• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

new champ looks super lame tbh

no one wanted a scythe boy

Curse of the Monkey's Paw.

Many ask for a scythe user, many wanting a scythe waifu ... but you get the most edgy-edge scythe boy who has not 1 but 2 transformations making him a 3 model champ annnnnd prob not likely to get skins for a long time unless he's mega popular or a team ask for one cause you gotta make 3 for him alone.

Hope he looks better in the proper reveal ... cause he looks pretty low rez.

It's an angsty edgy Sasuke-looking carry champion, he'll probably be as popular as Yasuo and considering it's a DanielZKlein champion he'll likely be super bullshit

God I'm salty
Edit: So I've been reading some of the new stuff I missed and it seems key fragments will be tied to the honor system? Fuck that. Bad decision riot.
They'll be tied in the sense that if you're an asshole and your honor level goes down you'll stop getting keys. You don't need to actually get honor to get keys and you no longer need to win in order to get keys so it's much better than the current system.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
it's not even that he's not a cute grill

the character design is just completely bland and boring

"wow here's tryndamere 2.0 but he can turn into aatrox 2.0"

wow fascinating

it's not even that he's not a cute grill

the character design is just completely bland and boring

"wow here's tryndamere 2.0 but he can turn into aatrox 2.0"

wow fascinating
I remember Morello back in the day saying that if they were to make a scythe girl champion they didn't want to just make an anime trope

So here's our new champion, Anime and Trope - The Trope of Anime

Also why the fuck is Riot nerfing Diana, did she suddenly go OP while I'm busy with FFXIV?

(Passive) Moonsilver Blade
no longer grants 20% attack speed
(Q) Crescent Strike
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6
(E) Moonfall
new passive: Diana's spell casts grant her 40/50/60/70/80% attack speed for next 3 attacks

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is that a nerf?
Less AS is bad for laning and jungling if you're one of those jungle Diana weirdos
Lower CD on Q is irrelevant because her mana pool is horseshit so she needs to mind her casts before 6
AS on E is irrelevant because you charge your passive while weaving your spells not by sitting there and hitting them after you pull, and you only pull when you can already kill them anyways

So basically her already bad laning phase got worse for no reason.

Newt

Thoughts on the new champ.

924.png

Leezard

I love to play Zyra in a full ad comp.
Less AS is bad for laning and jungling if you're one of those jungle Diana weirdos
Lower CD on Q is irrelevant because her mana pool is horseshit so she needs to mind her casts before 6
AS on E is irrelevant because you charge your passive while weaving your spells not by sitting there and hitting them after you pull, and you only pull when you can already kill them anyways

I'm interpreting the passive on E like she gets attack speed after every spell, not only after E. Since you're weaving spells it might very well be a buff for jungle.

Quonny

AS on any spell, not E. It's a very slight nerf to laning phase for a massive assassination buff.

I'm interpreting the passive on E like she gets attack speed after every spell, not only after E. Since you're weaving spells it might very well be a buff for jungle.
AS on any spell, not E. It's a very slight nerf to laning phase for a massive assassination buff.
Ahh, that's what I was missing. Still don't really see how it helps her assassination pattern when she only really needs one passive proc to finish a squishy off. It's a jungle/tower killing buff that you won't really have the full effect of until level 18, I guess? Sounds awful either way considering how shite her early game already is.

Quonny

Ahh, that's what I was missing. Still don't really see how it helps her assassination pattern when she only really needs one passive proc to finish a squishy off. It's a jungle/tower killing buff that you won't really have the full effect of until level 18, I guess? Sounds awful either way considering how shite her early game already is.

I mean, this is what we want, right? More specialized champions for more specialized roles on teams. Make Diana the super amazing assassin that can hop to two targets and blow them up, but has a poor lane phase. Of course, this all depends on the health of the meta (and how important laning phase is), but I think really making champions shine in certain roles is a good thing.

This change could potentially make her the "double target assassin" where you jump from the mage to ADC and assassinate them both if you make it out of lane phase, but that lane phase should be hard.

I mean, this is what we want, right? More specialized champions for more specialized roles on teams. Make Diana the super amazing assassin that can hop to two targets and blow them up, but has a poor lane phase. Of course, this all depends on the health of the meta (and how important laning phase is), but I think really making champions shine in certain roles is a good thing.

This change could potentially make her the "double target assassin" where you jump from the mage to ADC and assassinate them both if you make it out of lane phase, but that lane phase should be hard.
It doesn't really matter at the end of the day because Riot already said they're going to rework her eventually but eh.

It's an angsty edgy Sasuke-looking carry champion, he'll probably be as popular as Yasuo and considering it's a DanielZKlein champion he'll likely be super bullshit

God I'm salty.

Oh, fuck. Forgot that guy was making the next champ.

Either gonna be bullshit AF or miss the mark like the earth bender.

Guessing he's gonna be bullshit.

Wonder if Riot is self-aware enough to make a "Crawling in my skin!" reference in his vo.

Also ... a strange choice in theme for the transformation IMO. Like, Shadow and Demonic? That's like making something turn Angelic or Godly. Like sure, one has the wings/ horns but why make something transform into 2 things that are so tonally alike?

