• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RN24: Nintendo opens free gameplay area in Japan’s Kansai International airport

Tripon

International airport closest to company’s Kyoto headquarters lets you start your Nintendo travel fun right away.

Japan occupies a unique position in the travel world in that both its traditional and modern pop culture strongly appeal to international tourists. So while some come to the country because it’s the land of tea ceremonies, samurai castles, and kimono, others hop on the plane for Japan because it’s the birthplace of video game publisher Nintendo.

The operators of Kansai International Airport, located in Osaka, are well aware that many of their arrivals, particularly younger travelers, were drawn by a love of Nintendo’s titles, and to get their stay in Japan started on a fun note the airport will be opening an entertainment area called Nintendo Check In.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/06/...-area-in-japans-kansai-international-airport/

While Nintendo Check In appears to be a permanent addition to the facility, to celebrate its opening special Nintendo decorations will be going up around the airport for a limited time. Nintendo promises that images of Mario and his pals will greet travelers as soon as they get off the plane, smiling at them from the walkways they pass through on their way to the general-use section of the building.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/b78f06f5-4f3e-11e7-8f53-063b7ac45a6d.html

00000695_820_461.jpg

00000695_01.jpg

00000695_04.jpg

00000695_05.jpg

00000695_06.jpg

00000695_07.jpg

00000695_08.jpg

Lime

Cool, free bacteria dispensers

public game controllers have kind of put me out with how greasy and dirty they are

Say people get convinced by all this marketing and they go buy a Switch but stores have no stock.

It seems to me that there is one fatal flaw in this plan.

Say people get convinced by all this marketing and they go buy a Switch but stores have no stock.

It seems to me that there is one fatal flaw in this plan.

People can buy games and overpriced accessories, in the hope that one day they can find a Switch. Worked for Zelda.

Why sell the console at all? There's no profit margin in it. Genius!

Top Bottom