• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rising Storm 2 Announced (Tripwire Interactive, PC, Set during Vietnam War)

Panda Rin

Just announced on the PC Gaming Show!

0qlohem.png

E3 2015 Trailer

HiTdnl6.png

k249REv.png

Erheller

I really enjoyed Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm. The trailer doesn't look like it's a very polished, but that's sort of reassuring in a way. RO2 and RS certainly weren't polished games, but were amazing at getting the gritty tone right, promoting teamwork, and balancing completely asymmetrical factions.

I hope there's something equivalent to banzai charges in RS2.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So this is where In Country went. More Red Orchestra the better.

In Country is different from this, that team is doing their own thing and releasing a standalone game later. Nothing to do with Tripwire. This is the team that did the initial Rising Storm.

Damn, you popped your own dude @ 16:10, lol.

It looks good though. Finally another nam game!

if you pause it you can see chunks of his brain lol the dismemberment is really well done.. i have seen legs and heads fly in different directions when someone gets hit with an RPG or a grenade.

Can you control helicopters and tanks in the game?Or is only infantry?

yeah you can control helicopters in game but as the pilot i was having an incredibly hard time to take people out with missiles or to spot them. i haven't tried the co-pilot seat yet.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Hi folks!

I am bumping this thread (with permission from mod funky papa)

My name is Mike and I am a Producer at Tripwire for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. We are currently in closed beta and I have a few closed beta keys to giveaway, for those that may be interested. If interested, send me a PM and I'll chat with you further.

If you'd like to follow RS2: Vietnam updates, then by all means you can follow me on twitter @tripwire_stone along with @tripwireInt

Thanks for your support and we'll be chatting again soon!

Best,

Mike S
Producer
Tripwire Interactive
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

legacyzero

Banned
What?!

YAAAAAASSSS

[TW]Stone;228171051 said:
The keys have run dry but keep checking back. You never know! :)
Hook me up please!

Also, is there an NDA at all? Good stuff for my YouTube Channel

kagamin

Damn, I'd have asked immediately if I'd known, but I'll stick around because you never know, really excited for this.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, I'll certainly take a key when available, love me some Vietnam action. Back to Killing Floor 2 :p

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
[TW]Stone;228176661 said:
Thanks for the interest folks :)

Be sure to sign up for the BETA at: http://www.rs2vietnam.com/ (bottom of the screen, enter your email).

I appreciate your interest!

Best,
Mike

Hi,

I applied for the beta in the website but if you have keys don't bother me to have one for next time you have :)

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
I have a few more keys to giveaway for the closed beta! Please PM me if interested with your email address. Your email address is only required so we can notify you when each beta wave goes up and down.

Thanks!

Did someone say beta code? PM if ya got one going. I'm still on the wait list!

Super interested to see how a helicopter is gonna handle in UE3.

I'm a big R02 fan so semi disappointed it's not a whole new thing with a new engine charging them beaches in WW2.

Oh well!

demolitio

Can't wait for this since I liked RS more than RO2, and Vietnam games are so rare that it's always exciting to hear one is coming out, let alone a sequel to RS. Maybe I'll make an OT for RS2 like I did RO2 if no one else wants to.

Will foliage be forced on for people? That seems to be a crucial part to a game based on Vietnam and it would suck for people to exploit options again.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Can't wait for this since I liked RS more than RO2, and Vietnam games are so rare that it's always exciting to hear one is coming out, let alone a sequel to RS. Maybe I'll make an OT for RS2 like I did RO2 if no one else wants to.

Will foliage be forced on for people? That seems to be a crucial part to a game based on Vietnam and it would suck for people to exploit options again.

have you signed up for the beta?

Top Bottom