• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

CO_Andy

can't believe Sega considers Virtual-On to be more relevant than VF

that Fight'N Rage beat em up looks really sick. just what i need to wash ArcSys' terrible Double Dragon sequel from my mouth

Dahbomb

Crosspost from the MvCI OT. Any thoughts guys? I think restricting it early on is a bad idea, people will be more hesitant to change later.
It should definitely be allowed considering it's the DEFAULT setting of the game and doesn't really give an inherent advantage to anyone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It should definitely be allowed considering it's the DEFAULT setting of the game and doesn't really give an inherent advantage to anyone.
Agree. It's a pretty big handicap someone can put on themselves in the competitive realm, but I don't see a reason to disallow it; the macros aren't that useful and you still need timing for autocombos (I think?).

NEO0MJ

can't believe Sega considers Virtual-On to be more relevant than VF

that Fight'N Rage beat em up looks really sick. just what i need to wash ArcSys' terrible Double Dragon sequel from my mouth

COme on dummy, think about it. You can't have the VF characters be piloted by moeblobs, can you? That doesn't make sense! VO was the only option.

FSLink

Banned

How about the auto hyper combo giving benefits to a few characters? Because I definitely think that should be allowed as well.

CurlyW

Wouldn't it be more discouraging if ver. B were a balance patch? 5 years after FS hits arcade, they're balancing it out of nowhere instead of working on the next one?

Accent Core Plus: March 2008
Accent Core Plus R: September 2012
Xrd announced: May 2013

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Accent Core Plus: March 2008
Accent Core Plus R: September 2012
Xrd announced: May 2013
that's a good point. i can't speak for the anime community but i can say there would be frustration from VF players if sega was still dicking around with 5 though. time to shit or get off the pot.

Kumubou

COme on dummy, think about it. You can't have the VF characters be piloted by moeblobs, can you? That doesn't make sense! VO was the only option.
What, you can't switch out the VF characters with vocaloids? They never existed to begin with, so it would be just some friendly violence with no real-world consequences.

I would say they could go completely meta and just make it a giant fictional esport (much like the adventure modes they had in VF4 and VF5) and you just play as the players who then play the characters... except that's the exact same thing they're doing with A Certain Magical Virtual On. -_-

CO_Andy

The Marvel brand has been going down the crap hole lately. Shows, comics, and MVC.

Despite all the negativity, MVCi is hella fun to watch, and thankfully it doesn't look like they've dumbed down the gameplay. Game has a bright future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had trouble finding matches outside lobbies yesterday. :\

steam numbers arent good, but if you sit in training with fight request on its easier to find matches, just saying. usually only takes me about 20 seconds.

at least from my experience (I swear another Capcom fighter had this issue, SF4? 5?)

Dahbomb

The Marvel brand has been going down the crap hole lately. Shows, comics, and MVC.

Despite all the negativity, MVCi is hella fun to watch, and thankfully it doesn't look like they've dumbed down the gameplay. Game has a bright future.
Talk to me after Infinity Wars is out.

Line_HTX

mbpm, I think you might like this gem, errr, stone, errr, egg.

m1SMsty.png

kirblar

Game is 3 days late in the mail and still isn't here. I've literally resorted to redboxing MVCI because FUCK GAMESTOP.
I'm digital only on FGs because I end up playing the game on two different consoles when I'm at a friend's.

Was shocked at how smooth the PS4 unlock was for MvC:I.

Top Bottom