• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 Reasons Women Are as Shallow as Men (According to Science)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracked

Why, you ask? I made a statement about women not enjoying male strippers as much as males enjoy female strippers, and I realize that this is where I got it from. So I decided to share the whole article. Enjoy, criticize, whatever.

Zeppu

I remember reading this. Cracked's articles are the best!

As it turns out evolution is the only one that decides what is attractive and what isn't.

Derrick01

Banned
when is having standards being superficial?

It's not. I wish both sides would just cut the bullshit and just admit they're not interested though.

It's kinda like those girls who say humor is most important in a guy. Most of the time that only counts if the funny guy looks like Brad Pitt or something.

What about chubby guys who don't want to date chubby girls?

I find it strange personally. Or the big girls who say they want an in shape man. I mean to each their own but if it meant that much to you, perhaps you should work out a bit. Just a thought.

Derrick01 said:
It's not. I wish both sides would just cut the bullshit and just admit they're not interested though.

It's kinda like those girls who say humor is most important in a guy. Most of the time that only counts if the funny guy looks like Brad Pitt or something.

I don't think so. If it weren't for humor I would be in trouble. I'm not the best looking person (by a loooooooong shot, lol) but I do ok dating in large part to having a personality which humor is a major component of.

Zeppu

We are not going to analyze in a serious tone a Cracked article, are we?

Well they do have citations for everything they say and it's usually an interesting read and fun conversation topic. I see no reason why you shouldn't write your dissertation on Cracked articles.

Angry Fork

I would date a fat girl if her face was cute/pretty (and personality obviously but that's with in shape girls also). I don't see the issue flab doesn't really gross me out or anything, I'm much more turned off by Kiera Knightly stomach/rib cage/collar bone area or Madonna arms.

ajim

That's called being unrealistic. And ditto for vice versa.

Got a mate like this, he weighs 150kg - big boy, and wonders why he can't get girls. He literally only approaches hot girls, or attractive, small girls. He turns his nose up and gives other mates shit for the 'average' girls they pick up, yet complains and whinges about why he cannot get a girl at all. It's so fucking annoying to hear it all the time. I tell him "Dude, you need to lower your standards", but he just won't.

Zzoram

Hey, well I guess I'm alri-

Ah nuts.

That should be obvious once you know anything about anatomy. Women have basically all of their nerves in the outer ~3 inches of their vagina. Going in deeper does very little for them, and if you poke the cervix you'll actually cause intense pain. However, stretching those first 3 inches more does a lot.

Got a mate like this, he weighs 150kg - big boy, and wonders why he can't get girls. He literally only approaches hot girls, or attractive, small girls. He turns his nose up and gives other mates shit for the 'average' girls they pick up, yet complains and whinges about why he cannot get a girl at all. It's so fucking annoying to hear it all the time. I tell him "Dude, you need to lower your standards", but he just won't.

Why chase after people you don't find attractive?

ajim

Thats all fine and dandy. However, if you're 150kg in weight, don't dress very well (or take care of yourself) you have no right to be complaining as much as you do about 'why girls don't like me' when you only approach hot girls and get rejected by them. He has had normal looking girls approahc him, or want to get to know him plenty of times but they're 'too fat' or 'have freckles' or finds some crazy excuse to put himself off them, unless they're young, hot and fit looking.

andycapps

He needs to lower his standards or start working out. You can't expect a skinny, hot girl to date you if you're overweight. I mean, there are probably a few out there that would, but the odds of finding them are slim.

I don't think the standards are the problem. I know a guy like this also, and the worst part is how he constantly whines about being forever alone or whatever. He's been hit on by people were a sociable and attractive, but not his "ideal mate."

Izick

Has this ever really been disputed? Most people for both sexes are shallow. I thought this was just basic knowledge.

ajim

He needs to lower his standards or start working out. You can't expect a skinny, hot girl to date you if you're overweight. I mean, there are probably a few out there that would, but the odds of finding them are slim.

He has close mates (myself included) that go to gym and have been trying to get him to go for the longest time - I honestly don't know why I still bother. The past 3 weeks we've been out he's like "thats it, im definitely starting gym monday", and then Monday comes and you can't get a hold of him, or he's like "na, not tonight". He's just a person that makes excuses for everything. He has mates that want him to go to gym (free entry at that) and people to motivate him, plus he wants nice girls, yet doesn't want to make any changes and is just too lazy. Hell, my GF is even sick of hearing his 'why don't girls like me' nonsense and saying he's going to make changes and go to gym almost every week.

marrec

Banned
Has this ever really been disputed? Most people for both sexes are shallow. I thought this was just basic knowledge.

I don't think anyone disputes it, but you know how Cracked articles are. As soon as there's enough pseudo-scientific/barely related studies to say something slightly controversial there will be a list.

To their credit, it will be funny.

But nobody should take a Cracked list seriously.

Darklord

Banned
That should be obvious once you know anything about anatomy. Women have basically all of their nerves in the outer ~3 inches of their vagina. Going in deeper does very little for them, and if you poke the cervix you'll actually cause intense pain. However, stretching those first 3 inches more does a lot.

So you're saying strap a sausage to each side of my penis and I'll be the ultimate sex machine.

Acidote

I think I understand the writer perfectly

It's not necessarily a wealth question, it's like a woman being given a choice between going to a guy's basement and watching him play Xbox or going for a walk in the park. It's free either way, one is just really lame.

Those park walks, how lame can they be! :p

Ultimadrago

in before WomenGaf.

You have been warned.

I don't think anyone disputes it, but you know how Cracked articles are. As soon as there's enough pseudo-scientific/barely related studies to say something slightly controversial there will be a list.

I was too late.

Izick

Yeah, they usually are entertaining.

Those park walks, how lame can they be! :p

You know, because you're either a piece of shit loser that plays Xbox (not even 360, the guy is such a piece of shit living in his mother's basement that he can't afford to even buy a 360) or you're the perfect boyfriend that takes long walks in the park whilst massaging your SO's feet and singling love serenades, this is on the weekends when you're not saving orphans and shelter puppies.

iCEy89Z0tk9lr.gif

Hyperbole, this is your life.

That's called being unrealistic. And ditto for vice versa.

Dude haven't you ever seen any sitcom ever? It is always a fat dude with a thin wife. ALWAYS.

Yeah, there's generally a grain of truth in some of their points. But if you read whatever paper they source you'll find that 99% of the time they are exaggerating the claims. Sometimes you'll see them just totally misunderstand the paper.

Yes god forbid I'm not interested in a woman who gets winded walking up the stairs, or even if she has an amazing personality will die at 50 from a heart attack.
I don't have a problem with people's opinions about what they do and do not want in their partner, but be honest why. You don't actually give a fuck if said woman is going to die at the age of 50 or not nor do you give a fuck if she is winded if she were to walk up a flight a stairs.
If I were to find you a woman that has heart issues but looks like a model, you wouldn't care. Be honest with yourself or else you'll make the exact opposite impact that you intended with a post like this.

But anyway, I agree with the article and it's something I've said a million times. Men are shallow AND women are shallow, but just in different ways. Neither men or woman generally are interested in someone that will treat them right and be supportive at first, but if they do (after the initial allure), it's ok with them. Well, actually, sadly, thanks to manipulation and the desire for an Alpha Male that some women can't get over, it's women that are more likely to dump a nice guy than the other way around. So, actually, despite being really shallow, men may be slightly less shallow in the end. Maybe that wasn't the case in the 1950's but it's probably the case now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom