• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Dec. 2016- Thus Crom decrees: Clear Thy Backlog & Uncover The Riddle of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Any Alienware stream regulars interested in the Paladins Founder's Pack or the Dead By Daylight Bloodstained Sack DLC? I won codes during the 24 hour stream, but I honestly don't think I'll get around to playing them, would like to see them go to stream watchers.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Any Alienware stream regulars interested in the Paladins Founder's Pack or the Dead By Daylight Bloodstained Sack DLC? I won codes during the 24 hour stream, but I honestly don't think I'll get around to playing them, would like to see them go to stream watchers.
I could take the DBD dlc, if you don't mind. It's just cosmetics for the killers, nothing you actually will play/see yourself. It's just what the survivors see when you're in view.

Tellaerin

Maybe it's just me, but that sale was thoroughly underwhelming. It's starting to get to where I'm more excited about a new Humble Bungle than I am for a major sale. >.>

Yeeeeeeeeah fuck these stupid ass designed encounters in Bionic Commando.
The game was OK up until the final stretch and taht's where I'm calling it quits.

How "final" are we talking here? If you're really close to the end, it's worth it to just power through and get to the ending.

Some stretches of Bionic Commando annoyed me, but I've yet to find anything that beats the final story mission in Red Faction: Guerrilla for sheer frustration.

Parsnip

I also think that we should just keep this thread, no need for any of this temp stuff. Maybe replace the banner if MRORANGE made one already so as not to waste the work, and add any writeups he may have received in PM's, but other than that I don't see why we wouldn't just keep going.

when will it be appropriate to break out the holiday avatars?

First advent Sunday is the earliest for me, that's when Christmas time starts in my mind.

Kaleinc

Banned
Right so I got NVidia Inspector to behave nicely with Bionic Commando and apply MSAA. I have FXAA disabled along with AF at x16

Is this an OK output? Anything I should edit to make it look better?

I know I said I'd stop playing Bionic Commando for now but it's for future reference when setting up other games :p
For future reference your AA settings didn't work :p

If like the Paladins pack if it's still available.

Sch1sm

I'm playing Her Story but I have no idea what I'm doing. All I figured out is
that there's twins and one of the twins her husband got murdered and that he was cheating.
Halp pls

That's if
they really are twins. Dundundunnnn.
There's no canon ending.

You just gotta go through the interviews, there's one that triggers the ending. Just go through the tags like a champ. You'll manage.

One of the triggers of my Xbox One controller started squeaking recently :(

It's super annoying. I tried cleaning it with an electronic lubricant but no luck so far. Has anyone had this problem before?

Tizoc

For future reference your AA settings didn't work :p

Hmm I beg to differ; I started a new game and there are plants there, when I didn't use NVidia to inject AA they were aliased and had jaggies. With NVidia Inspector the jaggies are gone when I zoom in on them.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Flips360:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Complex Remastered (Epic Launcher) -- MB-36573769736027D5 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.

t1480462958z1.png

wtzgU.gif

here's another one. City of Ash II is like top 5 dungeons ive ever played in any mmo. Hows that?

Holy shit what a ride (just did it for the first time).
OK man. I never played or planned on playing an MMO but you and shackles alone are making me watch reviews and whatnot about ESO. Especially after reading from you both it can be played like a singleplayer game. Congrats on both your shilling and I hope the check is high.

Amzin

It just distracts attention from what we should be discussing, which is anime.

Speaking of which, I picked up a very interesting looking game during the sale, a recently released title called Sethian. We've all seen the film Arrival, right? It's similar to that, in that you have to decipher an alien language in order to uncover the mysteries that alien civilisation holds. This is what the game looks like.

Thanks for the tip off, the amateur linguist in me went ! at that description. Will pick it up... probably after I see Arrival >.>

Drayco21

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 1 will be leaving Early Access soon
http://steamcommunity.com/app/411960/allnews/
It has been getting A LOT of updates over the year, lots of good effort was put into it from the dev and is worth checking out if you like PS2 era Adventure Platformers.

This has me extremely excited; I used to love Ty. Has there been any word on bringing this to other platforms, or the sequels after this? I only just saw it was added to Steam while clicking around the store during the sale, it's cool to hear that it's actually been supported and sounds to be in good hands.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OK man. I never played or planned on playing an MMO but you and shackles alone are making me watch reviews and whatnot about ESO. Especially after reading from you both it can be played like a singleplayer game. Congrats on both your shilling and I hope the check is high.

I hope you're reading this Bethesda

It's true.

ForceAwakens7Text.gif

Some more people better be Xanaduing.

I'm playing Xanadu Next right now when I'm not on my PS4, and I'm having an absolute blast with it. I'm about 8 hours in and (I think) about 2/3 of the way done. It's a great game with a lot of mechanics that seem timeless and hit all the right buttons for me.

Teppic

I was too lazy to buy anything this sale. Nothing on my wishlist stood out for me and I've gotten a bit tired of endlessly looking through all indie game to maybe find one or two hidden gems. I also don't really need more games right now. Have DQ7 and Phoenix Wright 6 to play on 3DS. X amount of indie games I bought during the last half year to try out. Tales of Zestiria and Tales from the Borderlands to start (Have to wait until I have my better computer for those two though).

Maybe I'll buy something during the winter sale. But my gut feeling is that it will have the exact same discounts as this sale, and the one before that, and the ones last year. Then they'll end up in a bundle for like 95% off. I do want to support a lot of developers, but I can't really support more that the absolute best ones when all the discounts is like 15-66% off.

r3n4ud

One of the triggers of my Xbox One controller started squeaking recently :(

It's super annoying. I tried cleaning it with an electronic lubricant but no luck so far. Has anyone had this problem before?
Yep. Fucker went straight in the trash. As you said, super annoying.

Couldn't put up with the creaking.

New GTAIV Patch
[11/29/16] GTAIV Patch 8 Notes (PC Only)
November 30, 2016 12:41
Print

Added error code "WTV270" to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
Fixed a bug which made completing "Out of Commission" mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
Fixed a bug with the "Resource Usage" indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
Fixed a bug with text scrolling in "Brief" Menu.
Fixed "drawlist overflow" crash.
Minor performance optimizations.
Hopes crushed that GFWL got removed.

Brannon

I would be playing Xanadu, or Pillars of Eternity, or even the new Hitman game. I would be playing them.

But all those picross and nonogram games got me by the throat. Shouldn't this get boring by now? I mean I pretty much figured out the gist of it and all it takes is time, but nope, if it's not Skyrim it's Picross all the damn time.

If they're on mobile I'm done.

Tizoc making that OP poverty just like our fighting games.

You do Melty proud buddy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell back into Street Fighter V kinda. Trying to enjoy it some more.

Playing a bunch of Early Access games too.

rtcn63

Capcpom should do an RE4 spinoff where you're a Ganado trying to carry off the president's daughter. It could be the first stateside game that gets the milamber seal of approval.

You can buy replacement parts you know. I bought a complete shell and buttons for a 360 controller for $6 and basically has a new one once I was done.

r3n4ud

Shit. I'll still try to fix it with another lubricant I'll get tomorrow. Don't want to toss away this beautiful motherfucker yet.
When you try again, make sure the lubricant is rubbed on the springs when you push down on the trigger. Getting those springs greased should stop the squeaking. Of course it didn't work for me, so hopefully you have more luck.

Parsnip

Protip for anyone planning to play the original Darksiders (for whatever reason) and don't mind downloading the Warmastered edition as well. You can copy the videos folder from the Warmastered edition as-is, and get the significantly higher bitrate, full hd vids for the original game.

WELP. And right after I posted that, at least one of the videos didn't work in-game so I guess that's a no go after all.

It seems they were actually able to re-render them rather than just use the higher bitrate videos from the original PS3 version, since there are slight differences, like Abaddon's fur pauldrons or whatever are gray on the Warmastered videos.

darksiders_diff_by_majorparsnip-daq5omr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom