• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

I've only found 18 kook seeds in 50 hours of play. Considering there's 900 or so, they must be literally all over the place. What are the most common tell tale signs? I've only found them in places that are super obvious (flower sticking out of the ground, missing offering at statue etc.)

Frodo

3 trees with hanging fruit. One has more fruit than the other two. get them to all have the fruit hanging from the same branch.

Top of mountains of particular formations under rocks. On top of single trees alone in the field under a rock. Under rocks in weird places.... Under rocks in a lot of different places.
Some places will have a metal ball chained to a tree trunk. Get the ball in the hole. Circular rock formation in the water, throw a rock inside the circle.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've only found 18 kook seeds in 50 hours of play. Considering there's 900 or so, they must be literally all over the place. What are the most common tell tale signs? I've only found them in places that are super obvious (flower sticking out of the ground, missing offering at statue etc.)

Honestly just interact with odd stuff. The balls on chains invite interaction. The statues with offerings are strongly hinted at in kakariko village. Hiding under rocks and the 'three trees' ones are pretty obscure though

weekev

Banned
3 trees with hanging fruit. One has more fruit than the other two. get them to all have the fruit hanging from the same branch.

Top of mountains of particular formations under rocks. On top of single trees alone in the field under a rock. Under rocks in weird places.... Under rocks in a lot of different places.
Some places will have a metal ball chained to a tree trunk. Get the ball in the hole. Circular rock formation in the water, throw a rock inside the circle.
Wait how do you move fruit about on trees?

BNGames

Im proud of this quick kill on this Hinox from my livestream this morning

Video: https://youtu.be/UEC56Hj7iGA

Uv8J7L9.gif

watershed

Banned
Reading the various books and memoirs in this game provides fantastic backstory and characterization. I found
Robbie's
memoir to be particularly touching. Its cool to find out what some of these characters have been doing all this time.

Lilo_D

After playing P5, I can say that long dungeon without puzzles are boring. More games should take example on Zelda Q.Q Zelda I missss yaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *sob*

i absolutely love what they does for dungeons in P5 compare to p4
But yeah it's so long :/

Koren

Honestly just interact with odd stuff. The balls on chains invite interaction. The statues with offerings are strongly hinted at in kakariko village. Hiding under rocks and the 'three trees' ones are pretty obscure though
The three trees seemed abvious to me. I find the "top of trees/poles" far more annoying, especially since you can't see the top shining from the bottom.

If you see 3 trees lined up by themselves, look at them and pick the fruit from whichever tree you need to to make all 3 trees the same.
Bow is useful for the highest fruits (usually, it's 1-1-4, so you have to remove 3)

Beware, in some cases they are NOT lined-up!

Also (places, not what you should do):
offerings alongside statues ; tetris-like formations of cubes, one being metal ; lily circles ; hemispherical holes on the ground ; single yellow flower ; set of yellow flowers ; those spinning wind toys ; balloons in trees (holes or top) ; leafs drawn on cut down trees

Found a fun one today, a
bowling/football one where you have to roll a boulder between trees

Forkball

In Hateno there's a grove of some apple trees and nothing else. I really wonder if that's a Korok puzzle, but I tried several things and nothing.

AddiF

There are a lot of different Korok puzzles.

Metal boxes stacked in two identical formations, might be mirrored, rotated or even upside down. One is missing a box that needs to be inserted. Box might be in plain sight or hidden.

Nuts hanging on trees or inside holes in trees or tree trunks laying on the ground.

Glowing leaves swooshing around from place to place.

Statue offerings missing a fruit or two.

Three trees standing together, look at the apples.

Oddly placed rocks, for example on top of mountains, up in trees, a single rock on a small island or on top of a stone pillar, etc etc.

A pile of leaves here and there.

A circle of leaves in ponds or even lakes. Olympic diving!

A circle of stones on land, with one stone missing. That missing stone is located near the circle.

A circle of stones in water, with no stone missing from the circle. There are stones on a ledge or bridge above. NBA 2K18 Hyrule Edition time.

Metal balls attached to tree trunks with metal chains. There's a hole in the tree trunk. Another NBA 2K18 Hyrule Edition time!

A very random, rather big flower standing alone somewhere in the wild.

Spinning pinwheels, stand close to it and look around. Sometimes the puzzle is obvious but once I looked around and didn't see the obvious thing... but then I went again and it was the same kind as the obvious one, only less obvious and hidden in trees lol.

Boulders in pairs up on a hill, with a suspicious hole in the ground below. PGA Golf Tour Hyrule Edition!

Tree stumps with a picture of a Korok leaf on it and a leaf pointing somewhere. Run Forrest, RUN! ... or well, glide, climb, jump...

Ossom

The game has a lot of depth if you're willing to find it.

I just slap on my Barbarian Armor before lighting them up.

I find myself flicking between three sets due to enemies and conditions. Sometimes I forget and don't get the full benefits from a scenario.

I wish there an option to swap whole sets in one go.

Red

I find myself flicking between three sets due to enemies and conditions. Sometimes I forget and don't get the full benefits from a scenario.

Yeah me too.
There are a lot of different Korok puzzles.

Metal boxes stacked in two identical formations, might be mirrored, rotated or even upside down. One is missing a box that needs to be inserted. Box might be in plain sight or hidden.

Nuts hanging on trees or inside holes in trees or tree trunks laying on the ground.

Glowing leaves swooshing around from place to place.

Statue offerings missing a fruit or two.

Three trees standing together, look at the apples.

Oddly placed rocks, for example on top of mountains, up in trees, a single rock on a small island or on top of a stone pillar, etc etc.

A pile of leaves here and there.

A circle of leaves in ponds or even lakes. Olympic diving!

A circle of stones on land, with one stone missing. That missing stone is located near the circle.

A circle of stones in water, with no stone missing from the circle. There are stones on a ledge or bridge above. NBA 2K18 Hyrule Edition time.

Metal balls attached to tree trunks with metal chains. There's a hole in the tree trunk. Another NBA 2K18 Hyrule Edition time!

A very random, rather big flower standing alone somewhere in the wild.

Spinning pinwheels, stand close to it and look around. Sometimes the puzzle is obvious but once I looked around and didn't see the obvious thing... but then I went again and it was the same kind as the obvious one, only less obvious and hidden in trees lol.

Boulders in pairs up on a hill, with a suspicious hole in the ground below. PGA Golf Tour Hyrule Edition!

Tree stumps with a picture of a Korok leaf on it and a leaf pointing somewhere. Run Forrest, RUN! ... or well, glide, climb, jump...
There are also lone balloons hidden, that don't need pinwheel triggers. And I've seen
at least one tree puzzle that did not use apples

Some offering puzzles don't clue you in with existing fruit, you just have to know to put something on the pedestal.

I've also seen one puzzle that looked like an offering, but had no plates... the korok was hidden around the little statues but there was little indication of this.

Sometimes they only appear when you are close and have climbed to the top of some rooftop or spire.

There was one that required I shoot the glowing eye of a statue—I only noticed this at night.

A few require you run through groups of flowers in a specific order.

Some are in ice blocks and have to be melted out.

Majine

Banned
I returned to Korok Forest for the first time in awhile, and it seems the framerate has gotten alot better since the patches.

_Clash_

Decided to drop what I was doing and chase what I thought was a
fallen star
across the whole map.

Lost the light signal half way through, is it still there or is it a timed drop?

I beat BoTW early this morning. Did 73 shrines, got all the memories, collect around 120 korok seeds, and got all the beasts down too before facing Ganon. Hyrule Castle is such a large convoluted maze of fun to explore it's such a shame that the final fight is pretty underwhelming for all the set up it took to get there.

Can't wait to get back into the game once it adds the extra map features and hard mode on the first DLC pack. 100 stamps were not enough to mark all of the map.

I have to say: I can't wait for Nintendo to try out this formula again with all the criticism of this game in mind for the future.

Sitting back and really thinking. I really like the blue tunic hatless link style

Green tunic pointy hat link is traditional, but blue link feels fresh and bold.

KingBroly

Banned

Yeah, I wish if you got a complete set it'd allow you to just put on the complete outfit if you wanted.

I find myself defaulting to the Sheikah Suit because you run fast at night with it. It also looks the best, IMO. But it sucks that Sheik's Mask doesn't work with it as a complete set.

But now that I've started upgrading all of my Armor (UGH Star Fragments) I'm finding myself using Champion Armor more since it has the highest defense value of any armor in the game (albeit not by much).

Sitting back and really thinking. I really like the blue tunic hatless link style

I really like the blue tunic + Hylian hood and knight's greaves combo. Apart from good defense values it looks super cool imo. I'm not sure if I can go back to the green pointy hat even though it's iconic.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is this from the official guide? I think it's against forum policy to share that. Might want to remove it.

Also, community :(

What are the rules for community threads? Isn't horizon older than Zelda but is still in the main gaming forum?

I tend to keep active threads open in tabs so until I read this I didn't realise it had moved, so I'd have lost it if I closed the tab

KingBroly

Banned
I hope the new feature they're adding to the game makes people replay for another 30 hours even though it's probably one little thing.

Forkball

What are the rules for community threads? Isn't horizon older than Zelda but is still in the main gaming forum?

I tend to keep active threads open in tabs so until I read this I didn't realise it had moved, so I'd have lost it if I closed the tab

Fire Emblem Fates, a game that came out in 2015 in Japan and 14 months ago in America, still has an OT in Gaming. The most recent post was today. I think Pokemon Sun/Moon OT2 is still on the Gaming Side as well.

C8t_qVAXUAkmo-Q.jpg

Rodin

After playing P5, I can say that long dungeon without puzzles are boring. More games should take example on Zelda Q.Q Zelda I missss yaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *sob*

I disagree. Different design philosophies for different games of different genres. Persona dungeons are great for a jrpg, in fact i can't think of many with better dungeons than this game, plus they're long because you're not supposed to complete them in one day. They obviously wouldn't work in a Zelda game, just like there's really no point in having Zelda-like dungeons in a jrpg because puzzle solving is not what they're about.

sazzy

2 beasts and 80 shrines in, I got tricked into defeating Ganon by my little niece, who is also playing the game but mostly spends her time riding horses, collecting fruits and gems, hanging out in towns, etc.

She wanted me to show her what's inside the castle, and kept egging me on to keep going onward to Ganon. I wanted to turn back several times once inside but didn't wanna disappoint her, because there's no way she's gonna make it to Ganon for quite some time.

Best couple of hours of the game. This is her first Zelda game, and her excitement was priceless.

Buggy Loop

http://i.imgur.com/KyaXrJC.gifv

OMG!

Art by Rabbit Machine

Incredible :eek:

It nails the experience of adventuring in this game.

This is the first game that the air in it has a density. I'm not sure i can put it in words but, it feels like there's actually a biome that lives in that world and is affected by it's environment. The air is dense with things, dust, particles, flying polen, insects, humidity, etc etc.

Rodin

OMG!

Art by Rabbit Machine

This is the first game that the air in it has a density. I'm not sure i can put it in words but, it feels like there's actually a biome that lives in that world and is affected by it's environment. The air is dense with things, dust, particles, flying polen, insects, humidity, etc etc.

Wow, that's amazing.

Oh damn, we got communitiy'd. Didnt realize since I'm subscribed to the thread.

OMG!

Art by Rabbit Machine

Holy crap. Wooooooow.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I have a bunch of amiibos and could easily just get some of the additional outfits, but I honestly just prefer in-game armor too much. The Hylian set, pants dyed black to match the hood, just looks so fucking nice.

I don't miss traditional Link at all.

pringles

Finally found all the shrines! Somewhat ashamed to say I did have to look up the exact locations of the last two I was missing, damn they were well hidden. It was
Toto Sah Shrine
and
Maag No'rah Shrine
, both hidden
behind some destructible rocks with basically no hints pointing in their direction

Now with all shrines and quests done, and about 450 korok seeds, I'm going to complete the game once more and then I think I'm done with the game until the DLC hits. Feels a little bit sad but also going to be cool to be able to play some other games, it's been 99% Zelda since launch.

Top Bottom