• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abyss Odyssey |OT| A Warlock's Nightmare From Which I Am Trying To Awake

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ivQsptiGm8OEI.png

ibcuanvt5dNIE6.png

Developer: ACE Team
Publisher: Atlus
Release Date: July 15th, 2014
Systems: PC | Xbox 360 | PS3
Rated: T For Teen | Pegi 16
Steam Bonus: Purchase Abyss Odyssey before July 15 to receive 33% discount off the regular price and a copy of the game OST. (27 tracks)

PC System Requirements:
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4800+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI 3850HD 512 MB or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space

What is Abyss Odyssey?
Abyss Odyssey is a Fighting Game - Roguelike - Platformer Adventure

What does all that means?
Fighting Game: Where your hero characters AND enemies have very varied move sets.

Roguelike: Where the world, enemy encounters and even which power ups you will find are all unpredictable

Platformer Adventure: Where you will help Katrien explore an abyss full of traps, pits and the Warlock´s nightmares.

About The Game
There are only two constants in Abyss Odyssey: a great evil awaits at the bottom of the pit, and you must succeed or die.

From indie Chilean developer ACE Team comes a new side-scrolling action adventure game featuring a complex fighting engine in procedurally generated levels that destines its three warriors to battle for an eternity. Enter the bold Katrien, the tortured specter Ghost Monk, and the ethereal Pincoya. Use the characters to perform combos, chaining attacks and releasing a flurry of blows in order to survive what lies beneath. Your path into the unknown may start out with three fierce warriors, but when you learn to possess your enemies, you can challenge the abyss with their skills and combat abilities. Each foe is as technically complex as the main warriors, so use all the options available to you and attempt to figure out the infinite abyss.

With side-scrolling levels that never play out the same way twice, you'll have a fresh experience every game as you face monsters, find life-saving merchants, and uncover treasures.

Begin your downward journey into the depths of the unknown.
iHxgCguZxk413.png

• Deep combat system that takes cues and mechanics from the fighting game genre. All playable characters have an expansive set of basic and special attacks unique to each of them, along with a host of universal mobility options and advanced techniques. Practice your moves and develop new combos in the Training room, where you can select any character you've unlocked in game, including the enemies.
  • Procedurally generated levels ensure no delve into the Abyss is the same. The rooms of the Abyss with their various twists and traps are randomized on every entry. Enemy spawns, equipment and items to be found, special characters to encounter, and more are different each and every time you play.
  • Unlock up to three hero characters to level up, earn skills, and collect equipment, then customize it all to best suit your play style. Leveling up earns skills points to upgrade each hero's unique skills a variety of ways, while various weapons and accessories can be equipped to grant them new abilities ranging from freezing opponents to cursing them.
  • Play as any character you encounter in the game—even the bosses. Unleash your hero's ultra attack to steal enemies' souls, allowing you take their form. Discover brand new move sets and character styles as you capture over 30 enemies, each as complex and advanced as the three heroes.
  • Work as a community to defeat the final boss together. When the collective community of Abyss Odyssey players defeats the final boss enough times, his mask breaks to reveal a new identity. Each time this is achieved, new content will be unlocked in game, including new enemies and other dynamics.
  • Beautiful visuals inspired by Art Nouveau, showcasing a story rich in Chilean culture. The flowing lines and beautiful organic styling of Art Nouveau can be seen from the game's UI to its character design. Set in late 19th-century Santiago, those characters and the game's story also draw heavy inspiration from Chilean folklore and mythology.
  • Play the campaign solo or with a friend in online or local cooperative multiplayer. A second player can drop in or drop out at any time to join you in your journey down the Abyss.
  • Bonus versus mode (PC) allows up to 4 players to test their skills against each other. Fight it out in special arenas developed for free-for-all or team-based competitive multiplayer. Use any character you've unlocked in game, hero or enemy, for dozens of characters to choose from.
iSYj1rIqiLVCs.png

iQMLO7qfZnlvO.png

Katrien - Katrien is the main hero of Abyss Odyssey. She is the only one who knew the Warlock before the Abyss appeared.
iEg1x90GFyod6.png

The Ghost Monk - The Ghost Monk is the embodiment of all the souls that have perished in the Abyss.
ivcCfVXVUkMHk.png

La Pincoya - Daughter of Millalobo, Savior of Sunken Ships and Princess of The Sea.
ihZ31888VIEkW.png

Screens
Gifs
Videos
Reveal Trailer
Features Trailer
E3 2014 Trailer
Launch Trailer
7 Minutes of Gameplay
Versus Trailer (It seems to be PC only)
Know your enemy: Judith
Know your enemy: Bauta
Main Theme: Behind the scenes
ibp2OykEUSYAQp.png

PC Metacritic
PS3 Metacritic
360 Metacritic
iOuKvr83Kqbhs.png

Official Website
Steam Store
Advance Combat Mechanics Guide
Facebook
Twitter

Ozium

Nice OP.

Can't wait for this game.. do I file it under Platformer - Action/Adventure or Roguelikes/Roguelites/Rougethings ?

Lernaean

Banned
Looks very interesting. Will have to get back home and properly check it out but it looks great on phone ;P

AHA-Lambda

Is it a roguelike like Binding of Isaac where if I die I am put back to the very start or rogue legacy where progress is always being made even if you die?

The definition of roguelike there just sounds like procedural generation.

Vazra

Is it a roguelike like Binding of Isaac where if I die I am put back to the very start or rogue legacy where progress is always being made even if you die?

The definition of roguelike there just sounds like procedural generation.

Progress is made even if you die.

Im using the content they have on their website but yeah its basically procedural generation.

lmfao, why am I not surpised that it was you who did the OT? :p I'll be playing as La Pincoya. Don't like her design but her fighting style is pretty dope

See ya online when they implement the Online Vs Mode Patch. ;)

<3 too bad I won't be able to play the game much on release since I'll be away on vacation for nearly a month. I might be able to put in a few hours though depending how busy I'll be(it comes out the day before I leave)

Salsa

won't be able to play till the end of the month but im very looking forward to it

thanks again nito

Nabs

This combat system looks like it was made for me. This'll definitely sit at the top of my co-op wishlist. I'm excited to hear impressions of it.

Man, this would come out at a time when I'm short on cash. Looks great and thanks for the informative OP! I'll get it on Steam soonish I hope. For now it has been added to the list.
stupid bills, stopping me from spending all my cash on games, ha!

BBboy20

I like the ACE crew and the idea of putting fighting mechanics in a Metriodvania title intrigues me.

Also bought an HCP 360 wireless dongle because there's no way I can play this game with mouse and keyboard.

Pre ordered on the strength of ACE teams previous games alone. These guys are great, such amazing art styles and worlds, i already love what ive read about AOs world and characters

Day 1 on Steam, this looks awesome!

Those very modest system requirements also give me hope that I can play this on my crappy laptop.

Subcribed.

ced

Never heard of this, looks cool as hell.

So this is just a download title on PSN? I can't find it anywhere.

Vazra

It's nowhere to be found on the PSN store, is this a US release?

Releases the 15th on Ps3 and Steam and the 16th for Xbox so I think those are US Dates but I think on Europe it would go either the same day or the next day. I don't expect a delay but who knows. Atlus IMO isn't doing a good job with the promo of the game so not everything is clear.

Top Bottom