• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misfits

Neo Member
What is it? Clicking the link just redirects me to the home page.

sorry, it's the release date for a game called wrecked revenge revisited.

Hello! Our formal announcement of the 28 March release date is tomorrow - but it's old news to you lot right?! You may not have seen some of the awesome decals in game though - basically you want people to know you are coming. Something like 580k car set ups infact! You like the sound of that?!

http://www.facebook.com/WeAreWrecked

Rlan

Yeah, since they made that terrible "Frogger 2" thing:

screenlg4.jpg

PopfulMail

Looks like a new promotion kicking off the new gamerscore cap for XBLA games starts April 18th.

Arcade Next:
Trials Evolution - april 18th
Bloodforge - april 25th
Fable Heroes - may 2nd
Minecraft - may 9th

Arcade NEXT

Misfits

Neo Member
trials evolution only 1200 microsoft points? wow, very surprised but i'm not so surprised by the minecraft price.

Gaspode_T

1600 wutdog.gif

Wow, I shouldn't be surprised, but this really does make Total Miner: Forge on the indie games section look like a pretty decent deal.

aku:jiki

trials evolution only 1200 microsoft points? wow, very surprised but i'm not so surprised by the minecraft price.
What arcade have you been buying games on to give you these expectations? Extremely few games have ever been 1600 and as far as I know, they have all failed miserably. Minecraft might change that and fuck Mojang for doing that. Their swimming pool full of money isn't big enough already?

Misfits

Neo Member
What arcade have you been buying games on to give you these expectations? Extremely few games have ever been 1600 and as far as I know, they have all failed miserably. Minecraft might change that and fuck Mojang for doing that. Their swimming pool full of money isn't big enough already?

i meant when you factor in the price of the pc game and that its apparently the latest version of the game. theres also all the addition of co-op both split screen and online and how content packed it is. its not a surprise, to me, that they decided to price it for 1600 points.

in terms of sheer content, i don't think theres a single game on xbox live arcade that could match minecraft.

Gaspode_T

Wait PC Minecraft costs 19 pounds?? When the heck did that happen? That's more than $25 USD right? I could swear I paid only like $3 for Minecraft when it was in alpha/beta or whatever, $25 is insanity. No wonder it's 1600 pts

Alex Kidd in Miracle World was built-in to my Sega Master System. I played a crazy amount of it as a kid. I will totally pay 400 just for that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
will be 400 points, way too much, 200points more like it

Wait, is it actually 400 points? That's a ridiculously good deal for the fantastic Super Hang-On. It'd also be a decent deal if it was just Revenge of Shinobi. But both of those games for $5? Amazing.

Oh, and fuck Alex Kidd.

Turnstyle

Finally picked up Stacking and the DLC. Loving it.

Still hovering over the buy button for Costume Quest. I played the demo when it came out and thought it was charming, but...it seems like the game play might get a little stale over the course of the game? The RPG battles didn't really appeal to me.

see5harp

I think I might actually buy every title in Xbox Next. I want them all. I'm really interested to see Fable: Heroes and Bloodforge.

I don't really know anything about Bloodforge but everything else seems like a solid buy. I really need to find one of those points cards on sale soon.

Finally picked up Stacking and the DLC. Loving it.

Still hovering over the buy button for Costume Quest. I played the demo when it came out and thought it was charming, but...it seems like the game play might get a little stale over the course of the game? The RPG battles didn't really appeal to me.

The costumes change things up just enough, the game isn't especially long. I remember myself and many others played through it in one sitting when it came out. Only about 4 hours or so.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I launched the Sine Mora demo. I'm not a shmup fan or anything, so I knew I wasn't going to buy the game for 1200 points. The mechanics seem good, bullet patterns interesting, crisp graphics...

But holy crap does it get bogged down with garbage. Tons and tons of ?German? text, cutscenes every ten seconds. I feel like every time I shoot something, I'm forced to fast-forward through a bunch of stuff to get to my next opportunity to shoot stuff.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Wait, is it actually 400 points? That's a ridiculously good deal for the fantastic Super Hang-On. It'd also be a decent deal if it was just Revenge of Shinobi. But both of those games for $5? Amazing.

Oh, and fuck Alex Kidd.
Yeah, I can't fathom why they chose Alex Kidd as the torchbearer for that pack. Should totally be Shinobi & Co.

Or better yet, when each franchise in it has enough games to fill a pack itself, make one for each instead of arbitrarily grouping three games that are totally tangential to each other.

Well, they just announced an early summer promotion. The one with Minecraft and Trials in it.

But yeah, I guess Joe Danger could be part of the real Summer of Arcade promo.

Ah, I guess I consider it more a Spring promotion. I know a lot of big games are vying for the Summer of Arcade so I'd wager we'll be waiting a while for concrete dates on them till the SoA line-up is announced.

Yeah, I can't fathom why they chose Alex Kidd as the torchbearer for that pack. Should totally be Shinobi & Co.

Alex Kidd is the character that kids will know, since he's been in Sega Tennis and Sega All Stars Racing. They won't have a clue what Shinobi is. So it appeals to Shinobi fans because they see Shinobi, and to people that weren't around when Alex Kidd was born because they can finally find out who he is.

Sectus

I hope Wrecked sells well. Mashed is one of my most favourite multiplayer games of all time. It's a shame it's not coming out for PC too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
400 would be fantastic. Each of these would gost $5 - $9 alone on Wii VC.

A few dollars is easily worth it for these games on the Xbox, especially with all the TLC M2 puts into these ports / emulations.

---

Hmmm, woulda been nice is Dungeon Fighter Live was a part of the Arcade NEXT promo. Oh well! Still looking forward to it and Awesomenauts more than any of those games, but they all look cool.

All 3 together would equal up to $60, too... buying all 4 of these could probably easily be much more exciting than many new disk releases (combined?), depending on your taste.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I hope Wrecked sells well. Mashed is one of my most favourite multiplayer games of all time. It's a shame it's not coming out for PC too.
Anything is possible.

We are incredibly excited for Wrecked Revenge here at CP – so we think the best news we’ve received all year so far was to say that Wrecked has a preliminary release date (to be confirmed next week) of March 28th. Amazing, hold on to your butts.

On other Wrecked news, if you would like a PC version to be released (and you should) then;

“Please email:

wrecked@supersonic-software.com

with the subject line “PC please!”

If there’s enough demand…”
The cars and splosions genre sure did get a huge boost in the last few months. I can barely keep up with all the new releases.

Hey folks - just popping in to toss up some new screens from SUPER TIME FORCE, and to mention that it'll be playable for the first time @ PAX East

H2a7o.png

d2K2o.png

qu8Zh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom