• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Lost power for a few mins tops.

Something about that Brownridge area. Haven't encountered many issues except that massive flooding a few years back.

It's that Clark divide!

Can I go to an e-sports bar and ask to watch the basketball game? Would they at least put on NBA2k with the Raptors having a team with Kevin Durant and Lebron James?

Kraftwerk

I would say something here but you've already been punished enough by drinking kave_man levels of diluted water.

I gave a buddy money to grab beer, and he brought back Coors light.

I think him and Kave_Man should become best friends. I specifically told him to get something good, and he brings back 24xcoors light.

JKjrOAg.jpg

source

Halibut and chips:
JNxsdI2.jpg

The Olde Yorke Fish & Chips

Mupod

Someday I'm going to own one of those digital pinball machines. I need it, or I won't be able to die.

My roommate's looking to build one. We built a MAME cabinet for my brother together a while back and this was gonna be the next project. I dunno when he's gonna get started but it sounds like fun even though I'm not a big pinball guy.

The partially constructed building on the left was going to have a Target inside it.
I'll bet they're having a good time figuring out what to put in there now.

I'm sure some other suburban monstrosity like Walmart or some such garbage will step up to fill it eventually.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Took the afternoon off from work. I need a mental health day.

My plan is to watch dumb youtube videos, drink some coooooooors light and watch the Leafs lose.

ahdurian

I wish I could have the day off even if I'm sick
on Tuesdays/Thursdays, even if I call in sick or have the day off, I have to come downtown for dialysis

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Took the afternoon off from work. I need a mental health day.

My plan is to watch dumb youtube videos, drink some coooooooors light and watch the Leafs lose.
And so saying that they'll now win...and the Raps will lose. Mental health isn't something you should rely Toronto Sports on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is getting some interesting comments over in OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1004779

Daniel Norris: the Blue Jays top prospect lives out of a van during spring training. I hope he breaks into the rotation this year. All my female friends who are Jays fans are swooning over this dude,

heard him do an interview on radio last year, seems like a cool dude
I already hate him out of jealousy and spite.
>=[

Is he really that good though? Seems like there is nothing the Jays can do to really turn it around this season after they were odds on favourite to win it all a few years back.

zroid

Banned
Jays are probably better this year than last... maybe...

they're much improved defensively, which was apparently a weakness the last couple years. batting is still top-heavy, but the top is very good.

Pitching is the wild card cause they're relying on the kids more, they have talent but who knows if they'll deliver.

Was kinda surprised to see 2-3 guys on the Yonge line today with 3DS's. 2 of them were wearing suits. Handhelds live on! I guess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nice food pics.

Will need to take wife there but she's back on the sushi kick so it might be awhile before she tries something new.

Takuan

Any of you guys familiar with condo law? Specifically the part that says they can arbitrarily declare a resident's account in arrears with no justification? Because my account's in arrears now and I'm confused.

Mupod

Feels like nobody in Etobicoke works on Fridays. I can leave 10 minutes late for work and get here 10 minutes early, no traffic.

Might be my last day at work though. I have no idea what the owner is thinking, but a few have quit over not being paid and I don't know if I'm going to get anything for last month. I guess I'm the most critical person, and if he pays anyone it'll be me. But it's not like the business can go anywhere with just me, at best I can keep the ship afloat and take care of the current customers.

God I hate job hunting, even if Toronto has actual jobs to apply for unlike Sudbury. I've been trying for the last couple months but the one day I took 3 hours off for an interview I came back and people were freaking out like the place was burning to the ground. I should have no trouble getting EI at least, I've worked 40 hour weeks since last July.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I saw that video and thought it might be Bathurst. Lots of unattended buses there as drivers jump off to (presumably) use the washroom that's there. I wonder if the driver was just a moron (there is no park on these buses, only neutral + setting the parking break), or if it's just more shitty TTC equipment failures.

Was kinda surprised to see 2-3 guys on the Yonge line today with 3DS's. 2 of them were wearing suits. Handhelds live on! I guess.

My wife and I play on the TTC all the time. The most common systems I see are from the DS family and surprisingly the PSP. I've seen a few Vita in the while on transit and I even saw an old original Game Boy a few years ago.

Azih

I saw that video and thought it might be Bathurst. Lots of unattended buses there as drivers jump off to (presumably) use the washroom that's there. I wonder if the driver was just a moron (there is no park on these buses, only neutral + setting the parking break), or if it's just more shitty TTC equipment failures.

My wife and I play on the TTC all the time. The most common systems I see are from the DS family and surprisingly the PSP. I've seen a few Vita in the while on transit and I even saw an old original Game Boy a few years ago.

Saw two guys playing what I think was Monster Hunter on the Go train a few days ago.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Finally got to try the soft shell crab burger at Fresh off the Boat last night:

C56Sar3.jpg

It was delicious, kind of like a crunchy chicken burger

Would definitely go again

N° 2048

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e20_1425607411

graffiti vandal tags storefront in Kensington Market and gets busted

Just happened today at 5pm eastern. I was working in the store when I get the hunch to go out, when im by the door i smelled fresh paint, and after looking I spot a big 25"x3' graffiti tag on my door panel. I rushed it quickly to check my cctv to see if he was still in the area and in effect he was. Took a picture of him with my phone and made it to the patio to look for him when to my surprise he trespassed in the property and was right in front of me.

After telling him off he denied what he did so I proceeded to make a citizens arrest and brought him down on the ground. On the floor he keeps denying it and starts acting weird and moving his arms which made me fear for my safety.

He then went to reach for the pockets and for precaution with this liar I quickly defended and snapped his nose. I acted in self defense against a trespasser into my property that also vandalized my wall.

According to the trespass to property act in ontario I can make a citizens arrest for trespassing or damaging private property if caught red handed. You also are allow to preserve your integrity and defend against imminent danger or a threat to your well being.

Also Under Section 40 of the Criminal Code, "everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority."

As some people watching from the street get concerned i tell him to not move and stay still, as approaching and explaining people what happened and asking them to please call the police, he takes the chance and scapes through the back.

I SUPPORT ART AND LOVE IT! but i condemn any form of vandalism to private and public property, People like him glorify their tags and graffities and literally screw others (specially small businesses) damaging their store-front and image. Not to mention the cost for the city.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e20_1425607411#X8vQTEi8AfCcIF8Z.99

ahdurian

Finally got to try the soft shell crab burger at Fresh off the Boat last night:

C56Sar3.jpg

It was delicious, kind of like a crunchy chicken burger

Would definitely go again

Got it when it first opened. So effin good

Also my work (Scotiabank) is hiring right now, but my director is being really picky and only wants MBAs or paralegals with high GPA. it's insane. I haven't even finished undergrad and I've been here for four years without issues.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A new contender has appeared to challenge the Grilled Cheese Fest's throne.

"I talked to a Jamaican guy.. he said Kensington liked art."

On one hand I hate people that tag like this on every clean surface they can find. This guy has no hesitation about doing it right out in the open at 5pm with people around. Our old neighbourhood basically had people repainting their garages every few weeks because taggers would just come and tag their doors, over and over and over.

On the other hand, I'm not sure you can / should go break the guy's nose over it. I'd imagine the property owner is in more trouble than the tagger now.

Not quite the same thing, but do you guys remember the citizen's arrest that happened in Chinatown a few years ago? The grocer who was being robbed from was eventually found not guilty.

"He then went to reach for the pockets and for precaution with this liar I quickly defended and snapped his nose."

Seems a bit excessive.

Dr.Acula

Banned
"He then went to reach for the pockets and for precaution with this liar I quickly defended and snapped his nose."

Seems a bit excessive.

If cops can do it, why can't we?

Such a polite, wussy tagger. He even sought permission from a Jamaican guy first! God I love Toronto sometimes :)

Quadratic

I play a lot on the subway. You get a surprising number of streetpasses. Back in the day you could tell who was playing Monster Hunter on the PSP by looking at their hands (Claw fingers).

explodet

muuuuuuuuuh
This week won't eeeeeeeend

Today started with me spilling coffee in my lap, and that set the tone for the rest of the day.

Top Bottom