• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mipcgamer

As others have mentioned, the player at the high-end of explorations are subject to the mercy of RNG on success, relic point spread at the end of the week will probably follow a normal bell curve. The primary question then would be what percentage of the bell curve reaches 120 and 160 relics respectively, after accounting for all the failed explorations? That is still a hard unknown.

I expected the "wall" for players to hit in explorations to at clearing the 80 relic mark, and it's not there. Maybe at around 100 relics then or perhaps 120 (I severely doubt it's farther back than 120). Although, if the "wall" is that far back, then that would indicate that Gumi wants/expects most players to at least reach 120 relics. That makes sense in a way, because it is easier to rationalize spending to reaching the grand prize in an event rather than the second prize in that event.

Yeah, you are right. I'm seeing that wall coming with +120 relics.
I guess at this point, one should just relax and do expeditions based on their reward.

Fun thing to do regardless, probably will get better with QoL upgrades in the future, let's not forget this is a GL first time feature.

Kouriozan

I'd play JP too but missing Nier and its awesome materias would put me at a big disadvantage.

9S (4*) : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/776

50% ATK/DEF and MAG/SPR breaks and 50% 2x 3 imperils (just missing Light/Dark, perfect with Onion Knight I guess)
LB is 54% all breaks
30% damage mitigation
TM gives 40% physical damage mitigation (so it stack with the previous)

21O (3*) : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/782

Trust Reward = 機械仕掛けの心 [Materia]
+15% SPR/HP & 30% Chance to counter Phys/Mag with:
Self: 800 Base + 1x Mod Heal
= makes enhanced WoL almost invincible.

I'm glad Gumi already confirmed it for Global, this will be soooo gooood.

LucaMac

Embracing the GL meta, lol
DZY1Gdd.gif

Can just leave the fight on auto and it'll be done.

Thanks for this. Just auto'd her to oblivion there.I

[JP] Note to other JP players who have just started. In case you are unaware the raid coins can be set as friend gifts.

forgrim

That's a crazy video. How long did it take you to finish it?

I'm using his noctis right now, and 10 minutes in, i'm only 10% done. this will be a slog...

actually, just noticed i'm doing way less damage than the video noctis, and noticed he changed out the deathbringer. any reason valentus or mistake?

Celegus

Wow, wife got naked dark fina on her daily today! She just got regular dark fina a couple weeks ago, so looks like it's time to hoard black giancrysts like there's no tomorrow!

I forgot you also get moogles this week so I did my first daily in a long time, got Freya (garbage) and Reberta moogle (already have 20)

Valentus

I'm using his noctis right now, and 10 minutes in, i'm only 10% done. this will be a slog...

actually, just noticed i'm doing way less damage than the video noctis, and noticed he changed out the deathbringer. any reason valentus or mistake?

i was trying the orthos trial solo, so i needed the kiyomori. Sorry its back again.

Alkez

[JP] Finally got Fina to max. Going to work on Cor next but need some awakening materials. Nearly up to 15k lapis and about to get Golem, which will be nice with Iris' TM for that 100% provoke, and Shiva, which should give Sakura a nice boost.

Yea, I guess I can put him up. I'm like 25 min into the fight and still got 30% to go though, but you can pretty much leave the fight afk after you've done the esper summon.

Got it done, thanks.

[JP] Note to other JP players who have just started. In case you are unaware the raid coins can be set as friend gifts.

I didn't realise that. Thanks for the heads up.

Muku

So... since Friday evening been crunching on all the old story content that I just didn't get the lapis from. I just did them and if I had something I could get a check mark for that place, I'd do it. Otherwise I just rolled through story. Got a lot on initial, but going back and trying to finish what I can to stock up enough to have 5k for the guaranteed 5* pull. It's been a rough road, but almost 4k now. (I was 1.9k or so when I started.) Just had been using it to try to get units, which fortunately gotten a couple recently (Fohlen and DKC). This is all on alt. Will get back to Orbs as soon as I can to finish getting last bit I care about there.

Hoping to finish the above part so I can get back to JP. Haven't been able to touch it for last 2 or 3 days. ;_; But it will be worth it for my alt anyway.

To be honest, Friday nights and Saturdays are pretty much lost to me game wise anyway due to work. Ugh.

[JPN] Your Tidus is currently pummeling this ugly ass sprite lady so thank you Visceir.

Also a question about tanks. I have both Earth Veritas and Mistair? who would be the better overall tanking option? Or do they cover different styles?

Syntsui

The game is trolling me hard with all these Prompto's Moogles, currently at 70% while Aranea is not even at 30%.

I'd better pull this boy band looking mofo in a daily.

Kouriozan

[JPN] Your Tidus is currently pummeling this ugly ass sprite lady so thank you Visceir.

Also a question about tanks. I have both Earth Veritas and Mistair? who would be the better overall tanking option? Or do they cover different styles?
Mistair cover magic damage otherwise go with Earth Veritas.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Currently working my way through the story lapis thanks to half off NRG.

Cleaned out Dirnado, Gran, and Zoldald.

Finished all missions in every stage, but still need to do the explorations in the others listed. Trying to get the missing keys any decent item while doing so.

Will have about 50 tickets and 25k Lapis saved for this week >_<

Muku

IT IS TIDUS WEEK!

I wasn't looking forward to him so much. I mean, he was my next stop after Orlandu, but after having him on JP, I'm looking forward to him now.

Alkez

[JP] Man mage gear is so difficult to get at the beginning of the game. If they didn't give us the Omni Rod in the raid I would very much be struggling.

How many tickets ya got saved up?

I've got 75 tickets and 45k lapis over here.

Also agreed on Tidus. I've been using him quite a bit and I really like his kit. Plus his sprite is really well done imo.

Muku

Also agreed on Tidus. I've been using him quite a bit and I really like his kit. Plus his sprite is really well done imo.

Yes! I absolutely love his sprite!

Nice. Some nice lapis save up by yall. Got think 60 tickets on nose. Have like 20k ish lapis.

I would like to say I hope get Tidus in tickets, but that won't happen. I'll use all 60 and not get him. Just like I spent 85 tickets for Orlandu and didn't get him til I spent lapis. x_x

Muku

Don't forget we have a month of daily free summons too.

Sorry, but can't wait for Tidus. PULL PULL PULLLLLL.

Actually, getting a Rainbow on a daily is a miracle. A miracle that won't happen for me. Plus the damn Rainbow would be something stupid. Like DKC. And TBH, I feel like the free daily pulls are on the F tier level of pulls. Even dailies, despite being shit, tend to be slightly above that kind of shit.

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry, but can't wait for Tidus. PULL PULL PULLLLLL.

Actually, getting a Rainbow on a daily is a miracle. A miracle that won't happen for me. Plus the damn Rainbow would be something stupid. Like DKC. And TBH, I feel like the free daily pulls are on the F tier level of pulls. Even dailies, despite being shit, tend to be slightly above that kind of shit.

Noctis was my daily on the day he launched :)

Kettch

I'm back up to a respectable 14 tickets now after going all in on Tilith. Hopefully that and dailies will be enough for Rikku, then I can start saving again.

Muku

If you go to the second tab. It's above the raid summon.

Yeah, nothing there. I assume my iPad has to be on JPN time? If so I'll just wait, because not changing it back to JPN once I moved back to States. Use it and my phone too much to be screwing up the time ... which I try to use to keep me straight during the week. LOL

Alkez

Yeah, nothing there. I assume my iPad has to be on JPN time? If so I'll just wait, because not changing it back to JPN once I moved back to States. Use it and my phone too much to be screwing up the time ... which I try to use to keep me straight during the week. LOL

O yeah that's probably the issue. I'm playing Nox so I just set the time to JPN Time.

robotuw

I think Lyrian is probably on the money with the expedition wall. I'm not convinced how severe the wall is though. I'm already over 120 relics with 4 days to go (no lapis spent of course, though I did spend 2 coins to refresh). I'll have to fail a lot of missions if I want to avoid the moogle now.

The drain on money is also real, but spread over enough time that it's pretty easy to keep ahead I think. 10mil is no small amount, but if it's over six months it's a lot more doable.

Rather than push people to get the moogle at all, I think Gumi want people to have to choose between the moogle and the nicer rewards. You can stick with the boring c-rank ones that give useless magicite to practically guarantee the 160, or you can go for the risky but very tempting giancrysts and fail half the time.

One issue though that Gumi failed to handle: If you're TM farming 24/7 then you don't care if an expedition cuts off your best team. You're only running 5 low-level characters anyway. That means you have at least one really good squad you can send off on your hardest mission. Sure there's still no guarantee of success but it saves you another 5 characters worth of equipment and slots and whatnot. That, plus the expeditions don't even award TM progress. We can continue to speculate what Gumi's overall agenda is here but I think it's safe to say expeditions were not their answer to TM farming after all.

