• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Demo Impressions Thread

Nibel

That sounds like a question June from 999 would ask *blush*

iITWf6KAF6vU4.gif

Won't play the demo - because I'll hopefully get it day one :)

Astra

I am going in fresh for Last Escape. I went in completely blind for 999 based solely on a friend's recommendation, knowing only that it was a visual novel/puzzle style game and I was blown away.

Kazerei

Banned
Is this a game similar to Ghost Trick?

Not really. Both are driven by a mystery story, but Ghost Trick is more of a puzzle game revolving around the ability to control objects in specific ways, while Zero Escape is more of a point-and-click visual novel adventure thing. The puzzles in Zero Escape involve searching, finding clues and items, using items in the right context, stuff like that. Zero Escape also has branching storylines depending on your actions and dialogue choices.

Anyways, if you enjoyed games like Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk 215, Ace Attorney, and Professor Layton, I think you'll enjoy Zero Escape too. Very different gameplay, but similarly driven by mystery.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh I haven't used my vita in too long, battery is at like 10% so I can't update to the latest firmware to get on psn ( つ Д `)

Playing it. Really cool. There are some typos in it. Phi says "I donno about that."
I don't think that's a typo. I believe that's just the way she would say "don't know" there is just no grammatically correct way to write it the way she would say it. It's to give her personality, at least I think.

Shinriji

What's the typo in that line?

Thanks! <3 We included the Japanese so people could play it that way, after all. I just want people to give the English a chance.

Well, I've never read donno before, I've always read "dunno", but that's fine. Demo is really short. The DS one is better.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks so crisp and clean on the vita. It still kind of reminds me how much I miss the sprites though.

Spierek

What price dickwaddery? The 3DS and Vita versions are both £30 on Amazon.

I was talking about the console price, since I was still deciding between buying one of those handhelds. Seeing how 3DS is two times cheaper (and that's without counting the memory card price, which is just ridiculous with Sony's sticks), Nintendo wins this round in my book, even though they've got the dreaded region lock.

Luigi87

Is there a way to shut off auto-dimming on Vita's screen? I am setting the game to continue via Auto, but because I'm not pressing anything, after about a minute or so, the screen dims, so I need to move an analog stick at least to get the brightness back.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I was talking about the console price, since I was still deciding between buying one of those handhelds. Seeing how 3DS is two times cheaper (and that's without counting the memory card price, which is just ridiculous with Sony's sticks), Nintendo wins this round in my book, even though they've got the dreaded region lock.

I want to know where I can find this $145 3DS.

Top Bottom