• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Macka

Hey guys, I've got a question for you:

I just realised my Pokemon Bank expired. I don't know exactly when but it did. I lost my living dex that was almost complete (despite a few legendaries).
Any way to get it back? Do I get them back if I re-purchase another licence?

Man this sucks, I though I got my licence back in november but it seems it was earlier than that -_-
I have forgotten to renew before as well, but I was still able to take my Pokemon out of Bank and store them on one of my games. When it asks if you want to buy a new license, say no and it will then ask if you want to remove whatever is in there. Check if your Pokemon are there, and if they are you can exit out and pay the $5. Or just store them on one of your games.

Kyzer

Banned

I just realised my Pokemon Bank expired. I don't know exactly when but it did. I lost my living dex that was almost complete (despite a few legendaries).

Man this sucks, I though I got my licence back in november but it seems it was earlier than that -_-

Every time ive renewed all my mons were there

GoldStarz

usumposter.jpg

New Poster with Possible new characters in shadows

I have forgotten to renew before as well, but I was still able to take my Pokemon out of Bank and store them on one of my games. When it asks if you want to buy a new license, say no and it will then ask if you want to remove whatever is in there. Check if your Pokemon are there, and if they are you can exit out and pay the $5. Or just store them on one of your games.

Every time ive renewed all my mons were there
Yes, they were still there thank god. But I couldn't transfer any of them to Alpha Saphire but it didn't work. So I renewed but it still did not work. I could move them to Sun however.
Then I remembered something about that then lol.
Would have renewed for Ultra Moon anyways so I don't mind.
Excited for UM. Thanks for the help.

lupinko

Anyone do TSV hatching for Gen 7? There's a big Reddit community for it but I couldn't figure out their flair text thing so I gave up on that board.

I have three TSVs since I have three games.

I'm more interested in Gladion than i am Lillie, though i hope she's a trainer with Alolan Vulpix like the anime. Also i wonder what happened to the third Type:Null? You get one, and Gladion has one. I want to also see more of the Aether Foundation labs. There looks to be 3 doors but you only go through one. Not realistic but hoping for more islands post game or some expansive area.

I wonder to what extent US/UM will kneecap S/M in terms of sales. With the former likely being an improvement in every way, there won't be much or an incentive for people to pick up the latter anymore. Remakes are a different story and have traditionally sold better, as well having longer legs.

Releasing an updated version so quickly after the initial one hasn't been done since Gen II. It's weird that they decided to release one so fast instead of pushing it to next year or something while still soft-announcing the Switch game. It's not like TPC had a lot of confidence in the Switch before its release anyway, so a 2018 3DS release wouldn't have been that strange.

S/M will still likely overtake both R/S and X/Y by the end of the year. D/P would be the next target, which is less clear.

I'm more interested in Gladion than i am Lillie, though i hope she's a trainer with Alolan Vulpix like the anime. Also i wonder what happened to the third Type:Null? You get one, and Gladion has one. I want to also see more of the Aether Foundation labs. There looks to be 3 doors but you only go through one. Not realistic but hoping for more islands post game or some expansive area.

I've seen some people think that the third Type:Null is just in in-game excuse for it to be available in future games. It kind of makes sense.

GoldStarz

I wonder to what extent US/UM will kneecap S/M in terms of sales. With the former likely being an improvement in every way, there won't be much an incentive for people to pick up the latter anymore. Remakes are a different story and have traditionally sold better, as well having longer legs.

Releasing an updated version so quickly after the initial one hasn't been done since Gen II. It's weird that they decided to release one so fast instead of pushing it to next year or something while still soft-announcing the Switch game. It's not like TPC had a lot of confidence in the Switch before its release anyway, so a 2018 3DS release wouldn't have been that strange.

S/M will still likely overtake both R/S and X/Y by the end of the year. D/P would be the next target, which is less clear.

I've seen some people think that the third Type:Null is just in in-game excuse for it to be available in future games. It kind of makes sense.

I half-believe we're going to get one of those anyway. The fandom is going to be so annoying if I'm right.

JoeM86

There's usually a grace period to get your Pokémon. People have come back after a year and they're still there

Teknoman

Since i managed to snag a copy of Pokemon Stadium...i've been thinking about going through Yellow version from scratch and then the Gym Leader road. Think the originals still hold up?

Forkball

Since i managed to snag a copy of Pokemon Stadium...i've been thinking about going through Yellow version from scratch and then the Gym Leader road. Think the originals still hold up?