Another thought: do we have any guarantee the rewards for relics gathered won't change weekly? Maybe this is a first week thing to get people hooked and next time we'll just get megacites or something.

Oh hey, got some friend slots open if anyone still hasn't added me. 911,468,888. I'm fielding a 915atk Orlandu with dark element and double manslayer for the Maxwell trial, but I'll probably switch back to Maxwell herself for the rest of the week soon.

Kouriozan

I don't think I'll hit 160 relics, I'm at 72 with 3 days to go, I'm screwed. A bit too much RNG involved and of course the 3 hours expeditions completely disappeared.
Hope I'll manage to get the weekly ticket at least.

Shouta

Man, Aranea hits like a truck. Even with 9000 HP/500 DEF and standard buffs/debuffs (Ramza/Rikku/-45% Attack), she nearly kills WoL when he's Covering All. You have to defend and/or use a Physical Damage cut to him some slack. Evade is definitely easy mode for the fight but eh, I wanted to get it done quick, lol

Lyrian

My A-team finally got back from the full tough pot expedition and completed it. No great/amazing, so it is still unknown if duplicates of the grand prizes can occur. Finally had my first failed exploration on a 90% on a heavicryst run. RNG said it was about time to catch up with me.

Sitting at 93, with likely reach 100ish once the two guaranteed "C"s finish. Hoping for the best for the two 90% "B"s, and I've got the other "A" grand prize, the giancryst whispering sweet nothings in my ear, daring me to take it on.

Lyrian

With my A-team back from explorations ("A"-tier explorations practically require fully TMR'd units to max out success chance, at least the good prize ones), I tried my hand at Maxwell ELT without using gimmicks.

Umm... that was way too easy for an ELT boss?

For someone who can't chain, Elza just spanks Maxwell all over the place, and laughs at that "physical resistance". 6-man was a cakewalk, and sub'd out my Elza for a friend Elza for the 5-man, who had more enhancements that my Elza.

Yeah.... that friend Elza solo'd Maxwell in 4 turns, including the first buff/debuff turn.

AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg.

Hell, I'm quite sure at this point the physical resistance was added to Maxwell, so that BiS Elzas couldn't simply OTKO her. So much for that, lol.

Lyrian

One issue though that Gumi failed to handle: If you're TM farming 24/7 then you don't care if an expedition cuts off your best team. You're only running 5 low-level characters anyway. That means you have at least one really good squad you can send off on your hardest mission. Sure there's still no guarantee of success but it saves you another 5 characters worth of equipment and slots and whatnot. That, plus the expeditions don't even award TM progress. We can continue to speculate what Gumi's overall agenda is here but I think it's safe to say expeditions were not their answer to TM farming after all.

Another thought: do we have any guarantee the rewards for relics gathered won't change weekly? Maybe this is a first week thing to get people hooked and next time we'll just get megacites or something.

Good points.

Just being max awakening/level is good enough for the easier explorations. I can run C and D tiers with FP units, and B is maxable with some obsolete equipment that is collecting dust on 6* units that I don't normally use but needed a place to place to dump all those raid cactuars.

A-tier is serious business, though. I have a hard time finding a party of 5 that can reach the max of 12%, even with TMRs, and the good A-tier missions have very exotic mission requirements. For example, the giancryst one I am currently staring at wants FF1 characters. That's WoL... and who? Umm.... (/pulls out sort filter) Garland (who doesn't have a 6* form yet) and Sarah (FP unit). That's it. 3 FF1 units in the entire game. That exploration is going to suck hard. Heaven help the requirements for S-rank missions.

No clue if there is a rotation on the weekly relic rewards. Gumi has been dead silent on that, and frankly I don't think anyone has actually asked in any real capacity so far.

But, I'd agree that explorations don't replace TM macroing. Rather, Gumi is likely looking at this as another revenue stream, targeted towards those who don't macro. If there is no rotation, and a bonus TM moogle is available every week, that's an additional 20% to a TM for free players monthly. To some, that could be an attractive investment.

evangd007

74 relics. Probably won't make the moogle this time.

What's the formula for pauper run Maxwell ELT? I saw a double tank run on youtube with Snow, Cecil, Y'shtola, Minfilia, and Noctis, but I'd assume any dps friend unit with an ATK debuff (and no Holy element weapon) would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom