• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

TheChaos0

Heck, even the creator of Squid Girl, Mashiro Anbe, is getting into it:

27e.jpg

She needs to be added in the game!
*Second picture is not by Mashiro Anbe.

Came into the thread expecting Ika Musume. Am not disappointed.

Platy

New Ip, unique art style, non violent, girl "protagonist" focus on everything even having the option to play as a boy.

This game is like tumblr's wet dream coming alive.

It totaly deserve every fanart it can receive

So this is where the sonic subculture is gathering now. NB4 pregnant octopi.

Nah, Sonic is totally furry while this is in the 10% range (can't be assed to find the chart right now). Totally different markets.

That being said, pregnant/inflation octopi is a very real possibility if it doesn't exist already. When the rule 34 scene jumps on something, they go everywhere with it.

Anyway, love the KLK fanart!

Let's just hope that the gameplay delivers. The Treehouse made this game look fun as hell, but at the end of the day the final verdict is when the game is played. It would suck if the game was as addictive or fun as it seemed. It has a huge potential for a unique fanbase.

Mexen

I just died and went to heaven. Omg! When I first saw Splatoon, I knew I wanted to play it but this thread has reinforced those feelings.

Crayolan

It's those eyes. Their stylized squid eyes are what make the squid people in Splatoon look so cool IMO, it just screams for fan art. And the fact that they look a lot more like people than squids, that helps too.

kitsuneyo

This thread is phenomenal. I can't wait to play this game. Why can't this be Holiday 2014, Nintendo has something great here.

Kater

Banned
Man, I wasn't that hyped for the game until I saw all the fan-art. Weird. Reverse Sonicism.

Fascinating!
In my case, I was hyped for this game since the announcement but the amount of fan art here makes me want to play this game even more.
I hope for a Q1 2015 release date

Top Bottom