• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Tekniqs

hey so I've downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card. Every time I fire up RB6, it says "warning: you are using an unsupported driver..please update to the latest"....is it because I have an AMD card?

TheBear

is there any point to playing this game in pub servers? (no friends or mic)

also, would I get murdered playing on PC with a gamepad?

E-flux

I was a bit iffy about the game when i tried the open beta, don't know if i had bought the game but it came with my new graphics card and so far, i'm really pleased with it. I wish it had Swat 3 style singleplayer, or any type of campaign.

is there any point to playing this game in pub servers?

also, would I get murdered playing on PC with a gamepad?

I think twitch aiming would help, but the pace of the game is so slow that smart play and a correctly predicted enemy engagement would come out on top over fast shooting reflexes.

deoee

What's a good starting char to unlock?
3AQmK.gif

Caayn

I'd start with an Attacker--you can use them in PvP and Terrorist Hunt. Defenders can't be selected for T-Hunt.

I used Blitz a lot. Flashbang Shield saved my ass a number of times.
Yes you can. There are t-hunt modes that require a defend character.

There's a really annoying bug on PC where players in your party get stuck on a screen with a picture of an operator when it's loading the next map. You have to quit after every match or they're forced to crash the game.

Holy shit.
Coming from Battlefront this game is so overwhelming :eek:

I actually traded my Battlefront copy in for this. With GCU I only had to pay $12 dollars. I liked Star Wars but the tactical depth in this game is just much more engaging then spawning and dying over and over again. I really enjoyed both Betas for this game.

deoee

I actually traded my Battlefront copy in for this. With GCU I only had to pay $12 dollars. I liked Star Wars but the tactical depth in this game is just much more engaging then spawning and dying over and over again. I really enjoyed both Betas for this game.

It's completely different but I mean there is so much icons and stuff in this game.
Battlefront is just plain "jump in and enjoy" this is "learn your shit and enjoy" :D

Can you cook grenades in this game?

Mickeyknox and I found this out the hard way the other day.

MK: K, I'm gonna blow the door, as soon as that happens you throw a grenade in.

Me: "K, on your count."I pull the pin holding the grenade thinking there's no cooking. Door blowing in 3,2,... Terrorist win. Team killer.

My bad.

Mentok

Banned
Mickeyknox and I found this out the hard way the other day.

MK: K, I'm gonna blow the door, as soon as that happens you throw a grenade in.

Me: "K, on your count."I pull the pin holding the grenade thinking there's no cooking. Door blowing in 3,2,... Terrorist win. Team killer.

My bad.

Please tell me you saved a video of this :)

UFRA

So I played the beta for this on PS4, and I did Terrorist Hunt. I was really unhappy with the framerate.

Can anyone who played the PS4 beta and now owns the final product tell me if Terrorist Hunt in the final game is any better?

I REALLY want a tactical/serious shooter since I've pretty much been dying for something like this since the days of Rainbow Six Vegas.

So I played the beta for this on PS4, and I did Terrorist Hunt. I was really unhappy with the framerate.

Can anyone who played the PS4 beta and now owns the final product tell me if Terrorist Hunt in the final game is any better?

I REALLY want a tactical/serious shooter since I've pretty much been dying for something like this since the days of Rainbow Six Vegas.

Well Terrorist Hunt is 30fps and MP is 60.

HiiiLife

I need to figure out the damage snipers do against armored enemies. Sometimes it's a one shot down. Other times it's three. Feeling inconsistent these past few matches

I need to figure out the damage snipers do against armored enemies. Sometimes it's a one shot down. Other times it's three. Feeling inconsistent these past few matches

Maybe it has something to do with the variable armor levels that different operators have? The defenders also have an operator whose ability is to provide additional armor plating for teammates so there could be a rather wide variety of armor amongst players in a given game.

Loving competitive play, especially with a group of decently coordinated people. Usually 30 frames doesn't bother me all too much, but it's especially jarring going from Comp mp to t-hunt.

Top Bottom