• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Most popular decks at different ranks (33,000 games)

Legend

GuDFDjt.png

Rank 1-5

4MCrr6v.png

Rank 6-10

fKvmEtT.png

Rank 11-15

gobclaz.png

Full write-up: http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-6/

Levi

Banned
Looking at their match-up data, it looks like if you want to beat aggro shaman, your choice is midrange Shaman, zoolock or Warrior.

Coincidentally, the most popular decks other than Shaman? Zoolock and Warrior.

I'm having a ton of fun playing Wild with Tempo Mage. I'm not seeing Shaman or Hunter at all. Warriors are rare. Seems like at my current rank (12) it's all about Priest, Druid and Mage.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GIMME DAT SALT SON!!!!

zkO6IsN.jpg

Degenerate Hunter player has the galls to say something like that when I am trying to play Miracoli Rogue on Ladder. He got whooped by the way.

But that's a Druid player ....

Oh snap, Darkshire Librarian has a purpose!

Great get from Piloted Shredder.

Least favorite Shredder moment: opponent gets Cho right before I pop Call of the Wild. -_-

Dahbomb

That graph makes it pretty obvious why Warrior is the most common class on Ladder... it just simply has the most viable archetypes. You can play Control, Cthun, Aggro, Tempo and even Dragon Warrior.

That's how every class should be in the game.

Most common single deck seems to be Zoolock followed by Aggro Shaman.

Though once again, people are underestimating Midrange Shaman in favor of jumping on the Hunter bandwagon.

Edit: Wow, Freeze Mage gets stomped in the current meta. Dead deck.

That graph makes it pretty obvious why Warrior is the most common class on Ladder... it just simply has the most viable archetypes. You can play Control, Cthun, Aggro, Tempo and even Dragon Warrior.

Though once again, people are underestimating Midrange Shaman in favor of jumping on the Hunter bandwagon.
In my experience, Midrange Shaman struggles against Warrior and Zoolock if you don't get the god draw. Hunter isn't as crazy as Shaman with good draws, but it isn't as limited, either.

fertygo

Didn't peep were complaining how limited Wsrrior are and in serious problem losing deathbite..

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think Standard needs some more expansions or something to allow other classes more options. Specifically priest and Mage. It is really bad at the moment, so many classes are simply too one-note to be competitive.
Freeze mage may as well not exist given how bad it is at the moment.
Warlock might as well not have anything other than Zoo (and Zoo is probably a bit too good).
Hunter has basically nothing other than "midrange" (which is just aggro but includes Highmanes and Call of the Wild because they are too insane to not include).
Priest has even less. They have to play control.
Paladin has lots of choices but they are all currently terrible because Zoo is so strong and their control options have been completely figured out.

The game just feels like there aren't enough cards that allow classes to do multiple things. I don't know if making more versatile cards or simply just MORE cards in general is the answer, but something is going to have to give.

Portugeezer

I've been playing more Arena recently, getting better, my best was 9 wins with a Warlock yesterday.

I think this Druid deck I churned out looks even better, how many wins you guys think is possible?

beastdruidfxbxs.jpg

Damn, only got 9 wins. Lost to Lava Burst top deck after killing one of his minions with hero power, I had to though.

jgminto

Running into Renolocks these days is such a treat. The shift away from non-zoolocks is definitely the worst thing about this season, it's such an exciting deck to both pilot and face.

jgminto

Rogue might be better than Mage for the Brawl. Mage can't do anything against a massive Van Cleef on turn 3 while you remove their minions with Backstab and Deadly Poison.

Mulgrok

Cruddy arena draft and at 3-2 I lose to a rogue when I had lethal next turn, but his piloted shredder drops an undercity huckster that gave him fireball for lethal.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Running into Renolocks these days is such a treat. The shift away from non-zoolocks is definitely the worst thing about this season, it's such an exciting deck to both pilot and face.

Last four or five warlocks i have faced have been hand/renolocks.

Eh, blame Blizzard. They gave Zoolock three really good cards and all other Warlock archetypes got a big fat zero, unless you count the C'Thun card which is kind of okay but still probably the second worst of the C'Thun decks.

fertygo

Eh, blame Blizzard. They gave Zoolock three really good cards and all other Warlock archetypes got a big fat zero, unless you count the C'Thun card which is kind of okay but still probably the second worst of the C'Thun decks.

I'll holding their word they not made any new demon this time just because the theme of old gods

I better see a lot of new demon at next 2 chance, not meme tier hurt you more card too

wiibomb

this is brutal...

at rank 18 I've been playing with people full of golden decks and golden legendaries... kind of a bummer, but I managed to defeat some and got on 17.

I had a rogue playing me shadowcaster into a Brann and then another shadowcaster into the shadowcaster. it was madness...

finally took me out with a 38/38 C'thun

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Renolock used to be one of my favorite decks but I don't really know why people would run it now. It still feels so gutted everytime I see it in action now.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You should get an extra pack for winning the Tavern Brawl as anything but a mage this week.

I've been having fun triggering people by running all the Paladin cards from Wild that aren't in Standard.

EVERY GAME is Minibot, Muster, Kings, Quartermaster. Sogood.jpg
I only run 1 Kings, but you could do 2 and 1 Quartermaster. Both are good. It reminds you when the class was good.

Tarazet

Played warrior with FWA x2, Execute x2, WW x2, Blood to Ichor

easy game vs mage.

I did something similar, which works great against most classes and works awesome against Mage if you can bait out the Flamecannons first before dropping a Berserker or two:

CTlow3q.jpg

rahji

just got a legendary in my pack from arena!
But sadly it was shifter zerus. I think there is not really a use for him right now. Or is there?

JesseZao

I love Shifter Verus. I play him in control decks that can drag a game out like my astral druid. More turns to get a perfect choice.

Yeah unfortunately it came out in December so it qualifies as a 2015 release on par with BRM and TGT. Shame really, because it is by some distance the best content update we've had so far.

Might even have to start playing wild next year.

Celegus

Poor arena paladin just played Anyfin and nothing happened. Guess he didn't have anything better in hand? I was nowhere near lethal.

Apathy

Yeah unfortunately it came out in December so it qualifies as a 2015 release on par with BRM and TGT. Shame really, because it is by some distance the best content update we've had so far.

Which sucks because reno, Elise and sir finley are awesome cards that deserve to be part of standard.

Also that title is tilting

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/577050-top-100-asia-legend-lokshadow-f2p-otk-warrior

Here's a warrior deck someone took to Legend on the Asia server, using only basic cards (no rares or above, no adventure cards.)

I took it for a spin, had 20 damage on turn 8 vs a Warlock. Pretty nice.

LoK is really good w/ OTK warrior so nice to see him run a free one to legend. His list usually runs grim patron as an alternate win condition in certain match ups. I've tried playing it but it does take some effort to make the right plays

Won a Miracle Rogue game without ever drawing/playing Auctioneer. Truly a miracle.

Got really lucky though. Azure Drake gave me Eviscerate on his Fandral and I used Sap on his Dark Arakkoa. Next turn, he plays it again, then Innervates out another Dark Arakkoa. Thankfully I had Shadow Strike and my other Sap.

Levi

Banned
Got hated on so much by a mage at rank 5 wild. 2 eater of secrets into 2 mirror entity copying MC and Lightlord.

What does that deck do against non secret pala decks?

Well, Eater is good vs Hunter, the mirror, and Paladin. It sucks otherwise but Mech Mage can snowball out of control so a couple of dead cards might not be too horrible.

I've also been told that Secret Pally is the majority of the match-ups at Wild once you get to about Rank 5, so it's probably a good tech choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom