• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X limited edition Power Doritos

panda-zebra

Wow .. that's a terrible color scheme for a food item.

Yeah, whoever came up with this idea must have been behind peas, beans, sprouts, cabbage, apples, kale, grapes, gooseberries, cucumber, spring onion, celery, broccoli, peppers... what was he even thinking?

They look fucking disgusting, which is perfect, it's not food, it's processed shite :)

Aske

Guys, your old fashioned notions of nutrition need updating. The ignorance in this thread is staggering.

First of all, the verdant colour may make the chips look a little less appetising, but it signifies the presence of chlorophyll, which indicates freshness. Typically, chlorophyll is swiftly broken down by bacteria, turning most foods a pale yellow. When this happens, they have either been processed in a manner that robs them of these nutritional benefits, or they've spoiled in your refrigerator and should be composted. But fresh, green foods are essential components of a healthy diet.

It should also be noted that the chips themselves are made of corn, a plant; and jalapeños, a vegetable. That means these chips contain plenty of fibre (essential for digestion) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), which fight cancer and keep the body operating optimally. I'd expect they're also fortified with sodium, which used to be considered unhealthy, but which has since been recognised as a purely beneficial additive. Without enough sodium, your body would shut down; that's why we have sodium chloride (you might know it as salt!) on every table.

If you paired these chips with a clean protein (eg. ground beef) and some kind of healthy, electrolytic beverage (eg. Diet Mountain Dew - ensure it's sugar free!); you'd have a superbly well-balanced meal. Just don't eat too much, because you can even overdo it with healthy carbs.

Asd202

OLvnnMu.gif

Should have been the first post.

EraErr0r1

I actually laughed out loud when I realised they are a legitimate item haha. Who knows maybe they're actually quite tasty.

Just when I thought the gamer stereotype was dying out. Can't wait to see the limited edition mountain dew flavour!

Guys, your old fashioned notions of nutrition need updating. The ignorance in this thread is staggering.

First of all, the verdant colour may make the chips look a little less appetising, but it signifies the presence of chlorophyll, which indicates freshness. Typically, chlorophyll is swiftly broken down by bacteria, turning most foods a pale yellow. When this happens, they have either been processed in a manner that robs them of these nutritional benefits, or they've spoiled in your refrigerator and should be composted. But fresh, green foods are essential components of a healthy diet.

It should also be noted that the chips themselves are made of corn, a plant; and jalapeños, a vegetable. That means these chips contain plenty of fibre (essential for digestion) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), which fight cancer and keep the body operating optimally. I'd expect they're also fortified with sodium, which used to be considered unhealthy, but which has since been recognised as a purely beneficial additive. Without enough sodium, your body would shut down; that's why we have sodium chloride (you might know it as salt!) on every table.

If you paired these chips with a clean protein (eg. ground beef) and some kind of healthy, electrolytic beverage (eg. Diet Mountain Dew - ensure it's sugar free!); you'd have a superbly well-balanced meal. Just don't eat too much, because you can even overdo it with healthy carbs.
It's like a Digital Foundry post for food.

Hah. Hahah. This was good.

flagdaddy

Do people still eat Doritos? I figured millennials would have killed them by now.

I’m 26 and you’ll still catch me at work at my desk typing away while fuckin with a bag of Doritos (and rubbing my hands every 3 seconds trying to get the dorito dust off my fingers with crumbs everywhere)

Alienfan

They look similar to the ones they were selling in New Zealand a couple of months ago. I remember all the news coverage about upset parents complaining that the chips turned their children's shit green.
vvd3IMN_d.jpg

Top Bottom