• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Demo Impressions Thread

Volcynika

822nC.png

Hey everyone, here's a thread to post your impressions on the demo of the game since it'll first be available in English today. If you're unsure what it is, it's a follow-up to Zero Escape: 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Flash Demo) for the Nintendo DS. Reading and puzzles, basically! Also blowing of minds. Do some Googlin'

Demo Availability
  • North America (Aksys Games) -- Releases 10/23/2012 on PlayStation Vita (Retail & PSN) and Nintendo 3DS
  • Europe (Rising Star Games) -- Releases Fall 2012 on PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS
    • PlayStation Vita -- ????
    • Nintendo 3DS -- ???

*For North America -- The demo contains only English voices, but the full game will have both English and Japanese voice-overs.*

I have no idea how the Europe release is being handled by RSG, so you should ask them if they're doing anything differently!

Also the OT will go up in two weeks, so everyone can move into there when it is posted. Also GAF is weird for me so I'm posting this thread now since it might not work for me later D:

Midou

I pre-ordered a physical copy off Amazon since like 2/3rds of my game are already digital. I loved 999, going to try the demo later today when it comes out. I'm curious how it all looks on the Vita screen, I'm a bit disappointed we couldn't get 2D sprites, but the vita can make 3D look pretty slick so I'd like to see.

Spierek

EU release was announced? Goddamnit, there goes my last reason not to buy a 3DS. Time to break the piggy bank and get the Aqua Blue one, along with VLR (and OoT3D, because, why not).

At first I thought about importing a PSV version because of no region lock, but that's a no-go until Sony stops that price dickwaddery.

grumpy

Europe (Rising Star Games) -- Releases Fall 2012 on PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS

PlayStation Vita -- ????
Nintendo 3DS -- ???

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT

When was this announced? I was about to order a used US 3DS from ebay just for this game.

Can someone confirm this, please?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
WHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT

When was this announced? I was about to order a used US 3DS from ebay just for this game.

Can someone confirm this, please?

Yep. It's been known for ages. I pre ordered my copy from Tesco Entertainment for £22.50

Platy

Any chance of a digital download on 3DS when the game arrives or it faces the same problem as the demo ?

Durante

I'd like to support the European release, but with no date set yet I'll just import the physical US version.

Also, I already said this, but dual voice is fantastic. Maybe I'll do a dual-buy with the US and EU versions!

Volcynika

Any chance of a digital download on 3DS when the game arrives or it faces the same problem as the demo ?

They've said nothing about a digital 3DS release as far as I know. Not sure if Aksys will do that though. I know XSEED still hasn't put Unchained Blades on the eShop yet. D:

Since we're about 3 weeks from release, I'm betting no chance of it happening on release if it eventually is available digitally.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Dammit Nintendo. :mad:

What price dickwaddery? The 3DS and Vita versions are both £30 on Amazon.
I'm guessing they mean PSV memory card prices, not something specifically VLR related.

I'd like to support the European release, but with no date set yet I'll just import the physical US version.

Also, I already said this, but dual voice is fantastic. Maybe I'll do a dual-buy with the US and EU versions!

They said november i think ?

Yes Boss!

Not really sure which version to go for quite yet. Guess I'll try both demos. Vita goes up today as well as the 3DS demo?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I had no idea this was coming today.
This is very nice to see. Will have to get after work (Damn GCT).

GCT is better than Europe update time in this case.

GSR

Lack of 3DS demo is disappointing, but c'est la vie. I'll watch the Vita demos on YouTube if anyone's kind enough to record them.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.

We're trying to make it happen, so hopefully soon after :)

As for the 3DS demo, if and when that comes out, it won't be until after the game is released >.<

Platy

We're trying to make it happen, so hopefully soon after :)

As for the 3DS demo, if and when that comes out, it won't be until after the game is released >.<

please please please please

My country puts INSANE taxes on games (price usualy ends up 5 times the original) and the only way a normal human being can buy games is importing (wich puts you on a luck roll that might or might not be taxed) or using a USA account and download games =x

Top Bottom