• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

katagai

I don’t get it...what are you complaining about?

The massive jump puzzle required to even reach that spot.

yh9pITg.jpg

erawsd

correction : they stopped doing that right after those 2 dungeons so even in between AAR and HW you won't encounter that anymore .

Its no where near as excessive but there are still some places where there is a short cutscene before a boss. Most groups will wait but I've had a couple where I suddenly see "xxx will close in 15 seconds" and I had to cancel out of the scene.

Wilsongt

Its no where near as excessive but there are still some places where there is a short cutscene before a boss. Most groups will wait but I've had a couple where I suddenly see "xxx will close in 15 seconds" and I had to cancel out of the scene.

That's just people being shitty and needing to "speed run". Especially older dungeons.

iammeiam

At least having access to all of the cross role actions regardless of level makes AOE more sustainable in low level dungeons. I did Tam Tara NM last night and had like 90% Spread Shot uptime. Pew pew pew.

Are you implying machinists actually use tactician in dungeons

because I don't believe you

I feel like I have to level a tank or a healer just to get past the main story and I timely manner

Raubahn blowback is going to be a thing; early on there was actually a DPS shortage in later stuff, but once the blockage cleared it became a problem because tanks and healers that were walled probably ended up a few levels ahead of the story. Which would be fine, but it means they wind up only running the dungeons once. No repeat runs means fewer overall chances for DPS to get in.

Bowlie

Banned
Yanxia, Namai:

Are they really not going to address this only one wolf guy between all the villagers? I swear he appeared in 5 cutscenes and no one's like "oh, this wolf dude lives here with us". It's like a comedy sketch, breaking the tension.

Maybe it's in some sidequest, lol.

They unlocked it a couple of hours ago. I bought the game on Steam, so I have both the CE key and the preorder key. I plugged in the CE key and got everything,

Ok, thanks, got the pre order things now as letter but nothing from the PS4 CE yet, I think if I log in again it could work because I have to sync it with the square account first, but I will not log out yet. :D

Wilsongt

Raubahn blowback is going to be a thing; early on there was actually a DPS shortage in later stuff, but once the blockage cleared it became a problem because tanks and healers that were walled probably ended up a few levels ahead of the story. Which would be fine, but it means they wind up only running the dungeons once. No repeat runs means fewer overall chances for DPS to get in.

Queued for the first dungeon solo last night and the queue was over 30m. A friend of mine kindly joined as a healer and the queue was instant.

Such garbage.

scy

Queued for the first dungeon solo last night and the queue was over 30m. A friend of mine kindly joined as a healer and the queue was instant.

Such garbage.

Day 1-ish, tank + healer queues approached 5 minutes for dungeons! With the DPS going "wtf instant queue."

Sky87

These login queues are such shit. After getting in the first time, i got disconnected with an error 90001 or something, then had to enter a 2000 queue (on Odin EU) for 2+ hours.

Now i've been stuck at ''Players in queue: 1'' for 10 mins.

duckroll

Errrrr.... this morning on Mogstation I saw an option to upgrade both ARR and HW to Digital CE for 30 bucks. But now that option is gone and there are only individual options at 20 bucks each. What gives?!

Bowlie

Banned
Errrrr.... this morning on Mogstation I saw an option to upgrade both ARR and HW to Digital CE for 30 bucks. But now that option is gone and there are only individual options at 20 bucks each. What gives?!

you can upgrade expansions to CE even after you bought them?

wamberz1

Speaking of getting locked out in dungeons, I had this hilarious moment in the 69 dungeon where, somehow, Egi Garuda pulled during the cutscene. Since the game is new everyone was watching it, so when we saw "(spoiler) will be sealed off in 15 seconds" we were like WTF? Cutscene ends and the summoner and healer realize they're trapped inside with the boss putting Garudas blood all over the wall - and shortly after, theirs.

Tiops

Got my RDM to level 62 yesterday and did the first dungeon. This game is soooo good!

Also, RDM is a really, really fun class to play. I just need to stop with the high burst at the start of the bosses, I get the boss' aggro every damn time.

Kugane is also absolutely beautiful. Story appears to be great too, at least it is until now. Zenos is a great villain.
Fighting him, where he just walks towards you is pretty baddass

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Can confirm. Am a 68 WHM and only ran the first dungeon once.

MogCakes

Speaking of getting locked out in dungeons, I had this hilarious moment in the 69 dungeon where, somehow, Egi Garuda pulled during the cutscene. Since the game is new everyone was watching it, so when we saw "(spoiler) will be sealed off in 15 seconds" we were like WTF? Cutscene ends and the summoner and healer realize they're trapped inside with the boss putting Garudas blood all over the wall - and shortly after, theirs.
Garuda always the troublemaker

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Garuda always the troublemaker

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

THERE IS NO HOPE
NO ESCAPE
NONE!

I was running the 65 dungeon last night and dc'd. Popped back in within 2 minutes. My party was like "o_O so fast, what's with that queue on your sever". I told them 80 or so. They were from Levi and said if it was Levi it'd be 2000.

wamberz1

Something that's been bugging me (ending spoilers)

How the hell did no one notice Zenos had parked a fucking dragon in his backyard?! Does no one in the resistance own a pair of binoculars? How did he get Shinryu in the first place? Did he just find it lying around after the omega fight and capture it? If Shinryu could be jailed so easily, what was the point of Omega in the first place?

So I have been at the level 50 cap and still have some endgame story missions to complete(scions just discussed moving).
I don't have the first expansion but just bought Stormblood.

Should I just wait on those?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So I have been at the level 50 cap and still have some endgame story missions to complete.
I don't have the first expansion but just bought Stormblood.

Should I just wait on those?
Stormblood includes Heavensward, so if you wait until tomorrow you can keep gaining exp.

IvorB

Second settlement under the ruby sea. Look for the blue one that's banner is a picture of a palace.

Ah thanks, dude. I was grinding MSQ heavily to get to the dungeon when I could have just unlocked it straight away :-(. Anyways at least I unlocked the first trial.

ebil

Just crashed in what I believe to be the very last cutscene of the MSQ
Gosetsu lives?!
:(

2200 people in the queue, let's do this.

That last stretch
and final trial, I really didn't expect to kill Shinryu before the Interdimensional Rift
was amazing though.

Got back from out of town last night and phew, those queues. Not even us ARR plebs can be spared ;p Daily Roulette takes quite a while but that was nothing compared to when I reached The Lady of the Vortex mission, aka Garuda trial. It took over an hour in the queue and every time it found the other DPS they'd back out after a little while. One time it found a DPS and a Tank and I was excited but then they both went poof... I hope there are not many more dungeons in ARR's story while this pandemonium is going on haha I just checked the list of quests and it looks like there's one more trial and two dungeons comprising the final two quests. It also looks like I'm on the final lvl 44 quest and then it jumps two levels. I'm level 45 now so I just need the one more level to continue but I see it then jumps three levels to 49.... Guess after this one more quest it will be time to grind PoTD. I fear what getting in there must be like with everyone farming it with the new classes. Well, at least I'll finally be able to continue it past level 40. I'll have the 51-60 range unlocked for when I get SAM this way. The question is should I repeat 51-60 or keep progressing deeper as it's my first time through. I imagine there's some kind of reward at the higher levels. I'll likely knock out some hunt quests while dealing with the queues too. Need to finish the level 1 hunts ;p

Also, I take it I have to get to level 50 before I can get decent armor that doesn't amount to a speedo and a few belts serving as a substitute for a shirt? Who the heck designed these outfits? It was mildly embarrassing running around the world in this crap ;p

Oh, did you guys all set up your chocobo to use the healer build? I have to imagine that's easily the most useful setup. I just did the quests for getting him to join you in battle last night.

Debating on using the level 60 potion on my 50 PLD or 30 AST. Sucks that DRK and SCH kind of suck to play now. I just don't have another 10+ hours of PotD in me after getting RDM to 60.

One last question,
since my purchase included early access can I even visit the new locations or do I need to wait for the story stuff to open it up tomorrow when I also have HS?

Top Bottom