• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Wait the embargo for reviews end one full day after release?
If there's an embargo, I'm guessing no one told WrestlingInc.com.

First review?

All in all, there were significant improvements and fixes to this game. Last year's edition was an all-time bad pro wrestling game, and WWE 2K16 is more than solid choice. I enjoy the realism of the game, but sometimes the gameplay gets too slow due to selling, which may end up being a good thing, since you can't spam German Suplexes anymore. I'd recommend this purchase, even if you were jaded by last year's terrible output.

Graphics- 8.5
Replayability- 7.5
Audio- 7
In-Ring- 8.5
Online- 8.5

OVERALL- 8/10
Full review: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1027/603156/wwe-2k16-review-major-additions-and-omissions/

Edit:

The review embargo on WWE 2K16 has just been lifted as of this morning
http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1027/603160/check-out-the-terminator-wwe-2k16-entrances/

dubq

Apparently this reviewer doesn't know the difference between DLC and microtransactions..

More Money

One of the most infuriating things about WWE 2K16 is microtransactions. After you pay 63 bucks for the game, 2K asks you to spend upwards of 30 dollars more for additional characters, moves, features and things of the like. That's just the way things are these days, but $100 for a complete game is a little too much to ask.

JdFoX187

Banned
Haven't tried it but I think it's god awful matchmaking slightly tuned to be less annoying.
Fucking Christ. There goes me buying the game. I've put up with a lot of the bullshit over the years because the game was fun to play with a friend. If we still can't set up our own lobbies, it's a waste of money. Ah well, maybe next year.

You can set up private lobbies now.

Biggest draw backs for online play are no entrances and you can't select what the computer AI will play as, it auto selects. Its annoying.

Hasney

Biggest draw backs for online play are no entrances and you can't select what the computer AI will play as, it auto selects. Its annoying.

Wow

ePpceIl.gif

Hasney

Read this elsewhere:

3-man Wyatt Family entrance is broken apparently. If you select Harper and Rowan as the tag team with Bray as the third man, Rowan comes out with the lantern and the fedora. Won't let you switch who does what motion like it did last year.

Striker

You can set up private lobbies now.

They had private matchehs last year.

The Team Up feature is similar to what 2K does for NBA. They can do 5v5 in teams in the court, and this must be their wrestling version of it. I suppose that's their answer at the moment to giving players freedom to play with friends and waiting for others to join.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Read this elsewhere:

3-man Wyatt Family entrance is broken apparently. If you select Harper and Rowan as the tag team with Bray as the third man, Rowan comes out with the lantern and the fedora. Won't let you switch who does what motion like it did last year.

Hahahahaha hope they keep this in

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did Baron Corbin vs John Cena and the commentators started talking at length about the Randy Orton and John Cena rivalry and its epicness.

So accurate commentary.

Apparently this reviewer doesn't know the difference between DLC and microtransactions..
Yeah, incorrect terminology, but his point is not wrong. This is exactly why I never buy the WWE games on day one anymore - and most of the time, not at all, because I've moved on by the time there's a price-drop. It's a broken, shitty system IMO.

adj_noun

So.

In the Renee Young interviews you pick from four options, each with extremely truncated summaries and, as far as I can tell, little to no indication about how they will affect your personality. No harm, no foul, though, right? I mean, you'd just pick the "nice" ones for face and the "mean" ones for heel.

Thing is, they're so generic a couple of times I've picked what seemed like a heel option and got a face option. Oh well, so I turn a bit more towards face, no big deal...

YOU HAVE TURNED FACE.

...well, crud.

So.

In the Renee Young interviews you pick from four options, each with extremely truncated summaries and, as far as I can tell, little to no indication about how they will affect your personality. No harm, no foul, though, right? I mean, you'd just pick the "nice" ones for face and the "mean" ones for heel.

Thing is, they're so generic a couple of times I've picked what seemed like a heel option and got a face option. Oh well, so I turn a bit more towards face, no big deal...

YOU HAVE TURNED FACE.

...well, crud.

So you play as The New Day?

Lashley

Think this might go on deal digitally for Black Friday? If not I'll probably get it this week if they patch that title defence in Universe

Just picked this up from Redbox.

I'll post Universe impressions in a little bit. That's really the only mode I play.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hello!

I just did a quick Mario CAW made with the "Cartoon head"
+ The Terminator entrance if you didnt see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERkSJLBamSk

Just a little video, hope you like it!

For Mario we will need a trick to cover the side and back of the Cartoon head... Maybe it will be only possible on PC... :(

Can we add more then 1 logo on a face/mask ??? I think not, but never tried.

P.S : Lol, i hope nintendo will not "bring down" my video lol.. I used 2 Sfx from mario too xD.

LUXURY

Anyone having issues getting into online games? My friend has been trying for a while now. We were able to play a private one last night but they can't seem to get anyone to connect to their public sessions.

First annoying thing I've come across is that PPV's can only be scheduled on Sundays and Rivalry's can only be concluded on PPV's.

No big Saturday night events for NXT in this game.

Read this elsewhere:

Just tried this.

LMAO

Dude in the Lamb Face mask is the one who comes out in front holding the lantern with the Fedora clipping through his mask. Then he sits in the chair and blows the lantern out.

Bray is just standing in the back looking like an idiot the whole time.

Jesus this is bad LOL.

EDIT: The worst part is that there is an option to change the motion casting for each person but it's greyed out and you can't select it!

Hasney

I actually think it didn't have custom soundtracks last year.

People seem excited it's back for last gen.

Oh shit, you're right. That's how we knew it wasn't coming to next gen because they were gimping it to help the next gen. Now they're out at the same time, they don't need to do that. Good going 2k.

It looks like they have completely removed the NWO music and Titantron from the game. Must be from wiping Hogan out of the game. Strangely enough they still left the nWo name as an option for created Tag Teams.

This makes me want to just keep playing 2K15 instead :(

Hasney

It looks like they have completely removed the NWO music and Titantron from the game. Must be from wiping Hogan out of the game. Strangely enough they still left the nWo name as an option for created Tag Teams.

This makes me want to just keep playing 2K15 instead :(

More like probably saving it for Scott Hall DLC.

narton

So I did some digging around and supposedly Custom Soundtracks were back in the 360 and PS3 version. But I'm playing the PS3 one and can't seem to find it. I've never tried it in the earlier games before. What would I need to do?

Think this might go on deal digitally for Black Friday? If not I'll probably get it this week if they patch that title defence in Universe

Probably not digitally... Took ages to get WWE 2K15 sales last year. Seems like most of their sales were just season pass bundles and DLC bundles.

styl3s

Anyone know what exactly the MyPlayer Kick Start does? It says it gives a boost but are talking like instant overall 100 boost? Unlocks everything for your mycareer superstar without having to grind?

Lashley

Probably not digitally... Took ages to get WWE 2K15 sales last year. Seems like most of their sales were just season pass bundles and DLC bundles.

Ah, sales are shit for it on disc in the UK, probably just pick it up digitally in the US region on my xbox or something

There are like no CAW parts in this game. Total lack of hair, logo,mask, face paint and attire options. Granted the last game I played in the series was 2K14

Top Bottom