• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

UrbanRats

I like Kim, but she doesn't seem to stray away enough from what Saul has been doing, to warrant a whole show.
Maybe a x episodes mini series.

Even Mike had to be a secondary character to Saul's story, because there just wasn't enough to tell about him.

With that said, they invented a LOT of stuff for Jimmy, that wasn't implied with his Saul persona in BB.
Which is why many were just expecting a comedy, out of his spin off.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gould echoed what he told Deadline at the end of the season: Jimmy McGill’s eccentric attorney brother Chuck (Michael McKean) is dead, having perished in a fire he started at his house in the last episode of season 3.

“We try not to screw around with the audience where ‘you thought it was this, but it’s now that’,” said Gould, “To build up the way we did and not have consequences, it would be a wet cracker.”

One wish that Odenkirk expressed for a future episode: “We have to meet Lalo,” said the two-time Emmy winner who won for writing on Saturday Night Live and The Ben Stiller Show, “I want that monologue to mean a lot.” Odenkirk was referring to the time when we first met Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad: He’s kidnapped by Walter and Jesse and taken to a desert grave that’s been dug for him. Goodman begins begging for his life (“Oh, no, Lalo, please don’t do it!”). Wired magazine revealed that they spotted the name Lalo on a corkboard in the Better Call Saul writers’ room earlier this year. “We have to earn our Breaking Bad crossover moments on the show,” said Gould.

Said Gould about how much more Better Call Saul we can expect, “I would rather have it end too soon, then go on for too long."

Source

Today I noticed that Chuck and Jimmy were both on Space Ghost Coast to Coast in the same season almost 20 years ago.

JcHv8EU.png

PGjF8nM.png

No idea how well sourced this is, but Deadline notes that BCS S4 won't air until September next year.
AMC’s Better Call Saul also will not air a new cycle of episodes in time for the eligibility cutoff informed sources told me this weekend. The plan at this point for the series is not to debut again for its fourth season until September, 2018. Although it was blanked at last night’s ceremony it was nominated for eight Emmys including Outstanding Drama Series and Lead Actor for Bob Odenkirk, and has been in those same categories for each of its first three seasons.

Is this normal? Seems like AMC isn't too confident in the series to approve the next season so late.
Don't worry about it. It will get as many seasons as they need. The delay this year was in part due to the departure of two Sony TV execs, and they had to wait on the new brass to come in and approve the renewal. It's not a concern. Enjoy the show.
THR interview said:
We know you're not ending the series here. We know the show does well for AMC. What is the holdup on the official renewal for a fourth season?

Gilligan: Honestly, it's obviously not a secret that Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht left Sony TV and there's just a little bit of reorganizing going at Sony, but the ship, there's still folks at the tiller and and it's just a matter of … Who the f— knows? (Laughs.) It's gonna be fine. The timing was a bit unfortunate in that there's a little bit of stuff up in the air over at Sony, but it'll all get worked out. A couple of good guys left Sony, but there's a lot of good people still at Sony and it'll all get worked out. We're going forward with the certainty that there is gonna be more and it's just a matter of logistics as to when, exactly, it gets going. We're not worried. I say that having absolutely been worried in the past. I'm [not] worried at all right now. We're gonna forward. There will be a season four. The only question is when will it go on air.

Top Bottom