• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Shawsie64

Banned
So these are banned in the stupidest country in the world, Australia.. How I go about getting some here? Anyone from Oz imported?

EDIT:

"Yes, nicotine electronic cigarette cartridges are available for Australia. But only if they are sent via mail from outside the country - which is what we do"

From here:

http://www.elusionelectroniccigarette.com.au/

Chojin

Update on my e-cigarette adventure:

So I've tried another flavor now besides "Camels" e-juice.

Went with Banana Creme, oh my god its awesome, its like smoking a twinkie (HAR HAR).

In addition my pack habits right now is like 2 per week. Hopefully cutting down to real smokes to one pack a week (its mostly for emergencies when I'm out of battery power, I need to get a usb thingus and just pretend my PC is a hookah) and buy some extra batteries.

I've saved so much money in the past week. Sadly I've been buying more games as a result.

Recently I've been couging up the shit that I've had in my lungs for the past 15 years. Its gross, but its a good feeling :p

The weirdest shit now though with the cash I'm saving I'm using what I'd normally buy in smokes in a little cookie jar and saving up for a bike, in about two months I should be able to buy a decent non-shitty non-department store bike and use THAT to bike to work (its only 3 miles away). That in turn will save me MOAR cash.

Who knows maybe I can get out of an apartment and buy a house one day :p (haha who the fuck am I kidding)

Anyway, this is really bad ass.

Fantasmo

Totally getting sick of the money sink and grossness of cigarettes. Tried everything else. Figure I'll give this a shot because I'll still be "smoking" which is part of the habit. Hoping that this cuts my cigarette smoking down or eliminates it completely. Bought the 901 starter kit along with a few eliquids and a couple manual batteries. Crossing my fingers !

So I just smoked what I hope to be my last cigarette about 5 minutes ago. No e-cigs, no complaining, just doing the cold turkey routine.

We'll see how it goes.

P.S. Shawsie, your avatar = <3

Fantasmo

Funky Functionality said:
So I just smoked what I hope to be my last cigarette about 5 minutes ago. No e-cigs, no complaining, just doing the cold turkey routine.

We'll see how it goes.

Good luck to you!

I tried one of these at a wedding last 2-3 months ago, felt really good. it was just like smoking, fumes and all, and I didnt feel like I had to have a ciggy while smoking that. I smoke benson & hedges regular. Pack per day.

I have some questions:

1) Where can I pick one up in Canada? Mabbe order online, if so which site?
2) If I currently have about 15 smokes a day, what intake mg should I start at?
3) Whats the whole battery issues im hearing? Is it poor build quality?
4) What bad effects do these things have? If any.
5) As a starter, what are the "must know" pieces of info I should be concerned about.

Thanks to anyone that replies. I'm really worried about me not being able to quit analogs. I have been smoking for 10 years now and lately I've noticed I'm smoking more and more. Not to mention I pay about 10$ a pack, a day.

:( thanks brah's..

daw840

Frustrated_me said:
I tried one of these at a wedding last 2-3 months ago, felt really good. it was just like smoking, fumes and all, and I didnt feel like I had to have a ciggy while smoking that. I smoke benson & hedges regular. Pack per day.

I have some questions:

1) Where can I pick one up in Canada? Mabbe order online, if so which site?
2) If I currently have about 15 smokes a day, what intake mg should I start at?
3) Whats the whole battery issues im hearing? Is it poor build quality?
4) What bad effects do these things have? If any.
5) As a starter, what are the "must know" pieces of info I should be concerned about.

Thanks to anyone that replies. I'm really worried about me not being able to quit analogs. I have been smoking for 10 years now and lately I've noticed I'm smoking more and more. Not to mention I pay about 10$ a pack, a day.

:( thanks brah's..

Check out that e-cig forum that is linked in the OP. It is full of a TON of useful information, but I will try to give you an idea.

1. Definitely order online. Many sites out there, awesomevapor.com is where I got mine at
2. IDK, the 18mg one seems to be fine. I do like the higher ones as well. When you get a starter kit you will get some different strengths
3. Battery is just small. I always carry one spare battery with me and it seems to work just fine.
4. It can't be worse than regular cigs
5. Always keep spare parts around just in case.

grumble

Funky Functionality said:

We'll see how it goes.

That's how I quit. That only works if you really want to quit, right down to your core. If you quit because you think you should or because people are telling you to it won't happen.

If you really want to though the few weeks of irritation and the cravings won't faze you at all. I had to quit coffee though for a few months, as I'd get a huge craving whenever I drank one (used to have coffee and smokes).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
anyway to add thc to these things? or marijuana flavors? :lol
maybe change the ejuice with hash oil? :x

Broseybrose

I just ordered myself a Joye510 from awesomevapor thanks to this thread. Im pretty damn excited to stop killing myself and save significant monies. Will post impressions when it arrives.

Broseybrose

Well my Joye510 came in the mail today. Im really impressed with it. Ive only smoked one real cigarette in the past 6 hours. The thing is classy looking and works great... I just have to get used to it. Im a pretty heavy smoker, so I started off with the 24mg high strength rum flavor. It has actually made me a little dizzy and nauseous... wasnt expecting that! Luckily i have regular strength vanilla and cream liquid which im going to try now.

I recommend it to anyone as a useful, neat little tool to help stop smoking nasty ass regular cigarettes. NO SMELL!!!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Rise! Rise from the dead!

I'm resurrecting this thread because it's a very good one and it's the new year. So I wanted to know:
  1. How's the vaping?
  2. Found any good vendors?
  3. Welcome to new (or interested) converts!

The only thing I had difficulty with was that couldn't find an 'American Spirit' juice. Well, I found one! I just got the notification that the shipment is on it's way! If people are interested, I will post impressions.

daw840

RiccochetJ said:
Rise! Rise from the dead!

I'm resurrecting this thread because it's a very good one and it's the new year. So I wanted to know:
  1. How's the vaping?
  2. Found any good vendors?
  3. Welcome to new (or interested) converts!

The only thing I had difficulty with was that couldn't find an 'American Spirit' juice. Well, I found one! I just got the notification that the shipment is on it's way! If people are interested, I will post impressions.

You know, I definitely fell off the wagon on this one and haven't used my e-cig in quite a while. Now that you resurrected this thread I have plugged my battery in and I'm gonna do it again. Thanks!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
daw840 said:
You know, I definitely fell off the wagon on this one and haven't used my e-cig in quite a while. Now that you resurrected this thread I have plugged my battery in and I'm gonna do it again. Thanks!
Heh, yea that happens sometimes. I went through a burst where I just got lazy and it felt more convenient to just go to the store for a regular pack of cigs.

Anyways my shipment of American Spirit juice showed up and I'm impressed. They get amazingly close to simulating the taste of the Yellow or Orange packs and the throat hit and smoke is great.

Any flavor favorites out there? My other regular juice is Red Bull and well, you have to like Red Bull to enjoy it :D

UltraMav

So did EVERYONE fall off the wagon? I just got my first e-cig starter kit a little less than a week ago, and have been using it every day, but still smoking 3 or so real cigarettes. Should I expect to cave in completely or push for dropping the real thing altogether? Just curious where the rest of the GAF vapers ended up.

daw840

UltraMav said:
So did EVERYONE fall off the wagon? I just got my first e-cig starter kit a little less than a week ago, and have been using it every day, but still smoking 3 or so real cigarettes. Should I expect to cave in completely or push for dropping the real thing altogether? Just curious where the rest of the GAF vapers ended up.

Well, I have given up everything nicotine related and have been doing pretty well with it. Almost 3 full weeks

UltraMav

On my last cold-turkey run I made it just over a month before caving in. Getting over the initial nicotine cravings was tough but doable for me, it was the psychological aspect that got me. Having a roommate who smokes too probably made it too easy to fail as well. Was hoping that e-cigs would help me get past craving the act itself.

Unfortunately not five minutes after I posted last my second and only remaining atomizer burned out, rendering the whole process moot until I order replacements. Looks like it's back to cancer sticks for me in the mean time!

Congratulations on going for it all the way though, I wish you luck.

Hari Seldon

I'm still e-cigging full speed ahead. My Joye 510 has worn out, so I purchased an eGo kit from awesomevapor.com. It is really nice. The battery lasts forever. I switch between the eGo and the KR 808 D-1 to keep from burning too hot.

I'm using the ceramic cartomizers now. A cartomizer is a cartridge and an atomizer in one, they are sort of disposable, you get about a week out of 1 (at my level of vaping). Cartomizers are nice because if you vape a while with an atomizer, it starts to crud up and you have to clean it. A cartomizer gives you perfect vaping until it wears out and you replace it. I haven't done a cost analysis on it, so it might be costing me more, I'm not sure.

The ceramic ones are a little tricky to fill, you have to use a syringe. However the vaping is smooth and perfect.

I tried a few puffs on one at a festival a year or so ago, only ever once seen them in a shop and didn't have enough to get one, might buy one some day if I have enough spare cash and nothing more interesting to buy

For the past 2 weeks I've been avoiding the annoying marketers at an "Electronic Cigarettes" booth that's been temporarily set up outside Victoria train station, but I'm interested in this. I've been avoiding them because they've been going up to and bothering all the people they see smoking, and I don't appreciate the hard sell. Much rather get info and advice from actual users, and not those who are after a commision.

So, I smoke and have done since I was 15 (32 now). Was on a pack a day, but in the past few years I've switched to rolling my own (cheaper, lasts longer - 12.5g box lasts almost 3 days @ approx £3.20 per box) except on the odd visit to the pub where I get a pack just to save the hassle of manufacturing a fag every time I want one.

So, I actually have a bit of money spare in my account and can likely pick myself up a starter kit. So, what do you guys recommend, and are there any out there that actually look like cigarettes, rather than just shaped like them.

Advice and recommendations before I go off the idea plz.

Chojin

Well I fell off the wagon going back to the Philippines last October and this March. Problem is in the Philippines its about a dollar a pack there, and thats for imports! Plus they have mild sevens, which the japanophile in me loved when I used to live there. I also bought a carton of them for getting back to the states.

Now that I'm down to my last pack, on my way up to Myrtle Beach I found they sell ecigs at gas stations, they're basically 510s that claim not to be refillable, but they are, the kit was 19 bucks, comes with two prefilled carts that taste like Kamel or 555, an atomizer and a usb fast charger. The problem with my 510 before was that the stupid battery charger wasn't working so well, the led stopped lighting up, I had to jam a wad of paper to press against it like it was a friggan NES cart just to get it to charge.

When I get back to Atlanta I'm going to order an EgoTank atomizer, EgoT cart, and the Ego usbpassthru/battery thiing. All together it looks cheaper than the ego kit (I don't need two atomizers) and looks like you can hookah it up via usb while it charges.

So yeah fiddling with these cheapo 510s I think the EgoT will do it for me.

Safe to say I haven't bought a pack of american smokes since getting the e-cigs, its just cheap smokes in asia lured me back in haha.

But being back in the states I'll be back on the e-cigs, and happy for it.

Update:

My egotank, cart and passthru came in last night. It's amazing. There's no more silly sponge thing you drip into the ego-t carts just fill up with juice and are transparent so you can see how much you got left. The atomizer itself is pretty damn amazing. You can take long hard pulls and blow crazy ass smoke rings with it. Throat hit is spot on and its the closest simulation of smoking a cigarette I've experienced yet.

Awesomevapor.com also has some pretty damn good customer service. I had some trouble with it cause it didn't seem to charge or activate out of the box. So I sent them an email at 2am. An hour later I got an email back stating there's a safety built in and you have to push the button 5 times, it prevents pocket vapes. If you want to turn the safety back on you just push the button 5 times again.

I really think this is it. The 510 had me having a real smoke once or twice a day, but this thing is pretty beast. The battery apparently is 650Mah and will last a long time, but since i'm a lazy ass and there's always a usb port near me, I can just chug away at it.

As much as I love to smoke, my fiance, my parents, my roomate/best friend all hate it and tend to do the usual "cough cough" "you stink" crap. Now I can have best of both worlds.

Daw: I hope you didn't fall off the wagon. But I understand, tobacco is so tempting, but if I could shill anything, try the Ego-T. You got me to the website, and they really came through on this.

Has anyone on Gaf tried White Cloud Cigarettes? I'm considering purchasing it as my main E-Cigarette. I tried it while at the mall, and it was damn good, but I want to know what Gaf's thought is on this particular brand?

Feep

Banned
I'm not a smoker, and so I would never start, but I approve of e-smoking (or at least, I have no negative opinion of it). I'm interested in introducing a friend to e-smoking; what should I tell her to buy? And what are the health detriments as opposed to traditional smoking?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Shawsie64 said:
So these are banned in the stupidest country in the world, Australia.. How I go about getting some here? Anyone from Oz imported?

EDIT:

"Yes, nicotine electronic cigarette cartridges are available for Australia. But only if they are sent via mail from outside the country - which is what we do"

From here:

http://www.elusionelectroniccigarette.com.au/

LOL, that is fucked up, so you guys can buy real cigs, and not healthy ass fake cigs..

I just hope your next generation of government is more down to earth.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Attackthebase said:
Has anyone on Gaf tried White Cloud Cigarettes? I'm considering purchasing it as my main E-Cigarette. I tried it while at the mall, and it was damn good, but I want to know what Gaf's thought is on this particular brand?
Unbelievably expensive. IMO there are much cheaper products out there that are just as good. I would say that you need to make sure that you REALLY want it before committing.

Feep said:
I'm not a smoker, and so I would never start, but I approve of e-smoking (or at least, I have no negative opinion of it). I'm interested in introducing a friend to e-smoking; what should I tell her to buy? And what are the health detriments as opposed to traditional smoking?
Lots of different opinions out there but I like my 510 Titan ones and I just mod the cart. As for the health stuff, here's a link about E-Liquid lab/toxicology:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ing/2716-e-liquid-lab-toxicology-reports.html. But like it says there, you need to do your own research.

Just stepping in to say I'm glad to see there is something that seems just as effective, but healthier/cleaner for everyone involved and cheaper than regular cigarettes out there. This from someone that doesn't smoke cigs (but will the occasional cigar).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, so I got an E-Cig from the local Speedway, just a $10 cheapie disposable one. Really, just to see if I liked it. And aside from the taste being...odd (which I attribute to it being a cheap disposable) it's great. So now I'm interested in getting a rechargeable/reusable one. I don't want anything top of the line at all, just something that's as cheap as possible while still being not-horrible quality. Something with a decent flavor would be nice too.

Any recommendations from e-cig GAF?

Chojin

Seraphis Cain said:
Alright, so I got an E-Cig from the local Speedway, just a $10 cheapie disposable one. Really, just to see if I liked it. And aside from the taste being...odd (which I attribute to it being a cheap disposable) it's great. So now I'm interested in getting a rechargeable/reusable one. I don't want anything top of the line at all, just something that's as cheap as possible while still being not-horrible quality. Something with a decent flavor would be nice too.

Any recommendations from e-cig GAF?

Well the Ego-T system is what got me from smoking for good. Though I did use that disposable one (hint you can pop the op and reuse liquid in it if you want to be ghetto) and the throat hits on those are awesome. The Ego-T was great cause you can plug it into a usb charger and use it while its charging, but the Atomizer honestly is shit. It's like sucking a milkshake for barely any vapor. I tried all the mods online to give it a better pull and all it did was end up leaking and making my hands a dribbly mess.

Just yesterday I received an Ego-T Low Resistance Atomizer.

Holy fucking shit. The difference is phenomenal. How about NO resistance? You pull that and you're billowing "smoke". You can do all those dorky things you do with smoke: Rings, pull back through your nose, fill up a plastic bag. Its just awesome.

I got it from the website Daw mentioned. Awesomevapor. I ordered and got it next day using regular shipping. But then again I live in Atlanta and they're based in Georgia so yeah.

But yeah, this is also thinly veiled update to let everyone know I'm smoke free for like 2 and a half months. Go me :D

Broseybrose

Yup. Shit works. I started using an Stainless Steel eGo XL, 510 atty (regular resistance), and a drip tip in 07/10. Some juices from Backwoods Brew or Vaperite or ivape (theyre all so good) are all I need.

I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. Period. They stink. Ive converted to vaping. It's delicious.

@Seraphis: LibertyFlights.com usually has the best prices on eGo and Riva kits in the States. Pick up a 510 starter kit. If by chance you are in or near China, look at eastmall.com

I just got the BLU brand (http://www.blucigs.com/) for my wife. She smokes Malboro Menthol, but she is going to make the switch to BLU. She really likes it. However, I will probably start refilling the cartomizers with smoke juice with a stronger menthol flavor.

I recently found out about this site: http://top5electroniccigarettes.com/
It has some decent reviews and links to discount codes for the top 5.

I'm excited because my wife really wants to quit, but it was difficult due to her having issues with the nicotine patches, not liking the gum, etc. This way, she still gets her nicotine, the feeling of taking a drag (for the most part), without having all of the other cancerous ingredients. The nicotine in the e-cigs are comparable to the Nicotine Patches as far as TSNA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco-specific_nitrosamines) so it is definately safer.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Haha, wow, I totally forgot to check this thread for replies. :lol

Thanks for replying, Chojin/Broseybrose, but I don't vape anymore. I managed to cut smoking out completely and have been 100% smoke/nicotine free for over a month! :D

2 of my workmates have been using them for a few months now.

It hasn't stopped them from smoking normal cigarettes though and I can't really see how it would.

