was planning on playing this but life hit me. I mean I've already put 40 plus hours into the Alpha and Betas. I just hope they haven't changed it that much or at least fixed some of the weird gameplay changes they did Alpha to Beta. High stance getting Low stance's ki regain was just odd.

I wasn't a fan of the alpha, didn't try the beta, but I'm really enjoying this demo. Is this basically as close to the final game as it's gonna get?

Hystzen

Also people trying demo first time dont give up. It takes a while but when it clicks you will breeze the levels it has a rough start adjusting to gameplay

I didn't play the 2nd trial, but this feels slightly easier than the first trial. It's still crazy brutal though.

I just got into a habit of using the low stance all the time and doing some mad combos and then pressing R1 to get my Ki back. Feels easier than having to press R1 after every attack on high stance.

I was planning on playing this but life hit me. I mean I've already put 40 plus hours into the Alpha and Betas. I just hope they haven't changed it that much or at least fixed some of the weird gameplay changes they did Alpha to Beta. High stance getting Low stance's ki regain was just odd.

People are saying they went back to the way the alpha handled ki

What the hell? I opened a chest
and a mushroom headed Yokai popped out and then turned into a mirror image of me and I had to fight myself.

aravuus

From the other thread:

So what am I supposed to do when an enemy starts comboing the shit out of me? Can't dodge, don't really think I can block anything either.

I just stand there, stunned.

burgerdog

Any idea if this has the pro enhancements? I'd love to check myself but god dang work won't let me for another 8 hours!

Peltz

I missed the previous chances to try this game. But I'll play it this time for sure. Downloading.

How long will access last?

Sayad

From the other thread:

So what am I supposed to do when an enemy starts comboing the shit out of me? Can't dodge, don't really think I can block anything either.

I just stand there, stunned.
I think stun-lock duration is armor dependent, so get better armor I guess!

Mesharey

Can I coop through Twilight missions or is it just for regular levels? I feel like I'll get my ass handed to me.
Was possible on the previous demo, so I think it's possible here.
Any idea if this has the pro enhancements? I'd love to check myself but god dang work won't let me for another 8 hours!
Yeah, it has, didn't play it yet but I read that.
so I should play the asian demo on my Asia account? can I play it on US account?
You can use your US account, but if your game is Asian then you need the Asian demo, the account doesn't matter, there are rare games that lock the content on the account though.

Edit: to make it clear, play the Asian demo on your Asian account, when the full game launches you can use your US account and you'll have the rewards.
Hopefully it's better now. XD

dan2026

Ok I am well confused on the accounts/unlocks thing.

I need to play and unlock with the demo that matches my account region right?

Ie US account = US demo.

aravuus

I think stun-lock duration is armor dependent, so get better armor I guess!

I'll look into it!

It's kind of delightful to play a new Souls-like game where I know absolutely nothing about anything lol. I already miss i-frames, but we'll see if I can get into this for real. Right now I'm just kind of stumbling around and dying a lot.

drotahorror

Ie US account = US demo.

Same.

Even though no one replied, I assume I have to download the EU demo if I want to play right this second.

So if I play the EU demo on my NA account, I will not get any rewards if I buy the NA version of the game, is how I'm reading it.

Mesharey

Ie US account = US demo.
Yeah, because usually the EU game will open the EU store and your account is US so the store will not open.

Fisty

Dropped the alpha after about 30 min, never played the beta, then saw someone play it and that lock-on now keeps you focused on the person you're locked on to and felt stupid for skipping the beta.

I'll grab those masks. Probably won't get around to actually playing the game till next year but I will get those masks

Was possible on the previous demo, so I think it's possible here.

Yeah, it has, didn't play it yet but I read that.

You can use your US account, but if your game is Asian then you need the Asian demo, the account doesn't matter, there are rare games that lock the content on the account though.

ok thx

Mupod

I didn't have a lot of time for the alpha, and I had no time for the beta. But my weekend is pretty freed up so it's time to git gud.

Is it easier or harder relative to the alpha? I got my mark of the conqueror but it wasn't easy for me.

hichanbis

Banned
I won't because I don't want to spoil myself and keep things fresh for the release.
I already finished the alpha, and played a bit of the beta so I'm already sold on the game.

Sayad

I'll look into it!

It's kind of delightful to play a new Souls-like game where I know absolutely nothing about anything lol. I already miss i-frames, but we'll see if I can get into this for real. Right now I'm just kind of stumbling around and dying a lot.
Low and mid stance dodges still have i-frames, might be weapon dependent, not sure, but generally there's a lot of i-frames stuff in the game.

Dual swords has an ability which make it so if you get hit at the first frame after your low stance dodge i-frames ends, your character will automatically do another invincible dodge and not take damage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsf_YflN6vo

aravuus

So I guess I should be doing that Ki pulse thing kind of all the time.

Low and mid stance dodges still have i-frames, might be weapon dependent, not sure, but generally there's a lot of i-frames stuff in the game.

Dual swords has an ability which make it so if you get hit at the first frame after your low stance dodge i-frames ends, your character will automatically do another invincible dodge and not take damage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsf_YflN6vo

Oh really? That's good to hear, maybe it's possible to spec your character to have a lot of them, too. I recall reading Nioh has no i-frames so I was a bit concerned.

Top Bottom