• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2016

vanty

F-Zero X analog sensitivity really is messed up. Seems like the first 50% of movement is all dead zone and then crams the whole N64 stick into the last 50%. I fired up my 64 to compare and it has no dead zone meaning subtle cornering is no issue. The rumble also is supposed to happen with cornering but the Wii U version seem to have no lower level of rumble so it's giving the whole ram-into-wall rumbles even with the smallest level of cornering that you can achieve.

Quite a shame. Hopefully in six months I'm playing it perfectly emulated on the Switch having downloaded it for free...

MegalonJJ

Banned
They've really botched the F-Zero X release :(

Trying to set the max speed vs max acceleration is impossible with the analogue stick....and controlling the actual racing.....jesus

Did no one at Nintendo play this before release on the VC?

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

SHOOT THE BALL (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39

In SHOOT THE BALL, your objective is simple - use the touch screen to "shoot" the ball into the open space scoring a point. Each shape is randomly given a speed and colour to increase the difficulty. Challenge your family and friends to beat your session score. How many times can you SHOOT THE BALL?

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Special offers

Baila Latino (O2 GAMES) - €11.96/£9.96 (Ends December 8, normally €29.90/£24.90)
Fit Music for Wii U (O2 GAMES) - €11.96/£9.96 (Ends December 8, normally €29.90/£24.90)
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 GAMES) - €11.96/£9.96 (Ends December 8, normally €29.90/£24.90)
Elliot Quest (PlayEveryWare) - €11.69 / £8.54 (Ends November 24, normally €12.99/£9.49)
Olympia Rising (PlayEveryWare) - €4.49 / £4.04 (Ends November 24, normally €4.99/£4.49)
PixelMaker (Nostatic Software) - €2.90/£2.49 (Ends November 17, normally €3.49/£2.99)
STEEL LORDS (nuGAME) - €7.49/£5.49 (Ends December 8, normally €14.99/£10.99)
Word Party (Lightwood Games) - €7.99 / £7.49 (Ends November 17, normally €15.99/£14.99)
SPACE HULK (Hoplite Research) - €19.95 / £19.99 (Permanent, was €29.95/£24.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Special offers

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 GAMES) - €9.96/£7.96 (Ends December 8, normally €24.90/£19.90)
Dementium Remastered (Renegade Kid) - €7.49/£6.74 (Ends November 17, normally €14.99/£13.49)
Dan McFox: Head Hunter (Lightwood Games) - €1.99 / £1.59 (Ends November 24, normally €2.49/£1.99)

(Yep, that is everything for Europe this week.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not even any VC titles? Damn.

Doesn't help there probably won't be any sales of note for a few weeks as well.

Last year EU eShop had a big sale at the end of November I think? I hope we can get that again. Last two weeks have been rather weak, especially discounts wise. Finally got a Wii U so I could use some cheap games :D

L~A

There were some Cyber Deals from Nov. 27 to Nov. 30 (daily deals), but people were ranting non-stop about them :p

Ondore

I expected a light week when the Dementium Remastered sale got subject line billing in the Europe PR, but DAMN.

TheMoon

Last year EU eShop had a big sale at the end of November I think? I hope we can get that again. Last two weeks have been rather weak, especially discounts wise. Finally got a Wii U so I could use some cheap games :D

What. Halloween Sale was baller. Everyone should be broke right now.

YBdisk

Wow, it's pretty much nothing.
I should have bought The Last Story when it was still in stores. I think they're done with Wii VC releases. Fuck...

-shadow-

Wasn't there a new Wii release on the eShop in both America and Europe in the last few weeks? So I don't think they're quite done yet. But besides that, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released The Last Story on the eShop yet, they own the rights themselves as far as I'm aware and they've already put Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower up ages ago.

TheMoon

Wasn't there a new Wii release on the eShop in both America and Europe in the last few weeks? So I don't think they're quite done yet. But besides that, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released The Last Story on the eShop yet, they own the rights themselves as far as I'm aware and they've already put Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower up ages ago.

NA got DK Jungle Beat Wii Edition, PAL got Project Zero 2 Wii Edition, yea.

deadfolk

So how is the 3DS version of Power Drift? It's one of my favourite arcade games, but I really can't afford the collection this month year.

How much should I be drooling?

YBdisk

I'm just worried they''ll stop making them available the closer we get to Switch launch. I really want to play The Last Story.

Dee Dee

I'm just worried they''ll stop making them available the closer we get to Switch launch. I really want to play The Last Story.

I miss the multiplayer mode for this. Frantic arena battles or raid boss fights with strangers. Really good!
The whole thing where VC and Wii titles have their online modes cut out is just absolutely tragic. I understand the reasoning to not have a server up for population of... maybe 5 people being online at the same time for any VC game, but it's so sad to be reminded how parts of the game are just permanently disabled.
I mean this isn't exactly Mario Kart Wii where you'll be able to find a private server or some workaround tutorial how to still get a race going somewhere on the internet...

Aaaaaanyway. Sorry, I just got very nostalgic for fun times with The Last Story.

Can we expect cool new Pokémon themes on the eShop next week?

Pokemaniac

I miss the multiplayer mode for this. Frantic arena battles or raid boss fights with strangers. Really good!
The whole thing where VC and Wii titles have their online modes cut out is just absolutely tragic. I understand the reasoning to not have a server up for population of... maybe 5 people being online at the same time for any VC game, but it's so sad to be reminded how parts of the game are just permanently disabled.
I mean this isn't exactly Mario Kart Wii where you'll be able to find a private server or some workaround tutorial how to still get a race going somewhere on the internet...

Aaaaaanyway. Sorry, I just got very nostalgic for fun times with The Last Story.

Can we expect cool new Pokémon themes on the eShop next week?

The online servers were killed along with the rest of GameSpy's online services. Even in the best case, reviving them using in house servers is probably a nontrivial amount of effort.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
US getting 3 VC titles tomorrow:

- Mega Man X3 (New 3DS)
- Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii U)
- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii U)

PtM

Banned
PAL 3DS: Updates available for Metroid Prime Blast Ball and Super Metroid. Also Nano Assault EX.

L~A

Sorry for the double-post, but here's NA eShop PR:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Harvest Moon: Skytree Village – Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS system, this game lets players revive the land and save a village. It features new and easy farming mechanics, updated tools, terraforming and a new animal: the Poitou Donkey. Play as a boy or girl, interact with a new cast of characters, get married and start a family.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

- Mega Man X3 – After discovering a virus that is turning intelligent and peaceful robots known as Reploids into rogue Mavericks, scientist Dr. Doppler successfully creates an antivirus to the phenomenon. The reformed Reploids then move into Dopple Town, a place where humans and Reploids can live together in harmony. But when an outbreak occurs causing the Reploids to turn back into Mavericks, Maverick Hunters Mega Man X and Zero are sent to contain the situation. Choose either Mega Man X or Zero as you run, jump, dash, scale walls, avoid obstacles and fight enemies in eight challenging stages. At the end of each stage, defeat the boss to gain a special weapon that will aid you in the upcoming battles.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles – Swarms of undead creatures and mutated terrors rule the streets, pestilent hordes born of Umbrella's botched biowarfare research. Gather your firepower, choose various routes and pathways and prepare to face the horror as you uncover the dark truth that could take Umbrella down forever.
- Rhythm Heaven Fever – Perfect your rhythm with over 50 mini-games and remixes in this quirky, charming rhythm game. Catchy music and crazy scenarios will teach players to feel the beat. It’s easy to learn and tough to master...but aim for accurate performances, as players will be rewarded with in-game medals and bonus content.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week include Gunman Clive, Midnight 2 and Dan McFox: Head Hunter, plus several more. Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

- New My Nintendo Rewards Celebrate Metroid – The latest My Nintendo rewards are inspired by the launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, which includes the original Metroid game. Fans can redeem their My Nintendo points for discounts on digital games such as Metroid Prime: Trilogy (Wii U) and Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U) or get a Samus theme for the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system. Head to http://my.nintendo.com to check out the rewards today. And to learn more about the NES Classic Edition, check out its website.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade Anniversary Sale – Save big in the Nintendo Badge Arcade game this week. Let’s celebrate the first anniversary of the Nintendo Badge Arcade game with a sale on game plays. Nintendo Badge Arcade is a fun-filled, free-to-start, crane machine game that challenges you to collect badges from popular games to customize your Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu. Game plays are used to play the game. From Nov. 10 to Nov. 17, you can purchase plays for up to 50 percent off the regular price. You can also get four free plays during the week—two free plays on Thursday, Nov. 10, and another two free plays on Monday, Nov. 14. So be sure stop by and check it out. The sale starts on Nov. 10 at 3 a.m. PT and runs until Nov. 17 at 2:59 a.m. PT. Game play purchases do not apply towards My Nintendo rewards. For more information, go to: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nintendo-badge-arcade-3ds.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include Animal Crossing: Falling Leaves.

Also new this week:

- Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Dangerous Road (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Dungeon Hearts DX (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Kutar Apple (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Burger Factory (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Concert Staff (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar End Credits (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Jump Rope (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Magic Ball (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Powder Factory (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Quiz (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Ski Lift (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kutar Tube Rider (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SHOOT THE BALL (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

jmizzal

My a sec there I thought they were saying we could get Metroid Prime trilogy and zero mission with points from the NES mini lol

Lijik

Nothing has made me miss the giantbomb reading of Eshop descriptions more than the release of ten Kutar games in a single week

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I see Gunman Clive 2 is half off on the eShop. As someone who thought the first game was....okay (it was well made, but a tad short), does the sequel improve anything? For the price, I might as well jump on it & finally fill out my "3DSware" folder.

PtM

Banned
So I see Gunman Clive 2 is half off on the eShop. As someone who thought the first game was....okay (it was well made, but a tad short), does the sequel improve anything? For the price, I might as well jump on it & finally fill out my "3DSware" folder.
It's supposed to be longer. Also one additional character.

zroid

Banned

it's more of the same but more variety and overall better

can't remember if it's longer tho, maybe a bit?

foltzie1

It is short, but it is certainly worth $3, so it is a great deal at 50% off.

Remember 'Bizerta: Silent Evil'?

I assumed it would never be finished. It's releasing before year's end though!

ClhHQl1VAAQWkXj.jpg

oatmeal

Banned
Is there any chance we get any of the DS Advance Wars on Wii U?

I'm just about finished with AW2 (after beating AW1 a year or so ago).

Unbelievable games.

YBdisk

Is there any chance we get any of the DS Advance Wars on Wii U?

I'm just about finished with AW2 (after beating AW1 a year or so ago).

Unbelievable games.

Dual strike is available in Europe. It makes sense for NoA to make it available too...

Top Bottom