RBY is still great today. Just watch out for Wrap and box management.

Unless you mean if the original Pokemon Stadium holds up, which I can't say for sure. Those minigames though...

Teknoman

RBY is still great today. Just watch out for Wrap and box management.

Unless you mean if the original Pokemon Stadium holds up, which I can't say for sure. Those minigames though...

Yeah I mean RBY. I was going to probably play through using a GBA SP + Pokemon Stadium GB tower ( or maybe Super GB).

I still think they hold up, I usually play through gen 1 at least once a year when there's nothing else out. Stadium is where rubberbanding battle tower AI got their start, so keep that in mind. It's not as bad in Round 1 but Round 2 comes around and you'll miss every Blizzard while they'll hit every Horn Drill.

Mr-Joker

Banned
New Poster with Possible new characters in shadows
usumposter.jpg

Oooh looks like stuff get heavy once Nebby gets corrupted.

If Game Freak pull this off then gen 7 has the potential for me to put them on the same level as Gen 4 and gen 5.

Friendly reminder that the pikachu event starts tomorrow! I want the hoenn pikachu because hoenn is best region.

It's kinda lame that we have pick which one we want rather than getting them all.

Ah well I just wanted Sinnoh and Unova cap Pikachu anyway.

I still think they hold up, I usually play through gen 1 at least once a year when there's nothing else out. Stadium is where rubberbanding battle tower AI got their start, so keep that in mind. It's not as bad in Round 1 but Round 2 comes around and you'll miss every Blizzard while they'll hit every Horn Drill.

Eh I just found my Pokemon just being straight up out gunned.

Pokemon RNG is whatever. Stadium 2 doesn't have that problem.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So we're on standby for more news next month or is there a possibility for more news this month?

I forgot what it was exactly, but apparently there's some sort of event on the 29th? I think it was described as like a "battle demonstration" of USUM, but new info is possible I guess.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So we're on standby for more news next month or is there a possibility for more news this month?

Bet you that we will get more info on Friday this week as it's more or less Pokémon day with the release of Pokkén and Gold and Silver on 3DS virtual console.

brinstar

I wonder what starter I'll go with in US/UM. Alola's starters is the first time I don't really feel a strong kinship with any of them. I went Incineroar last time and my friend is using Decidueye this time so I guess I'll give Primarina a shot.

GoldStarz

I wonder what starter I'll go with in US/UM. Alola's starters is the first time I don't really feel a strong kinship with any of them. I went Incineroar last time and my friend is using Decidueye this time so I guess I'll give Primarina a shot.

I literally boxed my starter once I had enough of the Pokemon I wanted to stand on my own without it. I really love the first and second forms of the Alola starters, but it's the final evolutions that just totally lose me. The only other time I think I've disliked the final evolutions full-around was Gen I and even then, I came around to liking Venusaur's design a lot more after actually using it for a doubles team on Showdown. The best one of them for me is Incineroar and that's only because he just feels like generic (despite his concept).

I just got the OG hat Pikachu in Sun and that Z Move animation is super adorable. It also had a different dex entry since i didnt have Pikachu in Sun.

brinstar

I literally boxed my starter once I had enough of the Pokemon I wanted to stand on my own without it. I really love the first and second forms of the Alola starters, but it's the final evolutions that just totally lose me. The only other time I think I've disliked the final evolutions full-around was Gen I and even then, I came around to liking Venusaur's design a lot more after actually using it for a doubles team on Showdown. The best one of them for me is Incineroar and that's only because he just feels like generic (despite his concept).

I can never bring myself to box my starter :( And yeah it's weird, I usually find at least one to staple myself to, but this time I don't feel strongly about any of them. I don't even think they're bad or anything. I'll probably go with Primarina because I remember having a hard time finding a water type I liked last time.

I forgot what it was exactly, but apparently there's some sort of event on the 29th? I think it was described as like a "battle demonstration" of USUM, but new info is possible I guess.

Bet you that we will get more info on Friday this week as it's more or less Pokémon day with the release of Pokkén and Gold and Silver on 3DS virtual console.

Nice! Didn't know about what was going on in Birdie's post and yeah it would make sense for some info even if it's not much around Pokken and Gold/Silver launch.

Went primarina in my first run through. Going to go incineroar next time

Need to keep my tradition of never going grass starter even if I prefer decidueye over incineroar

Mr-Joker

Banned

I know what starter I will be picking...

tumblr_mr451aUMP01szc5wko1_500.gif

though in Ultra Moon I will be using Litten as a reserve and evolve him into a Torracat.