I stopped smoking about 4 years ago from simply not buying any more. I guess I was lucky.

MarkMclovin said:
It hasn't stopped them from smoking normal cigarettes though and I can't really see how it would.
Why? It provides absolutely everything that's actually desirable from a cigarette. Unless you have a hankering for tar and cyanide that is.

I know loads of people who switched completely... though doing that does take a little willpower as it's not exactly the same experience.

mrplaid

I've been smoking on and off for about five years and I've been thinking a lot lately about switching to ecigarettes. I tried one at a friend's house once and I liked it, but they're a tad on the expensive side. Plus, I can't help but feel I would look like a total douche sucking on an electronic light-up swizzle stick in public.
So what would you guys recommend for someone who wants to switch, but wants an ecigarette that looks as much like a normal cigarette as possible? I'm looking at the Halo G6. I like the USB charging adapter, as well.
When I smoke ("analog") cigarettes, I normally smoke American Spirit Periques (in the death metal black box). How can I find out what nicotine level should I be looking at in order to maintain a comparable level to what I'm used to when I start looking at nicotine levels for my ecigarettes?

Not being specific on brands (there are hundreds), but plenty of them don't light up... so you really don't have to look like a twat. Some really classy gear out there too, but it's not cheap so I don't recommend starting with it.

Psychotext said:
Why? It provides absolutely everything that's actually desirable from a cigarette. Unless you have a hankering for tar and cyanide that is.

Exactly. You're not quitting. You're just smoking something else that isn't bad, or as bad, as normal cigarettes. There's no cut off.

That is fine, of course, if you're not actually looking to quit.

MarkMclovin said:
Exactly. You're not quitting. You're just smoking something else that isn't bad, or as bad, as normal cigarettes. There's no cut off.

That is fine, of course, if you're not actually looking to quit.
The cut off is all of your own making. I finished a pack of analogues, started using my ecig and never looked back. Of course you're not going to quit analogues unless you actually choose to.

mrplaid said:
I've been smoking on and off for about five years and I've been thinking a lot lately about switching to ecigarettes. I tried one at a friend's house once and I liked it, but they're a tad on the expensive side. Plus, I can't help but feel I would look like a total douche sucking on an electronic light-up swizzle stick in public.
So what would you guys recommend for someone who wants to switch, but wants an ecigarette that looks as much like a normal cigarette as possible? I'm looking at the Halo G6. I like the USB charging adapter, as well.
When I smoke ("analog") cigarettes, I normally smoke American Spirit Periques (in the death metal black box). How can I find out what nicotine level should I be looking at in order to maintain a comparable level to what I'm used to when I start looking at nicotine levels for my ecigarettes?

I would start here: http://www.top5electroniccigarettes.com/

Also, you should check this forum out: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/

I had personally picked the blu brand because they look close to a normal cigarette, but it lights up blue on the end, which I think is cool. I also got them because of them using smoke juice which was VG based. Some people are allergic to PG based smoke juice. When you order, you can select diferent nicotine levels.

There are plenty of other brands/models out there for you to use, but it could get confusing.

soepje

I'm a smoker and after reading all this i'm quite interested in using this healthier alternative. Does anyone know a good place to order this stuff in the Netherlands? And what should i get to get started?

soepje said:
I'm a smoker and after reading all this i'm quite interested in using this healthier alternative. Does anyone know a good place to order this stuff in the Netherlands? And what should i get to get started?

Check the links in my previous post. A lot of companies ship internationally, except for those countries which ban them.

Raistlin

I've been vaping for about a month or so.

The cool thing is one of my coworkers actually has an e-cig company he's in the midst of getting off the ground ... lots of product to test :)

I'll post some info once he has things a bit more stable. He's working on some custom designs right now.

[SIDETRACK]

LOL at calling traditional cigarettes analog ... and I thought 'digital amplifier' was a shit metaphor :D

Count Dookkake said:
Stupid question: is it okay for battery life to keep the Blu plugged in all the time when I am at my desk? I just want them to be fully charged whenever I go outside, so as not to end up needing a real cig in the event of battery failure.

Thanks.

I wouldn't leave the Blu battery plugged in all of the time. It will only take 30 mins to charge the battery. Once the color changes from red to blue, take it out. It's the same for the Pack. If you leave the battery charging in the pack for too long, they will both lose charge. I'm not entirely sure about the usb charger, but I wouldn't recommend it. I would just charge it after each time you use it if you are worried.

Top Bottom