• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 Rumors: French Magazine with Kazunori Yamauchi reveals...

Sirolf

Doom_Bringer said:
Do you use a USB interface for the scanner? Try unplugging the USB cable from the computer and jacking it into another USB port. My scanner was having some problems and I did that and it started working!

No it is really broken :lol (My son shoot it ).
I will try to make some quick pictures with my cam hold on !!(But the pics are really small!!)

Greg

Sirolf said:
(But the pics are really small!!)
At this point, most people would take whatever you have.

Hell, people still go nuts when someone takes a picture of GT:HD and posts it. :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pimpwerx said:
Shit. Maybe the full library of cars and the 12-20 car fields are for Classic and not Premium. If Premium is gonna remain a single-car affair, then they might as well can it. Sorry, but that's just bait and switch, IF IT'S THE CASE. No point in jumping to conclusions just yet, but I'm not getting the OMG vibe anymore. There's a bit of consternation now. Anyway, I'll wait and see. I'm hoping for the best. I want to see some pics, dammit. PEACE.

Sony would be stupid to go with the Premium thing because the game would have much less impact on release, it wouldn't be as marketable, especially outside the hardcore gamer base.

Sirolf

Ok here they are :)

98168925420070527201432.jpg

86950182320070527201455.jpg

108734838020070527201526.jpg

114126005220070527201549.jpg

Really sorry for the quality :(

Sirolf

Forsete said:
Those are not so bad. :) Thanks.

Hmm, looks like The Ring has gotten a nice facelift.

Really this scan don't do justice to the actual picture.
Colors and details are washed out :p

Greg

Sirolf said:
Really sorry for the quality :(
Nothing to be sorry about, I appreciate the pictures!

The interior is ridiculous in that last picture...oh, how I love Polyphony. :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
Well, that confirms it. I have to start budgeting for a wheel for once this game comes out. I've never owned such add-on before.

Gek54

LJ11 said:
Admittedly, I totally forget about TOCA. Wasn't it 30fps? Regardless, if Polyphony can pull all this off, with a newer/faster physics engine, 60fps, and with the same graphical fidelity as GT:HD I will tip my hat. Even if the graphics only manage to match Forza 2, with most of these features in tact at 60fps, I will take it in a heart beat.

Nope, TOCAs on the PS2 were all 60fps with full reflections and cockpit views too.

Gek54 said:

100 percent sure

GTHD scratched the surface

with cell doing physics.. and blu-rays storage cap... its going to be >>>>

they dont really have any limits

how many tracks will forza 2 launch with? like 9?

what a nightmare

JoeMartin

Phoenix Down said:
100 percent sure

what a nightmare

lol, fanboyism at its finest.

Simply having the cell processor doesn't mean that physics are going to be amazing. Poly has to program the physics engine, which, mind you, hasn't been their strongest suit in previous GT's, especially compared to Forza's.

I don't recall T10 ever saying that DVD9 was a limiting factor in the development of the game either.

Don't get me wrong, PD makes an amazing game and I fully expect GT5 to look and play amazing, but I also fully believe that Forza will always be a better simulator than GT will.

On that note, the interiors look amazing. What I'm concerned about is how long it's gonna take them to get this thing out the door. By all means, PD should take as much time as they need to, but christ, with all the content they're trying to push they could be competing with Forza 3 instead.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
GTHD PREMIUM + LOGITECH G25 GET, as soon as it comes out for sure.
why turn it into a comparision, Play both games and enjoy them both, like me :)

womfalcs3

Banned
Phoenix Down said:
100 percent sure

what a nightmare

I agree that the PS3's game will be greatly superior, but GT:HD is not a precursor for anything. It's just a gimmick to make a PS3 owner feel better once he/she first turns on the console.

GT5 will be incredible. It'll crush the current standard and form a new one.

Physics in GT has been terrible. It doesn't feel like the gravitational acceleration is anywhere near 9.81 m/sec^2.

JoeMartin said:
lol, fanboyism at its finest.

Simply having the cell processor doesn't mean that physics are going to be amazing. Poly has to program the physics engine, which, mind you, hasn't been their strongest suit in previous GT's, especially compared to Forza's.

