• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Trans Siberian Orchestra

Ubername

Banned
It must have been 2003 when I went to BB to get something and I was given a freebie CD in a shrink wrapped paper sleeve that had the trans Siberian orchestra on it. Does anyone else remember this cd?

I only just realized now that the thing was a huge advertisement. It had a song called "All I want for Christmas" which was not the holiday classic but a song enumerating all the popular (and big ticket) items of the day. I distinctly remember the lead singer saying "..a PlayStation 2" in his lengthy manifesto of potential Christmas gifts to him.

I enjoyed the cd but it disheartens me to now realize it was but an ad.

Shifty

The only thing I remember about Trans Siberian Orchestra is this track:
Wizards in Winter

Some top-notch instrumental seasonal rock there. Definitely no shilling for the latest big brands :p

ubiblu

Trans Siberian Orchestra are insanely cool, and I would recommend you dig into the Savatage discography if the harder stuff is too your tastes.

I literally travelled from Australia to Ottawa to watch them live (and see friends).

Top Bottom