So far my rough team of Ultra Moon is;

-Charizard
-Komala
-Lurantis
-Alolan Golem
-Ribombee
-free slot for a water type

and my rough Ultra Sun team;

-Charizard
-Araquanid
-Palossand
-Togedemaru
-Passimian
-???

My Ultra Sun is currently unfinished as Togedemaru will only join the team if he can improve his move set via move tutor and can learn Iron Head. Passimian can only join if I can catch one with his hidden ability "Defiant" and I have a empty spot with no idea who to use.

Honestly I don't think that my Ultra Sun team will be set till after I have finished Ultra Moon but I have a feeling that it will end up being a mixed team of Pokémon across the generation, something that I have not done since White 2.

Gold and Silver release Friday and granted I haven't paid attention to this thread but seems like no hype on this release unlike R/B/Y :(

That would because;

-It isn't gen 1,
-Not releasing on the series 20th anniversary,
-Releasing in on the 3DS when most people have moved onto the Switch.

Personally like I have said I kinda want to get it but I am skipping out on it because it's much easier for me to stick with the cart as I can use Stadium to trade items.

Plus I wouldn't need to resort to owning another 3DS just to trade.

Jay RaR

If US/UM ever manage to catch my eye, I'd be playing US.

I would forsake all the starters and go for an All Normal Type team throughout.
And finally Tauros would be on my team that he should have been in my X/Moon playthroughs

brinstar

Thanks for reminding me about Togedemaru Joker, I actually did wanna put that guy on my squad. I also wanna try to use Tsareena this time I couldn't fit one in my party last game.

GoldStarz

Thanks for reminding me about Togedemaru Joker, I actually did wanna put that guy on my squad. I also wanna try to use Tsareena this time I couldn't fit one in my party last game.

I used a Tsareena on my team and she was pretty fun to use, I remember Trop Kick came in handy for one boss fight (I forget if it was a Totem or Skull battle though)

For Gen 8, I hope they continue with distinguishing different kinds of Pokemon such as the Tapu guardians and Ultra Beasts. Also one of my favorite aspects was how much thought they put in Alolas ecology. Explaining how certain Kanto Pokemon adapted to new forms or how various Alola Pokemon live in their natural habitat. I hope they continue with doing that.

I'd like to see another big 150 Pokemon gen with the breakdown looking something like this:

70- new standard, original Pokemon in the region
12- new hybrid Pokemon are introduced that are crosses of different gen Pokemon.
12- new cross-gen evolutions/pre-evolutions from Gens 4-7.
10- Legendaries
6- Ultra Beasts
30- Regional Forms from every gen but gen 1
10- Mega Evolutions focused on Gens 2 & 5-7.

GoldStarz

For Gen 8, I hope they continue with distinguishing different kinds of Pokemon such as the Tapu guardians and Ultra Beasts. Also one of my favorite aspects was how much thought they put in Alolas ecology. Explaining how certain Kanto Pokemon adapted to new forms or how various Alola Pokemon live in their natural habitat. I hope they continue with doing that.

I'd like to see another big 150 Pokemon gen with the breakdown looking something like this:

12- new hybrid Pokemon are introduced that are crosses of different gen Pokemon.
10- Legendaries
6- Ultra Beasts

1) Megas are done and also not new Pokemon

2) I'm pretty sure UBs are just a this-gen thing

3) How would hybrid Pokemon work? How would you explain that some Pokemon create hybrids but others do not?

lupinko

I'm debating on using a Love Ball on Tapu Lele in my primary Eshop Moon game. Starting from Gen 6 when I got into the various meta, I only ever catch in Premier Balls.

Same goes with breeding, unless I have access to Dream Ball Mon (thanks Dream Radar and random old trades!) or Love Ball Mon.

My next Gen 7 Dream Ball breeding projects will be Dream Ball Beldum, Porygon, Staryu and Rotom.

I'm debating on using a Love Ball on Tapu Lele in my primary Eshop Moon game. Starting from Gen 6 when I got into the various meta, I only ever catch in Premier Balls.

Same goes with breeding, unless I have access to Dream Ball Mon (thanks Dream Radar and random old trades!) or Love Ball Mon.

My next Gen 7 Dream Ball breeding projects will be Dream Ball Beldum, Porygon, Staryu and Rotom.

More power to you on the ball projects. I barely have enough patience for normal battle breeding.

But a love ball Lele would be cute, and I bet premier balls look classy with every Pokémon.

Gold and Silver release Friday and granted I haven't paid attention to this thread but seems like no hype on this release unlike R/B/Y :(

I'm definitely hyped and getting it Friday. Although at this point there's not a whole lot I really need off the game. And funny enough I just played through Gold last year right before Sun came out. But I always loved second gen.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
Not sure if I have want to continue/finish Yellow. I don’t want to get burnt out when GS is available.
Unless I wasn’t paying attention my Charizard still has ember, which I found funny. Other than Pikachu and the starters, I’m not sure what other Pokemon could good in my team.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I used a Tsareena on my team and she was pretty fun to use, I remember Trop Kick came in handy for one boss fight (I forget if it was a Totem or Skull battle though)

I want to use Tsareena on my team but she suffers the same problem as Togedemaru not enough viable move, so I am kinda hoping that Ultra Sun and Moon will fix that.

10- Legendaries
6- Ultra Beasts

I think that ultra beast will just be a gen 7 thing and that we are unlikely to get more, which is why Game Freak is introducing more for Ultra Sun and Moon.

Personally what I want to see is the return of cross gen evolution, I was really disappointed that only 1 Pokémon got it in gen 6 when a few of the Pokémon that got Mega could have easily been given cross gen evolution.

Not sure if I have want to continue/finish Yellow. I don’t want to get burnt out when GS is available.
Unless I wasn’t paying attention my Charizard still has ember, which I found funny. Other than Pikachu and the starters, I’m not sure what other Pokemon could good in my team.

Yeah Charizard move set in gen 1 weren't the great as he learnt Flamethrower at level 46 and the only fire move that was a TM was Fire Blast and that is given to you as a prize for defeating Blaine.

So you will have Ember as his only fire type move for a long time, which isn't too bad as once Charizard learn slash he will still be able to hold his own.

lupinko

Didn't you get the level 100 Nidoking at the start?

The Gen 1 games aren't a slog with level 100 Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Gengar.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member

This is actually my first time playing a Gen 1 game, so I’m unaware of all the tricks and glitches one can do.
I finished Pokemon Tower, so it’s time for Silph Co.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I beat it in about 3 hours with Nidoking and Gengar when I needed an extra eevee and fossil for the living dex. It's kinda fun but nowhere near necessary.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think if GameFreak ever introduces "Pokemon Fusions", they gotta put some limits in place---I think instead of willy-nilly fusing Pokemon together who have the same BST would be interesting.

I actually had an idea about Pokemon Fusions the other day that sort of played with the idea---y'see, I don't know if GameFreak would introduce a concept like that as a cool power-up. We've already seen them retcon Mega Pokemon in S/M as basically torture (?), and with them experimenting with non-Pokemon Pokemon like Ultra Beasts, so my idea was that Pokemon Fusions would basically be like Ultra Beast. Monstrous and bizarre, like perhaps failed science experiments. They'd have a few recognizable elements of the base Pokemon, but would otherwise be pretty weird.

One idea I had was that they'd have a codename like the Ultra Beasts but wouldn't have a real name---the first one I thought of was a fusion of Jynx and Primeape that ends up as a berserk long-haired monstrosity codenamed "Babayaga". And then Octillery and Victreebel would fuse into a codename "Kraken", a multi-armed multi-mouthed mutant.

Hey guys, So I am sorry if this has been discussed beforehand but I preordered Gold last week after the direct. I didn't receive my codes for the theme or Celebi. I also couldn't access the receipt option in the e-shop. So I sent them a quick support ticket about it, they told me to wait until 19th or 20th (forgot exactly). So today I still couldn't access the receipt option and still never received my codes.
So I sent them another ticket, and I just got a response saying I needed to call them, and that talking directly was the only way to solve the issue.
Anybody else getting that kind of response?
Of course, I am going to call them tomorrow. It just seems unnecessary.

Hey guys, So I am sorry if this has been discussed beforehand but I preordered Gold last week after the direct. I didn't receive my codes for the theme or Celebi. I also couldn't access the receipt option in the e-shop. So I sent them a quick support ticket about it, they told me to wait until 19th or 20th (forgot exactly). So today I still couldn't access the receipt option and still never received my codes.
So I sent them another ticket, and I just got a response saying I needed to call them, and that talking directly was the only way to solve the issue.
Anybody else getting that kind of response?
Of course, I am going to call them tomorrow. It just seems unnecessary.
Better result than me, I got a survey on how they responded as the response. I'll be calling soon myself.

Top Bottom