Seems like it would be hell making new skins for him partly cause you have to make either a demonic and shadow version of w/e you give the base form OR you have to make 2 similar yet different themes to play on with the base skin (like a "Justicar" skin could have a angelic and godly form. But what if you make a Pirate skin? Would that have like ... a Rouge and Captain form?)

Oh, fuck. Forgot that guy was making the next champ.

Either gonna be bullshit AF or miss the mark like the earth bender.

Guessing he's gonna be bullshit.

Wonder if Riot is self-aware enough to make a "Crawling in my skin!" reference in his vo.

Also ... a strange choice in theme for the transformation IMO. Like, Shadow and Demonic? That's like making something turn Angelic or Godly. Like sure, one has the wings/ horns but why make something transform into 2 things that are so tonally alike?

Seems like it would be hell making new skins for him partly cause you have to make either a demonic and shadow version of w/e you give the base form OR you have to make 2 similar yet different themes to play on with the base skin (like a "Justicar" skin could have a angelic and godly form. But what if you make a Pirate skin? Would that have like ... a Rouge and Captain form?)

Just watch this motherfucker will get skins every year meanwhile Swain won't because 'it's too hard for 2 forms boo hoo'. Meanwhile this fucker is getting 3 forms each skin.

I'm pretty sure Riot sees Diana as a Diver like WW and the like.

Pretty sure that's what she's supposed to be but her kit feels like it requires you build to burst as you have no button other than "GO IN!" when you decide to do something. (At least with WW you can fear people and run away or use your ult to escape, Wukong can clone away and so on)
Just watch this motherfucker will get skins every year meanwhile Swain won't because 'it's too hard for 2 forms boo hoo'. Meanwhile this fucker is getting 3 forms each skin.

I can see that.

Ima macro this onto a key if I ever play him and I get kills

/all NOTHING PERSONNEL, KID.

Also it seems his Darkin form is stronger in all instances and allows him to build like a bruiser because the added health % damage effects on one of his spells. Not to mention the healing component and CC provided to one of his spells.

I dont see why you would ever want to go his other form.

Quonny

Also it seems his Darkin form is stronger in all instances and allows him to build like a bruiser because the added health % damage effects on one of his spells. Not to mention the healing component and CC provided to one of his spells.

Darkin is for scrapping/teamfight. Shadow Assassin is for mobility and assassination.

killatopak

Gold Member
He sounds like fun to play really.

I'd really like his design if I was back in highschool.

Feels like shadow for dealing with mobile and squishy champs and darkin for tanky champs.

killatopak

Gold Member
The more I read the more I'm impressed with this new champ. I've never been an assassin guy. I'm more of a bruiser guy so it feels like this would be the champ that would allow me to transition to assassins.

Plus he has Darkin lore which I really like. Riot fix Aatrox pls.

Because you don't get to choose unless you get fed off multiple lanes

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
who designed the looks for this guy? it looks like literal shit.

exaggeration aside, this design is not good imo. it just reeks of lack of creativity.

Agree w/ Newt, the kit looks good but the actual design is full Shadow the Edgehog.

They've spent month redrafting the SKT skins but then can't even put out a mediocre champ aesthetic.

killatopak

Gold Member
To be fair, the lore kinda asks for the way he looks. You can't have some magical item eating away your body and soul and be happy at the same time.

If they made the design first before lore though is another story.

Besides darkins always have the demonic edgelord looks.

Hmmm ... so he has a dash Q ( be it a shortish dash but a dash none the less), a skill that allows him to run through walls AND heals him(can also make him faster) and an ult that jumps him to a target he hit beforehand.

Guess Riot's not giving a fuck about mobility creep.
Sounds fun but yeah ... that's some creep right there.
And fuck your suggestions Riot, Imma take him top.

drawkcaB

Black-Wind said:
Guess Riot's not giving a fuck about mobility creep.
Sounds fun but yeah ... that's some creep right there.
And fuck your suggestions Riot, Imma take him top.

Actions speak louder than words - Riot never gave a flying fuck about mobility creep.

Actions speak louder than words - Riot never gave a flying fuck about mobility creep.
True.

At some point you need some mobility creep to make new champions that are unique and different from what they have.

Yeah but damn ... dude got 3 skills that move his ass. Like ... he legit doesn't need flash IMO. You can double cross a wall and get healed for it and bait out someone's flash with that shit. It's cool AF but adds more fuel to the "A Bo Bo boooo, ADCs have it hard!" BS cause more and more gap closer are gonna highlight the divide between mobile champs and them.

I hope Eve has some mobility shit going on after she's reworked ... needs to keep up with the times.

Anyway, I think Demon form is gonna be stronger. Hard CC plus the same amount of mobility pretty much plus healing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not really into Kayn's moveset too much. Probably feels really nice but it's super bland. It goes to show how simplistic the kit is when a HotS hero is coming out at the same time with an ult that is very similar. The multiclass stuff in HotS was sort of a miss and I see a similar problem to the kit that I get off HotS, where talents augment abilities. I think an ability should almost always remain static. When you have variables on that stuff I always get this feeling of the ability not doing what I want it to for half the game or something. Also the name is just...something to laugh at. Sorry.......................................................................

Top Bottom