I don't recall T10 ever saying that DVD9 was a limiting factor in the development of the game either.

Don't get me wrong, PD makes an amazing game and I fully expect GT5 to look and play amazing, but I also fully believe that Forza will always be a better simulator than GT will.

On that note, the interiors look amazing. What I'm concerned about is how long it's gonna take them to get this thing out the door. By all means, PD should take as much time as they need to, but christ, with all the content they're trying to push they could be competing with Forza 3 instead.

first of all im not fanboy..i own both consoles. but i know quailty when i see it.. and any sim game that looks like a damn cartoon.. isent a Sim in my book...

and I do recall an article on xboxic which was later taking down.. the Forza devs basically said DVD9 was limiting.. and in all reality it is... No one can deny that...

from all this developer's talk on cell first party and third.. its very clear that the 360 cpu doesent even come close to matching it

and we all know PD is known for getting the most out of a gaming system

"Poly has to program the physics engine, which, mind you, hasn't been their strongest suit in previous GT's, especially compared to Forza's."

look at the system they were developing for... ps2... how to you expect a physics heavy game out of that? think about what your saying

womfalcs3 said:
I agree that the PS3's game will be greatly superior, but GT:HD is not a precursor for anything. It's just a gimmick to make a PS3 owner feel better once he/she first turns on the console.

GT5 will be incredible. It'll crush the current standard and form a new one.

Physics in GT has been terrible. It doesn't feel like the gravitational acceleration is anywhere near 9.81 m/sec^2.

its a precursor on there GFX talent... it seems they applied very little effort in the Demo... and it looks damn near photo realistic

JoeMartin

Metalmurphy said:
I also hate how people criticize keep GT physics just because its harder, or less arcady...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QiC9LVp7adY

Artificial difficulty has nothing to do how realistic the physics model is, and that video really proves absolutely nothing; physics behind car racing can't be expressed through watching a movie, it has to be felt.

GTHD PREMIUM + LOGITECH G25 GET, as soon as it comes out for sure.
why turn it into a comparision, Play both games and enjoy them both, like me

Oh I fully expect to. If there is one game that would push me to buy a PS3 it's GT5.

FightyF

Banned
Forget about physics...well not really...but there should also be a focus on AI.

I mean, I was thinking that GT5 shouldn't even include other racers on that track. It should be a time-trial game like GT:HD.

With news of damage being implemented...it should play less like bumper cars though...but they need to approach the AI like in FM, where each driver has their own unique AI and own reactions to events.

JoeMartin

Phoenix Down said:
its a precursor on there GFX talent... it seems they applied very little effort in the Demo... and it looks damn near photo realistic

GTHD is a glorified graphics tech demo. By all graphical merits you're right, it looks absolutely phenomenal, from lighting to models; damn near photorealistic.

Put 7 more cars on screen and give me a next-gen track, as well as a complete, robust physics model, and really good AI, and tell me the game is going to hold stable at 60 FPS with the same graphical fidelity. Throw in dynamic damage and weather. Are they going to render all 400+ cars with the same exacting detail they have for the GTHD cars, what about the new cockpit view?

first of all im not fanboy..i own both consoles. but i know quailty when i see it.. and any sim game that looks like a damn cartoon.. isent a Sim in my book...

Owning both consoles doesn't exempt you from being a fanboy. And WTF @ Forza looking like a cartoon?

Phoenix Down said:
and I do recall an article on xboxic which was later taking down.. the Forza devs basically said DVD9 was limiting.. and in all reality it is... No one can deny that...

Pull it up please?

from all this developer's talk on cell first party and third.. its very clear that the 360 cpu doesent even come close to matching it

[beatdeadhorse]Oh please, sure Cell is theoretically more powerful, but not as significantly so as you're letting on. Even then, its so much harder to push that much power out of the Cell compared to Xenon. The fact of the matter is that they are both very close in real world power.[/beatdeadhorse]

and we all know PD is known for getting the most out of a gaming system

"Poly has to program the physics engine, which, mind you, hasn't been their strongest suit in previous GT's, especially compared to Forza's."

look at the system they were developing for... ps2... how to you expect a physics heavy game out of that? think about what your saying

No, I don't expect a physics heavy game, but what physics they do apply I expect to accurately represent real life, and PD didn't do as good a job as they could have with that.

Forza 1 seemed to nail it pretty well and they weren't exactly working with the creme of the crop either. By all accounts and spreadsheet data, EE was supposedly the superior processor, but we all saw how that turned out. Ease of use can go a whole lot further than raw power.

DISCALIMER FOR YOUR PROBABLE WEAK ARGUMENT: In no way am I putting down the Cell as a capable processor. My point is that it's hard to work with and that often translates into performance that actually lands far below its theoretical factory numbers. I am also not doubting the talent of PD. They are a very talented studio and I expect GT5 to be amazing, but they also aren't exactly the physics/gear heads that the guys at T10 are. As I said before, GT5 will be great, but I don't think it will be as good a racing simulator as Forza is.

@ JoeMartin

^^^ Cell is hard to work with.. I never heard PD say that..

depending on who you ask.. determines if cell is hard or not

NG sigma dev.. said it wasent and a couple of others

plus PD is first-party... they prolly know cell more then most developers

JoeMartin

Phoenix Down said:
@ JoeMartin

^^^ Cell is hard to work with.. I never heard PD say that..

depending on who you ask.. determines if cell is hard or not

NG sigma dev.. said it wasent and a couple of others

plus PD is first-party... they prolly know cell more then most developers

:lol :lol :lol

Your logic is flawless. You win.

Madman

JoeMartin said:
GTHD is a glorified graphics tech demo. By all graphical merits you're right, it looks absolutely phenomenal, from lighting to models; damn near photorealistic.

Put 7 more cars on screen and give me a next-gen track, as well as a complete, robust physics model, and really good AI, and tell me the game is going to hold stable at 60 FPS with the same graphical fidelity. Throw in dynamic damage and weather.
I think you are underestimating PD and/or the PS3.

RavenFox

Banned
JoeMartin said:

Put 7 more cars on screen and give me a next-gen track, as well as a complete, robust physics model, and really good AI, and tell me the game is going to hold stable at 60 FPS with the same graphical fidelity. Throw in dynamic damage and weather. Are they going to render all 400+ cars with the same exacting detail they have for the GTHD cars, what about the new cockpit view?

-So you mean to tell me Kazunori is lying on this venture?

[beatdeadhorse]Oh please, sure Cell is theoretically more powerful, but not as significantly so as you're letting on. Even then, its so much harder to push that much power out of the Cell compared to Xenon. The fact of the matter is that they are both very close in real world power.[/beatdeadhorse]

-No they are not. Cell is the beast of the two. Why are you in denial about this when it has been said and proven time again.

No, I don't expect a physics heavy game, but what physics they do apply I expect to accurately represent real life, and PD didn't do as good a job as they could have with that.

-dude take a nap your tripping

Forza 1 seemed to nail it pretty well and they weren't exactly working with the creme of the crop either. By all accounts and spreadsheet data, EE was supposedly the superior processor, but we all saw how that turned out. Ease of use can go a whole lot further than raw power.

-lol some devs want 60fps and accurate car models and handling and other want 30fps and crashes. I mean PD tossed it up and they went with what they good do best with the hardware they had.

DISCALIMER FOR YOUR PROBABLE WEAK ARGUMENT: In no way am I putting down the Cell as a capable processor. My point is that it's hard to work with and that often translates into performance that actually lands far below its theoretical factory numbers. I am also not doubting the talent of PD. They are a very talented studio and I expect GT5 to be amazing, but they also aren't exactly the physics/gear heads that the guys at T10 are. As I said before, GT5 will be great, but I don't think it will be as good a racing simulator as Forza is

-PD is way beyond T10 in more ways than you know. You know you guys need to do some research before posting. Cell seems to be throwing alot more stuff around on screen and damn smooth too. Those spu's sure opening the eyes of quite a few devs lately. Only one handles the ocean algorithms in lair. think about that.

JoeMartin

Phoenix Down said:
pretty much... PD practically invented the Sim racing genre

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Any shred of credibility you had was just completely and utterly destroyed.

Console "sims" are a JOKE compared to the PC sim arena. Always have been, and for the foreseeable future, will continue to be.

Top Bottom